Louisiana - the cutting edge of science!

what can one do but laugh...even if this is the most pitiful post of the day. Leave it to a republican to embrace ignorance and stupidity. My hometown is New Orleans and we don't claim the rest of the state...except for our awesome Cajuns to the southwest of the city.
I just spoke to someone in Louisiana this week. She tells me she's a Democrat, but when I asked, she confessed she voted for Santrorum in the primary. Pitiful.

Our Democrats are not typically of the flaming liberal breed.
A point that I've made numerous times on this board.

I detect that you have been misinformed...either that or you're just too liberal to save.

Stick with your latter assumption.. and to think Oooopoopoo is from my state... I bet he's from Baton Rouge.
DONALDSONVILLE.
Bunch of douche bags over there.
Might have something to do with the far higher percentage of Republicans in Baton Rouge vs. New Orleans. I'm surprised you haven't gone "high BRow" yet.

But that is defintely something we can both agree on. BR is full of douchebags.

Baton Rouge certainly has there share of douchebags but I'd have say the city is about half and half. LSU is there and is full of educated Liberals. Geaux Tigers. :eusa_angel:

ID is a ruse to get around Edwards v. Aguillard.

Creationsim is not science it's mythology.

Correct – they’ll keep pushing until they get religion in schools, the Constitution be damned.

The law still requires science teachers to use state-approved texts. However, it allows use of supplemental materials, chosen at the local level, on science subjects including evolution, cloning and global warming.
BESE can prohibit supplemental materials it deems inappropriate, but teachers and local school boards don't need BESE's prior approval to introduce supplemental material.

"These supplemental materials will be creationist materials," Kopplin said.

Of course they will, in violation of Aguillard.

Stick with your latter assumption.. and to think Oooopoopoo is from my state... I bet he's from Baton Rouge.
DONALDSONVILLE.
Bunch of douche bags over there.
Might have something to do with the far higher percentage of Republicans in Baton Rouge vs. New Orleans. I'm surprised you haven't gone "high BRow" yet.

But that is defintely something we can both agree on. BR is full of douchebags.

Baton Rouge certainly has there share of douchebags but I'd have say the city is about half and half. LSU is there and is full of educated Liberals. Geaux Tigers. :eusa_angel:

Fear the hat!

The Taliban like religious indoctrination in school also, just more of it. Where do you draw the line?

Yeah. Because vouchers have worked so well in other places.

Jeez.

They were working very well in Washington D.C. and then the Democrats got control of the White House and Congress and ended it, much to the objection of the parents who were getting their children out of poorly performing and downright dangerous schools.

Where are you suggesting they have not worked?

Sure, if you consider "sucess" providing an education to a small percentage of the population.

I just wanted to take time out to brag on my state.;

Recently, the legislature and Piyush successfully prevented repeal of a law that gives Louisiana school students a leg up on the world. This law allows teachers in schools to decide to teach the more moden theory of Intelligent Design in class instead of the outdated and unholy theory of evolution. Louisiana senators reject repeal of Science Education Act | NOLA.com So HA HA HA! You're kids will all continue to live in ignorance, while ours are getting the most advanced science available! YES!:clap2:
Good for you! I heard something else related to Katrina and Louisiana schools the other day. It seems that the Teachers Union is losing its power to keep poor performing, tenured "teachers" from being fired...and when they have to cut down on the staff of teachers, it's NOT first in..last out anymore. Teachers are being kept on the basis of their own performance.

I haven't found a link to what the radio program presented, but I would be proud of Louisiana for doing this too. More states need to tell the Teachers Unions and the NEA to kiss ass!

Yea, get rid of those darned teacher. Teach right wing stuff. Things kids can use. Like "magical creation".

The Taliban like religious indoctrination in school also, just more of it. Where do you draw the line?

Draw the line? at the "Confederacy", home of the Republican Party.

Wrong O, confederates were democrats! tisk tisk.

We can go over the dixiecrats if you like, some went republican and some stayed democrat, but they were all democrats at one time!

Draw the line? at the "Confederacy", home of the Republican Party.

Wrong O, confederates were democrats! tisk tisk.

We can go over the dixiecrats if you like, some went republican and some stayed democrat, but they were all democrats at one time!
And now they're mostly Republican.

By party and region
Note: "Southern", as used in this section, refers to members of Congress from the eleven states that made up the Confederate States of America in the American Civil War. "Northern" refers to members from the other 39 states, regardless of the geographic location of those states.
The original House version:
Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7%–93%)
Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0%–100%)
Northern Democrats: 145-9 (94%–6%)
Northern Republicans: 138-24 (85%–15%)
The Senate version:
Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5%–95%)
Southern Republicans: 0–1 (0%–100%)
Northern Democrats: 45-1 (98%–2%)
Northern Republicans: 27-5 (84%–16%)
[edit]
Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia