Low Information Voters versus Dimwitted Voters

It's not the act of voting that preserves our type of democracy. It's having INFORMED and moral voters who understand the Constitution and how things work.. Raving about VOLUME of voters who are driven to polls with gimmicks and hot-button issues is not smart.. OTH -- political wizards severely underestimate the Common Sense of low information voters on both sides. Even when the mainstream media is derelict in their duty to inform, and their product is a god awful combo of fluff and propaganda, older low information voters on BOTH sides who couldn't tell you where the Mason Dixon line is --- get the drift of where the country is heading.

The future is in 3rd party politics. Sooner or later both duopoly parties need replacing..
You may be confusing our republic with democracy. Hmm...

The founding generation spoke to having an informed and moral society in order to keep a republic. They were NOT big fans of democracy and were not addressing how the USA would function as a democracy.

Understanding the Constitution and how it works would be the job of the representatives the people elect in a democratic republic.

Political wizards consistently manipulate the dimwitted citizenry who mistake every thought in their pathetic heads as being Common Sense

Older voters have experience. They may even have wisdom, but the future is NOT theirs.

Draw a Venn Diagram. Our Republic is a sub-set form of democracy.. And your comment about understanding the Constitution should be left to elected representatives is APPALLING..

If you want manipulated automatons with no knowledge of how America got here to be the dominant voting block, you will end UP with a true Democracy. And that's not actually a good thing. Because the government already SUCKS WADS at 87% of the things that they do.. And PANDERING to voters is easier than actually fixing problems. THAT ---- is a large part of our CURRENT problem..
When very few people vote then if I were a politician I would only worry about what the Rich lobbyist want me to do I wouldn't even worry about the voters because I know only voters are the rich people who want the status quo and that's Republican

It's not the act of voting that preserves our type of democracy. It's having INFORMED and moral voters who understand the Constitution and how things work.. Raving about VOLUME of voters who are driven to polls with gimmicks and hot-button issues is not smart.. OTH -- political wizards severely underestimate the Common Sense of low information voters on both sides. Even when the mainstream media is derelict in their duty to inform, and their product is a god awful combo of fluff and propaganda, older low information voters on BOTH sides who couldn't tell you where the Mason Dixon line is --- get the drift of where the country is heading.

The future is in 3rd party politics. Sooner or later both duopoly parties need replacing..

The founding generation spoke to having an informed and moral society in order to keep a republic. They were NOT big fans of democracy and were not addressing how the USA would function as a democracy.

Understanding the Constitution and how it works would be the job of the representatives the people elect in a democratic republic.

Political wizards consistently manipulate the dimwitted citizenry who mistake every thought in their pathetic heads as being Common Sense

Older voters have experience. They may even have wisdom, but the future is NOT theirs.

Draw a Venn Diagram. Our Republic is a sub-set form of democracy.. And your comment about understanding the Constitution should be left to elected representatives is APPALLING..

If you want manipulated automatons with no knowledge of how America got here to be the dominant voting block, you will end UP with a true Democracy. And that's not actually a good thing. Because the government already SUCKS WADS at 87% of the things that they do.. And PANDERING to voters is easier than actually fixing problems. THAT ---- is a large part of our CURRENT problem..

the average American has never understood the Constitution. But our leaders -- the ones who started the revolution and wrote the Constitution and formed the constitutional conventions, they understood the Constitution. These men formed the body of elected representatives.

You venerate their constitution.

----------------

How America got where?

If you want to go with 'corruption' (a broad understanding of the term) as a complaint, then you are onto what drove the founding generation. But, others have to agree with you...then you can get together and bully others and take away their liberties in order to have a NEW sense of liberty.

You do know what the Sons of Liberty did to Americans who had been here for generations?

When very few people vote then if I were a politician I would only worry about what the Rich lobbyist want me to do I wouldn't even worry about the voters because I know only voters are the rich people who want the status quo and that's Republican

dumb shit here.

Few people vote and those that do are manipulated into voting identity over self interests.

dumb shit here.

Few people vote and those that do are manipulated into voting identity over self interests.
If you vote then that's an argument for why everyone else in America / teenage should vote. What makes you any different? Or better?

Low information people vote when they personally want something. Or they vote when the Govt steps on THEIR toes, or they vote because there's a cool and trendy angle to the election.

They don't vote because they are personally responsible for PARTICIPATING in govt. But voting without PARTICIPATION in the process, without an investment in understanding ALL the lying from BOTH sides is not admirable..

You want less corporate and special interest participation? LIMIT the government back to the few powers that they are ACTUALLY responsible. It's the POWER they have stolen stupid,, not the money..

If they couldn't pander and gift out to corporations and special interests -- Money wouldn't flow..
They can't even launch a website or protect 20Million employees from having their life records stolen by the Chinese. This is same govt that RENEWED Mohammed Attah's visa AFTER 9-11. No wonder the voting process is so lousy in this country. There's no attention to what govt is SUPPOSED to be doing.

And having MORONS without skin (brains) in the game voting just to run up the numbers -- Is just gonna make all that worse. REGARDLESS of whether they vote for Repubs or Dems..

Imagine a world where the base of one party has information and lots of it, only it's almost all information that is junk science, and biased opinion substituting for fact?
I call them "piss drinkers" to save time.

What is really, really weird about these people is after they have been shown time and time and time again they are being lied to, they go back for refills! It is downright frightening how hard they work at maintaining their obedience to their masters.

So I call them "willfully blind monkeys", too. And they deserve to be lied to.

the average American has never understood the Constitution. But our leaders -- the ones who started the revolution and wrote the Constitution and formed the constitutional conventions, they understood the Constitution. These men formed the body of elected representatives.

You venerate their constitution.

----------------

How America got where?

If you want to go with 'corruption' (a broad understanding of the term) as a complaint, then you are onto what drove the founding generation. But, others have to agree with you...then you can get together and bully others and take away their liberties in order to have a NEW sense of liberty.

You do know what the Sons of Liberty did to Americans who had been here for generations?

After the Revolution, there was STRONG grassroots participation in the debate about how our government was gonna work. TODAY --- i doubt that 30% of the 538 folks who write laws and oversee the bureaucracy understand what the LIMITS of Federal meddling actually are..

Kids in 1800 knew FAR MORE about how American govt is supposed to work than our college grads know today.. This IS a problem..

Speaking of piss drinkers...
But I do care that more voters are on the dole and are concerned about voting themselves a free ride.

If I was going to pick the most deeply embedded delusion which has been inculcated into you willfully blind monkeys, it is the one which has caused you to believe you are not sucking on the government tit as much as everyone else and protecting that tit with much more energy than the blacks on food stamps you hate so much.

Of course the dimwitted voters would be those who actually thought Romney would beat
Obama

Or that Gore would beat Bush or Kerry could beat Bush in a time of an unpopular war. Yeah there are some pretty dimwitted voters.

Spent the holiday week listening to the Right Wing Noise Machine .. replays of Rushbo and other wingnut, echo chamber mouthpieces and let me tell you I got an education.

It seems right wing world is of the opinion that the GOP lost the Presidential election, not because of Romney or the right wing kooks that came out of the woodwork to actually help the President and Democrats (the Dems actually won seats in BOTH houses of Congress in 2012), but because of low information voters...people new to the process, first time voters and others.

Imagine a party actually running against more people voting? It's hilariously funny and sad at the same time.

I guess the GOP base thinks having information o matter how twisted or distorted makes a better voter.

Denial runs rampant, but what is worth watching is how the right wingers deal with the fact that more people are voting now...more youth, and blacks, and others who usually sit out an election

Dante predicts more victimhood for the GOP and it's base
Speaking of dimwit voters. Just look at your junior high school name calling.

Irony

Of course the dimwitted voters would be those who actually thought Romney would beat
Obama

The dimwitted voters are the ones that believed the lies that Obama told while campaigning.

Oh! You actually believe your candidate doesn't lie and that people vote policies?

:lol:

you have no clue how voters vote and how political campaigns work. :laugh2:

If you like your Doctor you can keep him.

I did and I have.

and btw BOZO, people voted for Obama based on THAT line? :laugh2: you appear as confused as always

next

You bet they did dumbass. The promise of free stuff got him elected. You didn't know that?

Low information people vote when they personally want something. Or they vote when the Govt steps on THEIR toes, or they vote because there's a cool and trendy angle to the election.

They don't vote because they are personally responsible for PARTICIPATING in govt. But voting without PARTICIPATION in the process, without an investment in understanding ALL the lying from BOTH sides is not admirable..

You want less corporate and special interest participation? LIMIT the government back to the few powers that they are ACTUALLY responsible. It's the POWER they have stolen stupid,, not the money..

If they couldn't pander and gift out to corporations and special interests -- Money wouldn't flow..
They can't even launch a website or protect 20Million employees from having their life records stolen by the Chinese. This is same govt that RENEWED Mohammed Attah's visa AFTER 9-11. No wonder the voting process is so lousy in this country. There's no attention to what govt is SUPPOSED to be doing.

And having MORONS without skin (brains) in the game voting just to run up the numbers -- Is just gonna make all that worse. REGARDLESS of whether they vote for Repubs or Dems..
Look at you. As much information as you have you still vote wrong. So I don't know what the problem is if more people show up and vote there hunch their heart or their gut

Look at you. As much information as you have you still vote wrong. So I don't know what the problem is if more people show up and vote there hunch their heart or their gut

You have no idea how I vote. Most my adult life has been spent defeating the monopoly of the Dems and Repubs and working towards 3rd party parity.

"vote their hunch, their hearts, or their gut"..... Seems you left out their brains, principles and conscience.. I said a general gut reaction to a direction they didn't like is OK.... but I refuse to give up hope that they've actually STUDIED the issues and are PARTICIPATING from evidence --- not feelings or criminal political lying and manipulation...

You have no idea how I vote. Most my adult life has been spent defeating the monopoly of the Dems and Repubs and working towards 3rd party parity.

"vote their hunch, their hearts, or their gut"..... Seems you left out their brains, principles and conscience.. I said a general gut reaction to a direction they didn't like is OK.... but I refuse to give up hope that they've actually STUDIED the issues and are PARTICIPATING from evidence --- not feelings or criminal political lying and manipulation...
Just look into what I'm saying. Look at how Australia's election process goes. It is a much better system when everybody votes. And believe it or not when they start voting they start becoming more involved informed and everything else you're asking for. When they don't vote they don't matter and they don't help. You just don't think that they're going to vote with you and I agree most people probably won't and that's a good thing

The problem isn't the wits of the voters or their knowledge but the wit and knowledge level of the people in DC. The federal government and the US economy is simply too complicated to be understood by anyone but a team of highly skilled and trained professionals that are devoted to understanding it. Politicians are given a lot of power but they are rarely given the tools and resources to effectively wield that power.

Let me guess. Teabagger or Libertarian

The problem isn't the wits of the voters or their knowledge but the wit and knowledge level of the people in DC. The federal government and the US economy is simply become too complicated to be understood by anyone but a team of highly skilled and trained professionals that are devoted to understanding it. Politicians are given a lot of power but they are rarely given the tools and resources to effectively wield that power.
Where do you think these politicians come from? They come from American schools American homes American families American churches American neighborhoods. This is the best we got

The problem isn't the wits of the voters or their knowledge but the wit and knowledge level of the people in DC. The federal government and the US economy is simply become too complicated to be understood by anyone but a team of highly skilled and trained professionals that are devoted to understanding it. Politicians are given a lot of power but they are rarely given the tools and resources to effectively wield that power.
Where do you think these politicians come from? They come from American schools American homes American families American churches American neighborhoods. This is the best we got

A politician's job is to be a politician. They spend a lot of their time trying to understand the choices they are making but they also spend a lot of time dealing with the political realities of their job. What makes someone a good politician is different than what makes someone a good professional analyst.

I am not suggesting different politicians, I am suggesting that they need better people working for them.

Let me guess. Teabagger or Libertarian

Libertarian -- card carrying dues paying type --- BUT --- my interest is in getting 3rd parties on the ballot NO MATTER who they are. So I've chummed with Greens and Constitution folks.. Do you realize how times the Dems and Repubs ABANDON losing races and actually don't even run a candidate for Congress? It's a crime.

So doesn't MATTER if you go to polls if the ballot is already determined by having 1 of 2 parties decide NOT to contest an election.. What kind of "voting" is that eh?

Forum List

Back