Louisiana Police Department Stops Its Prayer Vigils Over Freedom FROM Religion Foundation Complaint

The constitution imposes neutrality toward religion. Unfortunately people are violating this.

There is a situation currently in South Dakota, in which the law has been abused to require people who want an abortion to attend "counseling" at centers operated by "Christian" fundies regardless of the woman's own religion. State law is being used to funnel these people into a sectarian religious indoctrination session as a condition of exercising their constitutional rights.
So why don't you have your prayers before the start of the meeting? Before the attendees are seated? If a meeting is scheduled for 7:00, why not have your group prayers at 6:50 if you want them so much?
There is a situation currently in South Dakota, in which the law has been abused to require people who want an abortion to attend "counseling" at centers operated by "Christian" fundies

" require people who want an abortion to attend "counseling" at centers operated by "Christian" fundies"

link?
South Dakota Bill Regarding Pre-Abortion Counseling (SB 110) - Rewire.News
The constitution imposes neutrality toward religion. Unfortunately people are violating this.

There is a situation currently in South Dakota, in which the law has been abused to require people who want an abortion to attend "counseling" at centers operated by "Christian" fundies regardless of the woman's own religion. State law is being used to funnel these people into a sectarian religious indoctrination session as a condition of exercising their constitutional rights.
So why don't you have your prayers before the start of the meeting? Before the attendees are seated? If a meeting is scheduled for 7:00, why not have your group prayers at 6:50 if you want them so much?
There is a situation currently in South Dakota, in which the law has been abused to require people who want an abortion to attend "counseling" at centers operated by "Christian" fundies

" require people who want an abortion to attend "counseling" at centers operated by "Christian" fundies"

link?

The South Dakota legislature has passed a law that requires women to attend indoctrination sessions at something known as the "Alpha Center," a place known to be operated by "Christian" fundies
Current Laws :: NARAL Pro-Choice South Dakota

Why would there be a LAW, enacted by a state legislative body that requires people who have decided to abort a pregnancy to meet with a fundie group? How is the state involved with this? What is this state government's connection with this fundie group? Why should people who have decided to have an abortion waste their time, anyway?

Now you provide a link.

I see nothing in any of your links regarding 'Christian', or 'Alpha Center'.

(I checked the first 2 links before I asked you for one)
These outlets deliberately hide their contacts, affiliations, and funding.

They hide them so well they can't be found, or you would have been able to supply a link.

The rest of your post stinks of Conspiracy Theory

This is the one in Fort Collins
About Us | Alpha Center

This from Sioux Falls
Alpha Center Friends | Sioux Falls, SD
In SD, abortion counseling meant to discourage

You still have not explained why Big Government is forcing people to interact with these centers. If I had a problem with a pregnancy, these are the last people that I would want to talk to. I think that forcing people to discuss their personal problems with perfect strangers is totally unconstitutional. This is an instance of Big Government forcing a sectarian ideology on the public.

If anyone who the state is forcing me to talk to asks me any questions about my personal life, I will gladly tell them to go fuck themselves. Also, no one physically touches me.
Thank you! I have been on the sidelines for a while here- other obligations- but you are certainly holding your own with these morons.!!

The only thing she is holding is her butt with both hands.

I keep asking her for links to back her up, and she posts links that dont' even come close

They even want the PD to stop having Chaplains.

What a bunch of assholes.

The city attorney was quoted in the linked article as saying that "doing away with the chaplaincy program would alienate those within the police department who are Christian." Why would this be so? Does the department provide chaplains to everyone, or just Christians of a certain denomination?

A government agency should not be involved in religion, anyway. The are plenty of community and religious organizations to organize such things as prayer vigils.

Remember that one cannot use the term "religion" with any accuracy because it is an extremely generic term. When people talk about "religion" they must specify which religion and which denomination or group within that religion to which they are referring.

A government agency should not be involved in religion, anyway.

Why not?

Senate and House both open the session with a prayer.

Have, for the most part, since about 1789
That is also unconstitutional

The constitution does not impose hostility to religion, which is what the FFR idiots want.

I was laughing at you ignoring the First Amendment.

This has nothing to do with the First Amendment. It is about not imposing someone's brand of sectarian religion on attendees at a public meeting. This is detrimental to our democratic republic and the functioning of our public institutions. Just keep prayer off of the official agenda. Prayer is necessarily sectarian. Of what religion are you that you cannot attend a meeting for an hour or two without acting out?

Otherwise, you can address your deity in any way you wish, kneel, prostrate yourself, chant, sing, wave your hands at the sky. Do cartwheels. Whatever you wish.

Is there any reason that you have to turn your religious beliefs into public theater?

This has nothing to do with the First Amendment.

Has everything to do with it.

or, are you still ignoring "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

This is detrimental to our democratic republic and the functioning of our public institutions.

only to snowflakes

Otherwise, you can address your deity in any way you wish, kneel, prostrate yourself, chant, sing, wave your hands at the sky. Do cartwheels. Whatever you wish.

Per the First Amendment, they have that right...

any damn place they want.

If they want to do it, do it outside of the meeting. If I attend a local government meeting on a sewer issue, I don't want Muslims unfurling their prayer rugs in the middle of of the city council's discussion of the sewer problem between Ninth and Main. Neither do I want to listen to some jeffress pointificate about whatever.

Why do you theatricals want to perform so much?
The meeting doesn't officially start until AFTER the prayer.... :p

How about replying to one person at a time, asshat?

And neutrality is not hostility, which is what the FFR people want.

Establishment is about tithes and forced attendance, not police holding a prayer vigil for the family members of murder victims.

Snowflakes DON'T want Christians to pray, especially Christians and actively attempt to stop it.

Snowflakes DO want Muslims to Pray, even in public, and go as far as building special prayer rooms in schools for Muslims.

Snowflakes do not want peace, civility, or Unity through prayer in public, but they do want violent protests, violent intolerance, to control others by doing things like dictating when and where people can pray, and don't consider attempted assassinations of conservatives to be a problem or lack of Civility - they openly call for MORE.

Got it. Thanks, snowflakes...
Pray all you want at home, at church. Not at work. Can you deal with it?
Thank God and the Founding Fathers you can't impose restrictions on my religious freedoms.
Pray all you want, but not at work or in my Town Meeting.
A prayer vigil is not a town hall meeting. It is a specific PRAYER event. Again, if you are offended, don't go.

link?

link?

The South Dakota legislature has passed a law that requires women to attend indoctrination sessions at something known as the "Alpha Center," a place known to be operated by "Christian" fundies

Why would there be a LAW, enacted by a state legislative body that requires people who have decided to abort a pregnancy to meet with a fundie group? How is the state involved with this? What is this state government's connection with this fundie group? Why should people who have decided to have an abortion waste their time, anyway?

Now you provide a link.

They hide them so well they can't be found, or you would have been able to supply a link.

About Us | Alpha Center

This from Sioux Falls

You still have not explained why Big Government is forcing people to interact with these centers. If I had a problem with a pregnancy, these are the last people that I would want to talk to. I think that forcing people to discuss their personal problems with perfect strangers is totally unconstitutional. This is an instance of Big Government forcing a sectarian ideology on the public.

If anyone who the state is forcing me to talk to asks me any questions about my personal life, I will gladly tell them to go fuck themselves. Also, no one physically touches me.
Thank you! I have been on the sidelines for a while here- other obligations- but you are certainly holding your own with these morons.!!

I keep asking her for links to back her up, and she posts links that dont' even come close
Apparently you are not bright enough to click on the links that she did , in fact provide.

Now you provide a link.

About Us | Alpha Center

This from Sioux Falls

Apparently you are not bright enough to click on the links that she did , in fact provide.
Clicked on all 3.

no mention of Christian, no mention of being forced to use Alpha counselors.

About Us | Alpha Center

This from Sioux Falls

Clicked on all 3.

The state's new law requires women seeking abortions to first participate in one free counseling session at a pregnancy help center, defined as an organization that does not offer abortion referrals but works "to educate, counsel and otherwise assist women (to keep) their relationship with their unborn children." The centers would determine whether a woman is being pressured to have an abortion, and provide information to help her give birth and keep a child.

The law also establishes the nation's longest waiting period at three days by prohibiting an abortion from being performed until 72 hours after a woman meets with an abortion clinic doctor. The doctor ultimately would determine whether she is being coerced.

Apparently you don't read very well. And it is a Christian organization

Alpha Center

About Us | Alpha Center

This from Sioux Falls

Clicked on all 3.

The state's new law requires women seeking abortions to first participate in one free counseling session at a pregnancy help center, defined as an organization that does not offer abortion referrals but works "to educate, counsel and otherwise assist women (to keep) their relationship with their unborn children." The centers would determine whether a woman is being pressured to have an abortion, and provide information to help her give birth and keep a child.

The law also establishes the nation's longest waiting period at three days by prohibiting an abortion from being performed until 72 hours after a woman meets with an abortion clinic doctor. The doctor ultimately would determine whether she is being coerced.

Alpha Center

good boy...

now, point to where the State is demanding women seeking an abortion are being forced to use their facilities.

Clicked on all 3.

Alpha Center

good boy...

now, point to where the State is demanding women seeking an abortion are being forced to use their facilities.
Now point to what other facility that a woman can go to in that state-that complies with the law AND is not a Christian Fundi front

link?

link?

Now you provide a link.

About Us | Alpha Center

This from Sioux Falls

You are very welcome. And thank you for doing so much to defend all the various targeted communities in the U.S. on USMB. I, too, have other obligations that sideline me at times, but I also like to take a mini-vacation from USMB just to keep my head clear.

Some of the people posting on this thread are just being coy and it becomes a huge waste of time because they are definitely hiding something. One has to be very firm with them. They know about the separation of religion and government. They know why it is necessary. They know that when they speak of "religion," they mean only one, their's. It's very fatiguing.

Cheers!

Clicked on all 3.

Alpha Center

good boy...

Now point to what other facility that a woman can go to in that state-that complies with the law AND is not a Christian Fundi front

Planned Parenthood?

link?

link?

Now you provide a link.

About Us | Alpha Center

This from Sioux Falls

You are very welcome. And thank you for doing so much to defend all the various targeted communities in the U.S. on USMB. I, too, have other obligations that sideline me at times, but I also like to take a mini-vacation from USMB just to keep my head clear.

Some of the people posting on this thread are just being coy and it becomes a huge waste of time because they are definitely hiding something. One has to be very firm with them. They know about the separation of religion and government. They know why it is necessary. They know that when they speak of "religion," they mean only one, their's. It's very fatiguing.

Cheers!

They know about the separation of religion and government.

Which is in the Constitution?

A. Separation of Church and State

B. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

C. Both.

Clicked on all 3.

Alpha Center

good boy...

Planned Parenthood?

That reading comprehension problem of yours is showing again:
The state's new law requires women seeking abortions to first participate in one free counseling session at a pregnancy help center, defined as an organization that does not offer abortion referrals

Clicked on all 3.

Alpha Center

good boy...

Planned Parenthood?

That reading comprehension problem of yours is showing again:
The state's new law requires women seeking abortions to first participate in one free counseling session at a pregnancy help center, defined as an organization that does not offer abortion referrals

:bang3::bang3:

Clicked on all 3.

Alpha Center

good boy...

The S.D. state health department lists only two facilities to go in order to comply with the law, the other being the Black Hills Pregnancy Center in Rapid City:

Pregnancy Info & Services - - SD Dept. of Health

which is operated by Care Net:

About

This law is a clear attempt to force people to physically attend an appointment to listen to sectarian religious/ideologically-motivated speech by strangers.

Even if this could be construed as constitutional, the S.D. government website and the websites of these two establishments do not provide any answers as to what, if any personal questions are being asked of the forced clients, whether the forced clients are required to give out information as to their identities, what happens to this information, whether these centers are required to comply with HIPAA or other confidentiality rules, what are the professional qualifications of the staff, how is the state government notified that these people have attended the forced session, etc.

Government and sectarian religion cannot be mixed as it violates the rights of third parties.

Forum List

Back