Louisiana officials: 60,000 homes damaged by flooding

Stop developing and living so close to water. When will humans learn? I mean, so many Louisianans actually live in a bleepin swamp for God's sake. But if you do choose to live in such dangerous locations, always be prepared for the worst. Don't depend solely on Government to bail you out. It isn't the Government's responsibility to provide you with common sense. That's on you.

And that's the biggest problem. Too many Americans are solely dependent on Government for survival. And sadly, that's especially true of African Americans. Just look at Katrina. They were not prepared. And many paid the ultimate price for that. Always depend on yourself for survival. Become independent and self-sufficient. And for God's sake, use some common sense. You live in a bleepin swamp? Things could get ugly. Either be prepared for it, or relocate. Simple as that.

Actually the government, literally, was supposed to build those levees in a way that worked, and they failed to do it. That's been established in court. And that was the devastation of Katrina ---- the flooding from the levee failures, not the storm itself.

There are certain things that must be the domain of government because it's beyond the scope of what local communities or cities can do. Infrastructure especially. And levee walls are definitely a part of that.

I know that must cheese your anarchist hide but ---- tough.

Like i said, stop developing and living so close to water. Things will inevitably get ugly. Most Americans just aren't prepared. They truly believe the magical Government Fairy is gonna suddenly appear and defeat those mean ole natural disasters. They're totally dependent folks.

If you live in a disaster-prone area, it's your responsibility to always be prepared for the worst. If you don't wanna be prepared, it's time to relocate. But to be fair, i don't observe old-time Bayou folks whining about this stuff. They've lived in those locations for hundreds of years. They know the way of life. They're prepared. You never hear them bitchin. I have to respect them.

Interesting approach. Two paragraphs that directly contradict each other.

Let us know who wins.

Stop developing and living so close to water. When will humans learn? I mean, so many Louisianans actually live in a bleepin swamp for God's sake. But if you do choose to live in such dangerous locations, always be prepared for the worst. Don't depend solely on Government to bail you out. It isn't the Government's responsibility to provide you with common sense. That's on you.

And that's the biggest problem. Too many Americans are solely dependent on Government for survival. And sadly, that's especially true of African Americans. Just look at Katrina. They were not prepared. And many paid the ultimate price for that. Always depend on yourself for survival. Become independent and self-sufficient. And for God's sake, use some common sense. You live in a bleepin swamp? Things could get ugly. Either be prepared for it, or relocate. Simple as that.

Actually the government, literally, was supposed to build those levees in a way that worked, and they failed to do it. That's been established in court. And that was the devastation of Katrina ---- the flooding from the levee failures, not the storm itself.

There are certain things that must be the domain of government because it's beyond the scope of what local communities or cities can do. Infrastructure especially. And levee walls are definitely a part of that.

I know that must cheese your anarchist hide but ---- tough.

Like i said, stop developing and living so close to water. Things will inevitably get ugly. Most Americans just aren't prepared. They truly believe the magical Government Fairy is gonna suddenly appear and defeat those mean ole natural disasters. They're totally dependent folks.

If you live in a disaster-prone area, it's your responsibility to always be prepared for the worst. If you don't wanna be prepared, it's time to relocate. But to be fair, i don't observe old-time Bayou folks whining about this stuff. They've lived in those locations for hundreds of years. They know the way of life. They're prepared. You never hear them bitchin. I have to respect them.

Interesting approach. Two paragraphs that directly contradict each other.

Let us know who wins.

Old-time Bayou folks know the deal. You rarely hear them bitchin. They're always prepared. They don't depend on the Government Fairy to save them. Those who do, should relocate immediately. Disaster will strike again.

Forum List

Back