Loving goodness of god's grace

PetriFB

Aug 22, 2011
Different faith communities, denominations and churches teach various ways about the grace of God. Some of the teachings are Biblical and some quite unbiblical. Grace of God is one of the most essential teachings of the Bible and therefore it is important to understand what the Bible teaches about the grace of God. I will try to go through what the Bible says about the grace of God. My article does not cover everything about God's grace, but deals with it from a few important angles.

More info: God's grace and mercy loving goodness

I'm sorry, but if you're referring to Yahweh, the god of the Bible, there is absolutely NOTHING good, graceful or merciful about him. The deity described within those pages is a monster whose malevolence is so profound it staggers the imagination!

Thank goodness there is no evidence (or even any good reason) to believe the existence of such a creature -- the very personification of evil!

I'm sorry, but if you're referring to Yahweh, the god of the Bible, there is absolutely NOTHING good, graceful or merciful about him. The deity described within those pages is a monster whose malevolence is so profound it staggers the imagination!

Thank goodness there is no evidence (or even any good reason) to believe the existence of such a creature -- the very personification of evil!
God's pretty misunderstood. Maybe you don't have the proper context to understand Him.

And what, pray tell, is the proper context to understand a being who commits planetary ecocide (including countless innocent human beings and ignorant animals) out of anger, commands genocide of entire cultures (making especially certain not to miss any babies or fetuses in the womb), celebrates the dashing of infants' heads against rocks, threatens to starve people to the point where they'll be forced to eat their children, and dooms billions to an eternity of torment in Hell, simply because they were born into the wrong faith?

And what, pray tell, is the proper context to understand a being who commits planetary ecocide (including countless innocent human beings and ignorant animals) out of anger, commands genocide of entire cultures (making especially certain not to miss any babies or fetuses in the womb), celebrates the dashing of infants' heads against rocks, threatens to starve people to the point where they'll be forced to eat their children, and dooms billions to an eternity of torment in Hell, simply because they were born into the wrong faith?
keep in mind much of those descriptions were interpretations and outright deception with what was included in the 4th century christian bible.

keep in mind much of those descriptions were interpretations and outright deception with what was included in the 4th century christian bible.

That's a fair point, but with that in mind how, then, are we to know what -- if ANYTHING -- is a genuine part of the Bible? Only those that cast Yahweh in a positive light?

Different faith communities, denominations and churches teach various ways about the grace of God. Some of the teachings are Biblical and some quite unbiblical. Grace of God is one of the most essential teachings of the Bible and therefore it is important to understand what the Bible teaches about the grace of God. I will try to go through what the Bible says about the grace of God. My article does not cover everything about God's grace, but deals with it from a few important angles.

More info: God's grace and mercy loving goodness
The problem with this citation is that it is pretentious and fallacious.

It vaguely quotes a few Hebrew passages then it quickly morphs into fracture English MISTRANSLATED out of Greek.

That's a fair point, but with that in mind how, then, are we to know what -- if ANYTHING -- is a genuine part of the Bible? Only those that cast Yahweh in a positive light?
So you think you sound smart by using the word "Yahweh" ??

If you want to sound truly smart then throw it away and simply use YHVH.

It takes years of Hebrew study to decode what YHVH means and how it is pronounced -- and it is surely NOT "Yahweh".

So are you Lucifer (Latin name given to him by St. Gerome) or just one of his servants ??

STFUAH.

Paladin: That's a fair point, but with that in mind how, then, are we to know what -- if ANYTHING -- is a genuine part of the Bible? Only those that cast Yahweh in a positive light?
when those people that are the legacy of 4th century christianity, their history of repression and persecution of free Spirited individuals are brought to heal the true path from the 1st century can be reforged and set straight again.

So you think you sound smart by using the word "Yahweh" ??

If you want to sound truly smart then throw it away and simply use YHVH.

It takes years of Hebrew study to decode what YHVH means and how it is pronounced -- and it is surely NOT "Yahweh".

Actually, "Yahweh" is a perfectly acceptable translation of the biblical deity's name. But, in any case, my intention in using that version isn't to "sound smart." Rather, I ALWAYS try to make certain I refer specifically to "Yahweh" (or "YHVH" or "Jehovah" or whatever one prefers) instead of generic references to "God." It's my way of reminding people that the god of the Bible is NOT the only deity out there.

It's a very important distinction to make!

Paladin: That's a fair point, but with that in mind how, then, are we to know what -- if ANYTHING -- is a genuine part of the Bible? Only those that cast Yahweh in a positive light?
when those people that are the legacy of 4th century christianity, their history of repression and persecution of free Spirited individuals are brought to heal the true path from the 1st century can be reforged and set straight again.
The 4th Century A.D. is when the Bishops of the Early Church morphed it into fiefdoms with themselves as demigods.
This then culminated in a demigod Pope at Rome followed by several split-offs by first the Eastern Orthodox, then King Henry 8th, and finally Martin Luther.

Actually, "Yahweh" is a perfectly acceptable translation of the biblical deity. But, in any case, my intention in using that version isn't to "sound smart." Rather, I ALWAYS try to make certain I refer specifically to "Yahweh" (or "YHVH" or "Jehovah" or whatever one prefers) instead of generic references to "God." It's my way of reminding people that the god of the Bible is NOT the only deity out there.

It's a very important distinction to make!

Incidentally, "Yahweh" is a perfectly acceptable interpretation of
You're a moron. You are so stupid and illiterate you don't even know how much.

Spam bot.

Ignore list.

Another cockroach bites the dust.

The 4th Century A.D. is when the Bishops of the Early Church morphed it into fiefdoms with themselves as demigods.
This then culminated in a demigod Pope at Rome followed by several split-offs by first the Eastern Orthodox, then King Henry 8th, and finally Martin Luther.
The 4th Century A.D. is when ...

the compilation of the christian bible was put into effect the late 4th century AD 397 ... choosing what they included.

Assume with me that there is a God who created the universe and that He is good and revealed Himself to the Jews. I'm not asking you to believe this, I'm just throwing out a hypothetical scenario, ok? If you assume that, do you believe the error is yours or His. Because if the error is yours, it is incumbent upon you to try to figure out your misunderstanding. Right? In other words, you can't go looking for reasons why you are right and He is wrong. The reason I am telling you this is that I have no desire to convince you at all. I just don't care enough. I have proven it to myself. So I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you about it. So, if it is an argument you are looking for, there are more than enough people on this board for you both to waste your time. I'm not one of them. Like I said, I just don't cae enough. Believe whatever you want to believe.

Assume with me that there is a God who created the universe and that He is good and revealed Himself to the Jews. I'm not asking you to believe this, I'm just throwing out a hypothetical scenario, ok? If you assume that, do you believe the error is yours or His. Because if the error is yours, it is incumbent upon you to try to figure out your misunderstanding. Right? In other words, you can't go looking for reasons why you are right and He is wrong. The reason I am telling you this is that I have no desire to convince you at all. I just don't care enough. I have proven it to myself. So I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you about it. So, if it is an argument you are looking for, there are more than enough people on this board for you both to waste your time. I'm not one of them. Like I said, I just don't cae enough. Believe whatever you want to believe.

I'm not trying to be argumentative here, but I honestly don't understand how that answers my question. The notion that Yahweh was "revealing himself to the Jews" doesn't create any sensible context wherein the evils I cited make any sense.

I'm not trying to be argumentative here, but I honestly don't understand how that answers my question. The notion that Yahweh was "revealing himself to the Jews" doesn't create any sensible context wherein the evils I cited make any sense.
It doesn't answer the question, it answers the question I have about having that conversation with you. It would be illogical for me to explain the context to someone who has no desire to understand the context. Let's not waste our time playing games, ok?

Forum List

Back