Louisiana: Obamacare Yes, Vitter No

This was hardly a vote for Obamacare.... it was more of a vote against Vitter for traditionally conservative reasons.... the guy fucked around on his wife with whores.

Stop salivating.. LA isn't turning blue.

Louisiana: John Bel Edwards' win *DOES* have an important lesson for Democrats nationally
By Brainwrap
Sunday Nov 22, 2015

Google_ChromeScreenSnapz219.jpg

<snip>

Furthermore, when you click on the (huge) banner, here's Edwards' healthcare position page:

The link doesn't work but Bel Edwards position page is below...

Healthcare in Louisiana is at a crossroads. Years of neglect and indifference from Bobby Jindal’s administration have caused serious damage to our healthcare system. As such, now, more than ever, our state needs a governor committed to the well-being of Louisianans – not someone beholden to political ideologies or chasing personal ambitions. Louisiana needs a governor who will make healthcare accessible to all citizens. In short, Louisiana needs a governor who will put Louisiana first. We need John Bel Edwards.

MEDICAID EXPANSION

As a state legislator, John Bel has championed the cause of bringing $16 billion of our own taxes home to Louisiana over the next ten years to care for working families in our state. Accepting Medicaid expansion would provide a much-needed spark of life to our state’s healthcare system, which has suffered due to an ever expanding number of uninsured patients.

Expansion would provide health insurance to over 290,000 uninsured parents and adults, most of whom come from working families. By increasing the number of insured patients, expansion woulddecrease the amount of uncompensated care providers must deliver each year. Decreasing the amount of uncompensated care allows healthcare providers to pass savings along to all consumers through lowered costs and expanded access. Accepting the Medicaid money to which we are entitled would also inject 1.8 billion dollars into our economy and create over 15,000 jobs within two years.

The economic benefits of Medicaid expansion are impactful, but just as importantly, we must recognize that it is simply the right thing to do. To improve healthcare for everyone, we must ensure the parents, children and working-disadvantaged of our state have access to care and that providers are not struggling to provide that care.

...AS GOVERNOR, JOHN BEL EDWARDS WILL

• Work with the state legislature to accept our healthcare dollars back into the state to expand Medicaid and provide access to health care to over 290,000 uninsured Louisiana citizens.
  • Collaborate with Louisiana’s “safety net” hospitals and other charity care providers to ensure they receive the support needed to increase efficiencies and achieve improved health outcomes for all patients.
  • Continue to work with the VA to increase access to care and improve outcomes for our servicewomen and servicemen.
  • Increase the number of inpatient beds for the mentally disabled and prioritize the quality of our state’s mental healthcare system.

Bel Edwards can do simple arithmetic - something many Republicans are incapable of doing.

When Bel Edwards authorizes Medicaid in the state of Louisiana, $1.8 billion will be injected into Louisiana's high unemployment, low wage economy in the first two years - $16 billion in the next ten years, create 15,000 jobs within two years and-----and give healthcare to hundreds of thousands of Louisianans who have been deprived of healthcare by Republican politicians. I'm counting on Louisianans being smart enough to vote for Dems for at least a generation... more.

Interesting, I didn't pay much attention to that election but John Bel Edwards is a West Point grad, pro gun and anti abortion. Not your typical demonrat

Bel Edwards seems pretty typical to me, unlike Republicans, Democrats are less likely to toe the party line 100% of the time and-----and Dems seldom (if ever) sign pledges to vote in the interest of multi-millionaires and billionaires instead of their constituents.

There are a couple of social issues that I wish Bel Edwards was more liberal/better on but by and large with just a minor tweak here and there Bel Edwards is an OK Dem and just to be clear... when Bel Edwards extends Medicaid, he guarantees funding for Planned Parenthood - good on him!

Both of Louisiana's teachers unions endorsed Bel Edwards - I wonder what effect Bel Edwards will have on Louisiana's Charter Schools?

Teachers’ union backs John Bel Edwards for governor
March 11, 2015
Will Sentell

The Louisiana Federation of Teachers, one of the state’s two teacher unions, endorsed Democrat John Bel Edwards for governor on Wednesday morning.

“John Bel Edwards has dedicated his adult life to the service of his country and his state,” LFT President Steve Monaghan said in a prepared statement.

“He is the right man at the right time to lead Louisiana to a brighter future for us and our children,” Monaghan said.

Vitter sounds like he's mentally challenged, but far from it actually... he has a degree from Harvard, a degree from Oxford, a J.D. from Tulane and is a Rhodes Scholar. His hypocrisy bit him on the ass.

Interesting, I didn't pay much attention to that election but John Bel Edwards is a West Point grad, pro gun and anti abortion. Not your typical demonrat

Bel Edwards seems pretty typical to me, unlike Republicans, Democrats are less likely to toe the party line 100% of the time and-----and Dems seldom (if ever) sign pledges to vote in the interest of multi-millionaires and billionaires instead of their constituents.

There are a couple of social issues that I wish Bel Edwards was more liberal/better on but by and large with just a minor tweak here and there Bel Edwards is an OK Dem and just to be clear... when Bel Edwards extends Medicaid, he guarantees funding for Planned Parenthood - good on him!

Both of Louisiana's teachers unions endorsed Bel Edwards - I wonder what effect Bel Edwards will have on Louisiana's Charter Schools?

Teachers’ union backs John Bel Edwards for governor
March 11, 2015
Will Sentell

The Louisiana Federation of Teachers, one of the state’s two teacher unions, endorsed Democrat John Bel Edwards for governor on Wednesday morning.

“John Bel Edwards has dedicated his adult life to the service of his country and his state,” LFT President Steve Monaghan said in a prepared statement.

“He is the right man at the right time to lead Louisiana to a brighter future for us and our children,” Monaghan said.

Bleh, you again?

Edwards is a conservative with a D behind his name. He is not going to expand failed obamacare in La.

Health Care

MEDICAID EXPANSION
As a state legislator, John Bel has championed the cause of bringing $16 billion of our own taxes home to Louisiana over the next ten years to care for working families in our state. Accepting Medicaid expansion would provide a much-needed spark of life to our state’s healthcare system, which has suffered due to an ever expanding number of uninsured patients.

Expansion would provide health insurance to over 290,000 uninsured parents and adults, most of whom come from working families. By increasing the number of insured patients, expansion would decrease the amount of uncompensated care providers must deliver each year. Decreasing the amount of uncompensated care allows healthcare providers to pass savings along to all consumers through lowered costs and expanded access. Accepting the Medicaid money to which we are entitled would also inject 1.8 billion dollars into our economy and create over 15,000 jobs within two years.

The economic benefits of Medicaid expansion are impactful, but just as importantly, we must recognize that it is simply the right thing to do. To improve healthcare for everyone, we must ensure the parents, children and working-disadvantaged of our state have access to care and that providers are not struggling to provide that care.

'
Medicaid is not obamacare. do some research before making a fool of yourself.

BTW, Maggie Hassan (a woman with an arab name) is opposed to bringing Syrian refugees into this country. what does she know that you don't?

The Medicad expansion is part of the Affordable Care Act, Fishy. Jesus do some research before you spout off.

You'd be amazed at his stupidity if you weren't familiar with USMB, where no rightwing stupidity amazes.

Edwards is a conservative with a D behind his name. He is not going to expand failed obamacare in La.

Health Care

MEDICAID EXPANSION

Expansion would provide health insurance to over 290,000 uninsured parents and adults, most of whom come from working families. By increasing the number of insured patients, expansion would decrease the amount of uncompensated care providers must deliver each year. Decreasing the amount of uncompensated care allows healthcare providers to pass savings along to all consumers through lowered costs and expanded access. Accepting the Medicaid money to which we are entitled would also inject 1.8 billion dollars into our economy and create over 15,000 jobs within two years.

'

BTW, Maggie Hassan (a woman with an arab name) is opposed to bringing Syrian refugees into this country. what does she know that you don't?

I won't call you an idiot but only because I think it should be you that tells everyone on the USMB that you self flagellated when you realized Hassan is not an "Arab" name and Medicaid expansion is covered in the ACA - amiright?

Please call yourself an idiot on the M/B cuz I really don't want to be the one that has to do it, OK?

Health Care

MEDICAID EXPANSION

'

I won't call you an idiot but only because I think it should be you that tells everyone on the USMB that you self flagellated when you realized Hassan is not an "Arab" name and Medicaid expansion is covered in the ACA - amiright?

Please call yourself an idiot on the M/B cuz I really don't want to be the one that has to do it, OK?

Hassan is not an arab name? I guess you think that Hussein is also not an arab name. or that Obama is not an African name.

the idiot is you, you just proved it in spades.

Forum List

Back