Low Halloween Turnout..?

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
We had a pretty low turnout this year for Halloween, normally we get between 80 and 100 kids, this year maybe 40. We've had kids showing up in great numbers even in a light snow, this year 65 degrees and a bad turnout... what gives..?

Halloween is sucking more each year in this country ... can't say anything about the other countries so only addressing the US ;) People didn't start donning costumes until night time here, half the concerts got canceled (the one we were suppose to go to got canceled because they couldn't get their Visas, fucking feds) ... and this has been an over all bad week anyway ... got into an argument with my building door-man to top off the evening ... bah! Still my favorite holiday, but next year I am going to a party instead.

According to some on here it's because of:

A) The Swine Flu

B) Satan/The Pope/Fred Phelps

C) The people in Washington DC

D) The Washington Redskins

E) The social/economic factors involving the selling of candy and how that will effect our economy

F) They don't let grown ups trick or treat

G) The rain/snow/cold/heat

H) Gen Con Fans

I) The World Series

J) Kids just don't like begging for candy from strangers anymore.

A) The Swine Flu

E) The social/economic factors involving the selling of candy and how that will effect our economy

H) Gen Con Fans

I) The World Series

Bah! Just excuses ... :razz:

Halloween has changed allot, why when I was a kid.. moons ago.. it was dedicated to the kids. We made our own costumes, just about every porch light was lit and in 2 hours you could collect a shopping bag full of candy.

Now, most porch lights are out, you buy the costumes and you walk your butt off with your kids for 1/4 grocery bag full. economy...?

Halloween has changed allot, why when I was a kid.. moons ago.. it was dedicated to the kids. We made our own costumes, just about every porch light was lit and in 2 hours you could collect a shopping bag full of candy.

Now, most porch lights are out, you buy the costumes and you walk your butt off with your kids for 1/4 grocery bag full. economy...?

Laziness and bad marketing. ;)

Halloween is sucking more each year in this country ... can't say anything about the other countries so only addressing the US ;) People didn't start donning costumes until night time here, half the concerts got canceled (the one we were suppose to go to got canceled because they couldn't get their Visas, fucking feds) ... and this has been an over all bad week anyway ... got into an argument with my building door-man to top off the evening ... bah! Still my favorite holiday, but next year I am going to a party instead.

Sounds kind of rough.. doesn't sound much better today.. sheez

Maybe you should have your own party next year, do it up right..

We have a restricted building, most of the downtown buildings are getting like that, which sucks so I can't throw my own party ... otherwise I would. The whole week went downhill, went to the hospital with extreme pain ... had to sit there for hours before any tests were done (there was a lot going on so not their fault for that) ... only the tests didn't show anything (I hat CT scans ... I really do) .... that's how it all started.

A) The Swine Flu

H) Gen Con Fans

I) The World Series

Ho...Humm, ....magic .. fading

We have a restricted building, most of the downtown buildings are getting like that, which sucks so I can't throw my own party ... otherwise I would. The whole week went downhill, went to the hospital with extreme pain ... had to sit there for hours before any tests were done (there was a lot going on so not their fault for that) ... only the tests didn't show anything (I hat CT scans ... I really do) .... that's how it all started.

The best I can do is a virtual hug and a prayer.. you having more tests?

Going to different doctor this time, different hospital, this is the second time this particular one found nothing, so in spite of the extra long return trip I am going to the first hospital which does better tests (sonogram is much better) and actually found something the first time ... going back there should have been my first choice.

Going to different doctor this time, different hospital, this is the second time this particular one found nothing, so in spite of the extra long return trip I am going to the first hospital which does better tests (sonogram is much better) and actually found something the first time ... going back there should have been my first choice.

Oh, well that's good.. women are so much better at this stuff.. if the pain goes away for me.. I'm fine... if it comes back, damn it...I'll go.

Oh, well that's good.. women are so much better at this stuff.. if the pain goes away for me.. I'm fine... if it comes back, damn it...I'll go.

Actually, that's the only reason I am going ... it does go away ... then comes back ... but now the frequency of the pain's return is increasing ... so I looked up online for possible reasons. The hospital I have had the bad experience with didn't even consider most of them. If the pain didn't interrupt my sleeping schedule or I was willing to take pain meds for long periods of time it wouldn't bother me ... but damnit ... I like sleep.

My mom lives in one of only two decent neighborhoods in the town I grew up in. She said she got about 150 kids last night. Pretty much everyone brings their kids to her neighborhood to trick-or-treat though, because it's the neighborhood that you are least likely to get mugged.

Actually, that's the only reason I am going ... it does go away ... then comes back ... but now the frequency of the pain's return is increasing ... so I looked up online for possible reasons. The hospital I have had the bad experience with didn't even consider most of them. If the pain didn't interrupt my sleeping schedule or I was willing to take pain meds for long periods of time it wouldn't bother me ... but damnit ... I like sleep.

I sure can't help with diagnosis but it sounds like your doing the right thing. Don't get caught up in self diagnosis, you'll for sure lose sleep over that. It sucks for you and again I'll pray for you, I do know you well enough to hope for the best.

Last edited:
We had a pretty low turnout this year for Halloween, normally we get between 80 and 100 kids, this year maybe 40. We've had kids showing up in great numbers even in a light snow, this year 65 degrees and a bad turnout... what gives..?

We had an okay turn-out this year and this was with balmy weather! Perfect for trick-or-treating. I did notice large groups of teenagers. I'd say it was an even amount of both young kids and teens.

Forum List

Back