Louisiana - the cutting edge of science!

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
I just wanted to take time out to brag on my state.;

Recently, the legislature and Piyush successfully prevented repeal of a law that gives Louisiana school students a leg up on the world. This law allows teachers in schools to decide to teach the more moden theory of Intelligent Design in class instead of the outdated and unholy theory of evolution. Louisiana senators reject repeal of Science Education Act | NOLA.com So HA HA HA! You're kids will all continue to live in ignorance, while ours are getting the most advanced science available! YES!:clap2:

Recently, the legislature and Piyush successfully prevented repeal of a law that gives Louisiana school students a leg up on the world. This law allows teachers in schools to decide to teach the more moden theory of Intelligent Design in class instead of the outdated and unholy theory of evolution. Louisiana senators reject repeal of Science Education Act | NOLA.com So HA HA HA! You're kids will all continue to live in ignorance, while ours are getting the most advanced science available! YES!:clap2:
Good for you! I heard something else related to Katrina and Louisiana schools the other day. It seems that the Teachers Union is losing its power to keep poor performing, tenured "teachers" from being fired...and when they have to cut down on the staff of teachers, it's NOT first in..last out anymore. Teachers are being kept on the basis of their own performance.

I haven't found a link to what the radio program presented, but I would be proud of Louisiana for doing this too. More states need to tell the Teachers Unions and the NEA to kiss ass!

Good for you! I heard something else related to Katrina and Louisiana schools the other day. It seems that the Teachers Union is losing its power
Power? What power? The Teachers Union has no power in Louisiana! That's hilarious. My Aunt is a retired teacher and a liberal, and the teacher's union has so little power in this state that she never even bothered to join.
Teachers are being kept on the basis of their own performance.

LOL! No, they're being kept based on how good the parents of their students are. You teach in a bad neighborhood with shitty parents -you get a pay cut- you teach in a good neighborhood with great parents- you get a raise! That's clearly the solution.
I haven't found a link to what the radio program presented, but I would be proud of Louisiana for doing this too. More states need to tell the Teachers Unions and the NEA to kiss ass!
Yes - the teachers are the ENEMY! Fuck them, they HATE our kids! This is clearly the reason Jindal didn't consult a single teacher in writing his new bill, what do they know about teaching?

Tell you what - we should fire them all and hire a bunch of righties like yourself to take their place! I'm sure you'd love to go teach in a New Orleans inner city school and you'd have all the kids understanding integral calculus in less than month, that should be easy, right?

Good for you! I heard something else related to Katrina and Louisiana schools the other day. It seems that the Teachers Union is losing its power
Power? What power? The Teachers Union has no power in Louisiana! That's hilarious. My Aunt is a retired teacher and a liberal, and the teacher's union has so little power in this state that she never even bothered to join.
Teachers are being kept on the basis of their own performance.

LOL! No, they're being kept based on how good the parents of their students are. You teach in a bad neighborhood with shitty parents -you get a pay cut- you teach in a good neighborhood with great parents- you get a raise! That's clearly the solution.
Yes - the teachers are the ENEMY! Fuck them, they HATE our kids! This is clearly the reason Jindal didn't consult a single teacher in writing his new bill, what do they know about teaching?

Tell you what - we should fire them all and hire a bunch of righties like yourself to take their place! I'm sure you'd love to go teach in a New Orleans inner city school and you'd have all the kids understanding integral calculus in less than month, that should be easy, right?
I detect that you have been misinformed...either that or you're just too liberal to save.

Good for you! I heard something else related to Katrina and Louisiana schools the other day. It seems that the Teachers Union is losing its power to keep poor performing, tenured "teachers" from being fired...and when they have to cut down on the staff of teachers, it's NOT first in..last out anymore. Teachers are being kept on the basis of their own performance.

They passed a school choice bill. Parents can now use vouchers to get kids out of failing schools. It's also more difficult for teachers to retain their tenured status.

Gov. Jindal signs education reform bills into law | KATC.com | Acadiana-Lafayette, Louisiana

They passed a school choice bill. Parents can now use vouchers to get kids out of failing schools. It's also more difficult for teachers to retain their tenured status.

Gov. Jindal signs education reform bills into law | KATC.com | Acadiana-Lafayette, Louisiana
That's the one. I can imagine why the liberals and the old, inadequate teachers are pissed. Thanks. Maybe other states will follow suite and our education system will be improved.

I detect that you have been misinformed...either that or you're just too liberal to save.

About what? Can you be more specific or is "nah uhhh!' the best you can do?

Awesome. Now private interestes will get taxpayer money in exhange for providing a shitty education. I can't wait until the only schools available to the poor are underfunded public institutions and Bubba's Elementary School and Carwash , where taxpayer money goes to teaching kids how to wash cars.

Teachers must be rated "highly effective" for five out of six years to maintain tenure.

So in order for a teacher to keep their jobs they have to be above average.
This should make it evident they don't teach math in our schools.

I'm certain the new law will attract the best and brightest educators to Louisiana schools. Who wouldn't want to work for a state where they teach alchemy and creationism and where half the teachers can be fired for not voting for the right person?

Last edited:

what can one do but laugh...even if this is the most pitiful post of the day. Leave it to a republican to embrace ignorance and stupidity. My hometown is New Orleans and we don't claim the rest of the state...except for our awesome Cajuns to the southwest of the city.

That's the one. I can imagine why the liberals and the old, inadequate teachers are pissed. Thanks. Maybe other states will follow suite and our education system will be improved.
Yeah. Because vouchers have worked so well in other places.

Jeez.

No one is as dumb as this post suggests you are, good trolling attempt though.

Yeah. Because vouchers have worked so well in other places.

Jeez.

They were working very well in Washington D.C. and then the Democrats got control of the White House and Congress and ended it, much to the objection of the parents who were getting their children out of poorly performing and downright dangerous schools.

Where are you suggesting they have not worked?

Stick with your latter assumption.. and to think Oooopoopoo is from my state... I bet he's from Baton Rouge. Bunch of douche bags over there.

Stick with your latter assumption.. and to think Oooopoopoo is from my state... I bet he's from Baton Rouge.
DONALDSONVILLE.
Bunch of douche bags over there.
Might have something to do with the far higher percentage of Republicans in Baton Rouge vs. New Orleans. I'm surprised you haven't gone "high BRow" yet.

But that is defintely something we can both agree on. BR is full of douchebags.

Stick with your latter assumption.. and to think Oooopoopoo is from my state... I bet he's from Baton Rouge.
DONALDSONVILLE.
Bunch of douche bags over there.
Might have something to do with the far higher percentage of Republicans in Baton Rouge vs. New Orleans. I'm surprised you haven't gone "high BRow" yet.

But that is defintely something we can both agree on. BR is full of douchebags.

Definitely.. I hate that town.. I travel to Lafayette A LOT and take hwy 90 just to avoid BR. I live in Metairie... figured "Soggy in Metairie" would be lost on most people. :lol:

Last edited:

what can one do but laugh...even if this is the most pitiful post of the day. Leave it to a republican to embrace ignorance and stupidity. My hometown is New Orleans and we don't claim the rest of the state...except for our awesome Cajuns to the southwest of the city.
I just spoke to someone in Louisiana this week. She tells me she's a Democrat, but when I asked, she confessed she voted for Santrorum in the primary. Pitiful.

I just spoke to someone in Louisiana this week. She tells me she's a Democrat, but when I asked, she confessed she voted for Santrorum in the primary. Pitiful.

Our Democrats are not typically of the flaming liberal breed.

Forum List

Back