Low favorables: Dems rip Rasmussen

:lol::lol::lol:

Liberals are suddenly complaining about polling methodology!

This is just to damned funny.

I've been complaining about Rasmussen's methodology for about 4 years.

In fact, I was proving Rasmussen skewed their polls in a pro-Republican direction back in 2005, when it looked like this:

rasmussencorrectedapples.jpg

Now isn't that interesting? Rasmussen now uses a methodology that gets lower numbers for the Democrat Obama, but 4 years ago (and on) he was using a methodology that managed to get higher numbers for the Republican Bush...

...what an amazing coincidence!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

PS...case closed.

But aren't pollsters supposed to be in the business of accuracy? Why would they choose to skew, unless they are trying to satisfy a client? And wouldn't that client, who just got skewed, want to continue doing business with a pollster who intentionally cooks his numbers?

In fact, I was proving Rasmussen skewed their polls in a pro-Republican direction back in 2005, when it looked like this:

Now isn't that interesting? Rasmussen now uses a methodology that gets lower numbers for the Democrat Obama, but 4 years ago (and on) he was using a methodology that managed to get higher numbers for the Republican Bush...

PS...case closed.

But aren't pollsters supposed to be in the business of accuracy? Why would they choose to skew, unless they are trying to satisfy a client? And wouldn't that client, who just got skewed, want to continue doing business with a pollster who intentionally cooks his numbers?

You've not heard of the Beauggie Man: The Vast Right Wing Conspiracy?

In fact, the only complaining you've done on polls is from that other site and it was directed at those who refused to accept them when it was in your favor.

My position, which you know for a fact, has not changed at all. A poll is a predetermined answer to a question.

All pollsters use polls for the express purpose of moving public opinion where they wish it to go. It is why the only poll I trust is the election poll. And given the amount of cheating done in that arena, I take that poll with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

In fact, you the only complaining you've done on polls is that those at the other site refused to accept them when it was in your favor.

My position, which you know for a fact, has not changed at all. A poll is a predetermined answer to a question.

All pollsters use polls for the express purpose of moving public opinion where they wish it to go. It is why the only poll I trust is the election poll. And given the amount of cheating done in that arena, I take that poll with a grain of salt.

:clap2:

PS...case closed.

Sorry, but it's not that simple. There have been complaints for years from conservative-minded people that the other polls - Gallup, CNN, ABC, etc. - have been skewed to the Left. Now if that's the case (and there is some evidence to indicate this) and Rasmussen is skewed to the Right, the answer is somewhere closer to what Rasmussen publishes.

In fact, the only complaining you've done on polls is from that other site and it was directed at those who refused to accept them when it was in your favor.

I've already proven you wrong on this below. Unfortunately the written history of that other place has been destroyed or I would further prove it to you.

I've already proven you wrong on this below. Unfortunately the written history of that other place has been destroyed or I would further prove it to you.
I doubt it.

I doubt it.

The chart I posted is from 2005.

Forum List

Back