Louisiana Oil and Gas Association is demanding Obama lift the Moratorium on Drilling.

USArmyRetired

Rookie
May 29, 2010
Louisianan's along with the Louisiana Oil and Gas Association are wanting President Obama to understand that they are suffering and want him to open the waters up to drilling so businesses along the gulf coast can start making money and people can work. One accident shouldn't shut down the gulf petroleum industry. Tons of small mom and pop businesses that relate to the industry are being effected in a trickle down side effect.

See what people are saying in Louisiana on LOGA's facebook:

.facebook.com/#!/LouisianaOilGasAssociation

Louisianan's along with the Louisiana Oil and Gas Association are wanting President Obama to understand that they are suffering and want him to open the waters up to drilling so businesses along the gulf coast can start making money and people can work. One accident shouldn't shut down the gulf petroleum industry. Tons of small mom and pop businesses that relate to the industry are being effected in a trickle down side effect.

See what people are saying in Louisiana on LOGA's facebook:

.facebook.com/#!/LouisianaOilGasAssociation

What a fucking joke! Actually, it isn't even funny....

Does anyone truly believe that Obama and crew care if another 100,000 or more lose their jobs? After all it's not their fault, they have BP as a scapegoat. They will take this opportunity to advance their liberal agendas to close down as much drilling as possible.

Does anyone truly believe that Obama and crew care if another 100,000 or more lose their jobs? After all it's not their fault, they have BP as a scapegoat. They will take this opportunity to advance their liberal agendas to close down as much drilling as possible.

Are you serious? You got Piyush Jindal screaming for Federal help to clean up the mess caused by scurrilous oil companies and yet at the same time these LA fucks want MORE drilling in the Gulf????

• Banned
In Terrebonne Parish where Houma, La is approximately 96 thousand are being effected by the rigs being shut down.

In Terrebonne Parish where Houma, La is approximately 96 thousand are being effected by the rigs being shut down.

Compared to how many millions that are being affected by the big fucking LEAK in the Gulf??? Selfish mother fuckers if you ask me.

Are you serious? You got Piyush Jindal screaming for Federal help to clean up the mess caused by scurrilous oil companies and yet at the same time these LA fucks want MORE drilling in the Gulf????

Duh, yes. There is no way we can stop drilling, unless of course you want to send even more US dollars to the middle east. And if we are not in the gulf drilling do you think for a minute that 25 or even 50 other countries are not? Remember BP means British Petroleum.

"Thank you Sir, may I have another?"

kicknut.jpg

Duh, yes. There is no way we can stop drilling, unless of course you want to send even more US dollars to the middle east. And if we are not in the gulf drilling do you think for a minute that 25 or even 50 other countries are not? Remember BP means British Petroleum.

So....taking a short respite to ensure people drilling in areas that the American tax payer will be forced to clean up is a BAD idea?

Compared to how many millions that are being affected by the big fucking LEAK in the Gulf??? Selfish mother fuckers if you ask me.
Let me tell u something. Shut down South Louisiana and prices at the pump and seafood will go sky high. Those people need their jobs back. Obama needs to lift the moratorium. The USA depends on that part of the region. It is a national security priority.

A moratorium on drilling at the depths where the accident happened makes sense. You would want a thorough review of procedures and regulation.

For shallower drilling you probably could let it continue, just require onsite regulatory oversight during operations. Moratoriums caused by unique one of a kind accidents can often be cases of overcompensation for saving face after the fox has already raided the henhouse.

Let me tell u something. Shut down South Louisiana and prices at the pump and seafood will go sky high. Those people need their jobs back. Obama needs to lift the moratorium. The USA depends on that part of the region. It is a national security priority.

I don't know where your dumb ass lives, but thanks to BP, my seafood prices have already gone up. Get a clue, dumb ass!

A moratorium on drilling at the depths where the accident happened makes sense. You would want a thorough review of procedures and regulation.

For shallower drilling you probably could let it continue, just require onsite regulatory oversight during operations. Moratoriums caused by unique one of a kind accidents can often be cases of overcompensation for saving face after the fox has already raided the henhouse.

I agree. However, since it is obvious now that these rigs are NOT being properly and safely managed, a short moratorium in order to investigate and right the wrongs is in order.

I don't know where your dumb ass lives, but thanks to BP, my seafood prices have already gone up. Get a clue, dumb ass!

I live in Houma, La. I am in the Drilling Business.

I live in Houma, La. I am in the Drilling Business.

Apparently, not anymore!

So....taking a short respite to ensure people drilling in areas that the American tax payer will be forced to clean up is a BAD idea?

Maybe you should take a leave from your job, without pay, to be in solidarity with these people.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Maybe you should take a leave from your job, without pay, to be in solidarity with these people.

All he has to do is go to his local union hall and ask to be assigned to a new jobsite. How hard is that?

Forum List

Back