Louisianans: Bush did better with Katrina than Obama is doing with the Spill.

USArmyRetired

Rookie
May 29, 2010
You heard it here. Louisianans believe Bush could do better with the Oil Spill than Obama is doing. I believe they are right and spot on. Obama should have acted since day one and went on National TV and spoke to the masses. Sarah Palin would have done the same thing I believe and she would have eased the tensions with people being affected by the spill. Her experience with the Oilfield would ensure Louisianans that they are top priority over other issues being dealt with.

Quote:
A new Public Policy Polling survey confirms that Louisianans reject Obama's incompetent handling of the Gulf oil spill even more than they did Bush's handing of Hurricane Katrina.

As un-earthed by the Washington Examiner (these results were buried deep within the text of the report), it states:

Louisianans believe that President George W. Bush did a better job of handling the crisis in the state than President Obama, 50 to 35.
The survey also found that Louisianans overwhelmingly think the Gulf oil spill is far more harmful to Louisiana in the long run than Katrina (76-17%).

Louisianans: Bush did a better job with Katrina

Last edited:
Ted cites a loony rightwing rag for proof? $20 billion set aside in escrow and administered by a 3rd party? Yep, sure sounds as if the BHO admin is doing worse than Bush and Katrina: not. Can it do more? Yes. Anderson Cooper's interview with Louisianans frustrated with the feds not getting its act together quickly was telling last night.

Ted you have no cred when you pull this crap.

Ted cites a loony rightwing rag for proof? $20 billion set aside in escrow and administered by a 3rd party? Yep, sure sounds as if the BHO admin is doing worse than Bush and Katrina: not. Can it do more? Yes. Anderson Cooper's interview with Louisianans frustrated with the feds not getting its act together quickly was telling last night.

Not only that but the asshat is attmepting to compare apples to anvils....:cuckoo:

Not only that but the asshat is attmepting to compare apples to anvils....:cuckoo:

DAMN...He must be a Democrat!!!!

DAMN...He must be a Democrat!!!!

No, based on his name, he appears to be a Tea Bagger....although, it appears that Tea Baggers can be Democrats as recently found about about their new sweetheart Sharron Angle, so who knows.

So does this mean Obama hates black people too? Because he is doing a worse job than Bush?

Although the press will have you believe otherwise, we were more upset over the local response than the Federal response after Katrina. Blanco and C. Ray were asleep at the switch. As fo the oil spill, we rather wish the feds would just get the hell out of the way. We can't get straiht answers and they delay everything.

Last edited:
Although the press will have you believe otherwise, we were more upset over the local response than the Federal response after Katrina. Blanco and C. Ray were asleep at the switch.

Nagin had a meltdown in his "chocolate" city..

Although the press will have you believe otherwise, we were more upset over the local response than the Federal response after Katrina. Blanco and C. Ray were asleep at the switch. As fo the oil spill, we rather wish the feds would just get the hell out of the way. We can't get straiht answers and they delay everything.

I agree on this. Waive the fed regulations and let the locals and state react in the ways they know will work.

I'd like to know why all the people who are drawing unemployment can't be put to work cleaning this up. Would it not help the economy?

The impact today of the oil spill copmpared to the "remembered impact" of Katrina is why the numbers are skewed.

Up here in the northeast, the blizzard of 2010 as it was happening was worse than the blizzard of 2005. But if the blizzard of 2005 occurred in 2011 it would be deemed worse than the blizzard of 2010.

Experiencing a disaster will always seem worse than a disaster of the past.

Furthermore, the results of Katrina are fact and stableized. The results of the spill are yet to be determined.

I'd like to know why all the people who are drawing unemployment can't be put to work cleaning this up. Would it not help the economy?

Why would they risk their health to make the same amount of money they would earn with unemployment?

I dont agree with people preferring not to work if they are collecting unemployment, but it is reality when it comes to a TEMPORARY manual labor job.

Sweet! I don't want to pay to help clean your beaches up anyway. So, where is Piyush Jindal going to get the money from without Federal involvement?

You heard it here. Louisianans believe Bush could do better with the Oil Spill than Obama is doing. I believe they are right and spot on. Obama should have acted since day one and went on National TV and spoke to the masses. Sarah Palin would have done the same thing I believe and she would have eased the tensions with people being affected by the spill. Her experience with the Oilfield would ensure Louisianans that they are top priority over other issues being dealt with.

Quote:
A new Public Policy Polling survey confirms that Louisianans reject Obama's incompetent handling of the Gulf oil spill even more than they did Bush's handing of Hurricane Katrina.

As un-earthed by the Washington Examiner (these results were buried deep within the text of the report), it states:

Louisianans believe that President George W. Bush did a better job of handling the crisis in the state than President Obama, 50 to 35.
The survey also found that Louisianans overwhelmingly think the Gulf oil spill is far more harmful to Louisiana in the long run than Katrina (76-17%).

Obama did worse? Wow. A lot of people must have died waiting for food and water. Please post a link. I want to know exactly how many.

I'm not surprised by these poll results. This President really has botched this thing. It's just so sad. Btw,they still haven't stopped the leak.

It might link to a 'right wing rag' but the poll was conducted by a left wing pollster, Public Policy Polling.

The poll states:

Louisianans believe that President George W. Bush did a better job handling the crisis in
the state than President Obama, 50 to 35. But most Louisianans think the oil spill is far
more critical than Hurricane Katrina. Louisianans overwhelmingly believe that the effects
of the oil spill will be far more harmful to Louisiana in the long term than Hurricane
Katrina, 76 to 17%.

A link to the poll conducted by Public Policy Polling on June 14, 2010:

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_LA_615.pdf

Quote:

Obama did worse? Wow. A lot of people must have died waiting for food and water. Please post a link. I want to know exactly how many.

Still waiting for that link.

Uh people,they haven't even stopped the leak yet. This awful calamity is far from over. No amount of money is going to fix this. The terrible suffering will go on for many many years. Just ask the people out in Alaska. The President and BP are both to blame. Their incompetence has been shocking. Meanwhile,the spill goes on.

Forum List

Back