Lovely morning

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
So, I get to work two minutes after I was supposed to be opening the store, praying that there'd be no customers for the first half hour or so, because frankly I'm pretty hung over.

Surprise! Four customers waiting at the door when I get there. Apparently, all of them had been talking about how much this store pisses them off because they were all in a foul mood. Then I get into the store only to realize at that exact moment that the manager changed the code on the alarm earlier this week and didn't tell me what the new one is. So, not only do I not help those people for a good ten, fifteen minutes as I try to get in touch with the manager, they have to stand around and listen to a loud annoying alarm. Then, the cops show up.

I finally get that all figured out and get ready to help those people. Zing! All the computers are locked up! And it takes another ten minutes to unlock them and reboot them. And, meanwhile, people are just streaming in.

And as I was just typing that, my manager called me to let me know that the cops have been calling him, and now they need him to fill out some paperwork explaining that I'm an employee.

Who loves working on Saturday!!!!:duh3:

Dan said:
So, I get to work two minutes after I was supposed to be opening the store, praying that there'd be no customers for the first half hour or so, because frankly I'm pretty hung over.

Surprise! Four customers waiting at the door when I get there. Apparently, all of them had been talking about how much this store pisses them off because they were all in a foul mood. Then I get into the store only to realize at that exact moment that the manager changed the code on the alarm earlier this week and didn't tell me what the new one is. So, not only do I not help those people for a good ten, fifteen minutes as I try to get in touch with the manager, they have to stand around and listen to a loud annoying alarm. Then, the cops show up.

I finally get that all figured out and get ready to help those people. Zing! All the computers are locked up! And it takes another ten minutes to unlock them and reboot them. And, meanwhile, people are just streaming in.

And as I was just typing that, my manager called me to let me know that the cops have been calling him, and now they need him to fill out some paperwork explaining that I'm an employee.

It really shouldn't be allowed.

Dan said:
So, I get to work two minutes after I was supposed to be opening the store,
.....I'm pretty hung over.
....the manager changed the code on the alarm
..... Then, the cops show up.
.... All the computers are locked up! And it takes another ten minutes to unlock them and reboot them. And, meanwhile, people are just streaming in.
.... they need him to fill out some paperwork explaining that I'm an employee.

1. That's not like you.
2. If you'd been early, there wouldn't be a customer until 2 in the afternoon!
3. And what is it with irresponsibile managers? The fact that he has to fill out papers is HIS fault, not yours. Of course, you know that. But does he???

Sorry your day is going so badly.

I didn't have to work today,
so I could really have enjoyed
the perfect weather
(A sunny July 75 or so),
if I had not got so hooked
on cyberspace, like here.

Forum List

Back