Louisiana justice of the peace denied marriage license to interracial couple

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Think Progress » Louisiana justice of the peace denied marriage license to interracial couple, worried they might have children.

Bardwell said he has discussed the topic with blacks and whites, along with witnessing some interracial marriages. He came to the conclusion that most of black society does not readily accept offspring of such relationships, and neither does white society, he said.

“I don’t do interracial marriages because I don’t want to put children in a situation they didn’t bring on themselves,” Bardwell said. “In my heart, I feel the children will later suffer.”

If he does an interracial marriage for one couple, he must do the same for all, he said.

“I try to treat everyone equally,” he said.

What's this? They want to mix their races? How dare they! :eek:

The true horror in this Halloween season certainly! :eusa_eh:

As for my opinion that is not dripping with sarcasm, this is certainly wrong.

I thought people were already past this shit, even in the south. Here we are, about to get Gays the right to marry, and then Lousiana's got to pull this shit.

People need to grow the fuck up.

I thought people were already past this shit, even in the south. Here we are, about to get Gays the right to marry, and then Lousiana's got to pull this shit.

Not by a long shot. If they wouldn't get in trouble, it'd happen more often. Hell, just wait hear you more talk about "state rights". Although plenty of people are concerned about actual state rights, there are a certain group of people who use the argument to try and justify Segregation.

Not by a long shot. If they wouldn't get in trouble, it'd happen more often. Hell, just wait hear you more talk about "state rights". Although plenty of people are concerned about actual state rights, there are a certain group of people who use the argument to try and justify Segregation.

Dude, Racism and State's Rights are two completely different subjects.

Federalism is a concept about the formation of political order... racism is a mindset.

They should have gotten married in a church.

Justices of the Peace are laws unto themselves.

Dude, Racism and State's Rights are two completely different subjects.

Federalism is a concept about the formation of political order... racism is a mindset.

You're not understanding what I'm saying, people use the argument of state's rights at the time or use to in order to have veiled racist attacks. This is of course is only in referring to civil rights legislation and Segregation.

Is that an...

xotoxi-albums-pictures-2-picture831-dramatic-gopher.gif

INTERRACIAL KID???

Interesting observation by this asshat. Society doesn't accept children of mixed races, yet we just elected one to the White House?:cuckoo:

He sounds like an arrogant prick to me.

At the end of the article the guy said:

"I've been a justice of the peace for 34 years and I don't think I've mistreated anybody," Bardwell said. "I've made some mistakes, but you have too. I didn't tell this couple they couldn't get married. I just told them I wouldn't do it."

So if the guy doesn't want to marry them.

I don't believe he should be forced to marry them.

The couple just needs to go somewhere else.

The stupid Justice does not need to be a Justice. And any children in his house needs to be removed right now.

The stupid Justice does not need to be a Justice. And any children in his house needs to be removed right now.

Last I checked we are actually ALLOWED in this free society to have our own beliefs and to act on them so long as they violate no law. Since this racist person can not deny them the right to marry he has broken no law, violated no oath and has done nothing but exercise his Constitutional protected right to be a racist.

To bad for all you whiners. Now find me someone that violated a law and we can have another discussion. But the 1st Amendment is EXACTLY for these kind of dumb people just like for the rest of us. Freedom is, well, messy.

This doesn't surprise me. Not in the least. This is Louisiana, people. Are any of you truly surprised something like this would happen there?

What will be the future of the white and the black race if more and more couples decide to follow their path?

Isn't racial diversity something that enriches, something that add diversity to the human family? Something that is worth preserving?

It's ironic that we probably have 9 whites and 1 black participating in this discussion and the only person worried about the future of these two varieties of human beings is a latino : )

José;1621577 said:
What will be the future of the white and the black race if more and more couples decide to follow their path?

Isn't racial diversity something that enriches, something that add diversity to the human family? Something that is worth preserving?

It's ironic that we probably have 9 whites and 1 black participating in this discussion and the only person worried about the future of these two varieties of human beings is a latino : )

Lying piece of filth, you are a racist retard and don't give a rat's fuck about whites or blacks.

"I've been a justice of the peace for 34 years and I don't think I've mistreated anybody," Bardwell said. "I've made some mistakes, but you have too. I didn't tell this couple they couldn't get married. I just told them I wouldn't do it."

Always defending the nazis, huh? He's a sick old fuck who needs to loose his job - at the least.

Always defending the nazis, huh? He's a sick old fuck who needs to loose his job - at the least.

Ya fuck the 1st Amendment, who needs that when we are mad?

Last I checked we are actually ALLOWED in this free society to have our own beliefs and to act on them so long as they violate no law. Since this racist person can not deny them the right to marry he has broken no law, violated no oath and has done nothing but exercise his Constitutional protected right to be a racist.

To bad for all you whiners. Now find me someone that violated a law and we can have another discussion. But the 1st Amendment is EXACTLY for these kind of dumb people just like for the rest of us. Freedom is, well, messy.

I just contacted the Tangipahoa Parish and requested Justice of Peace Keith Bardwell be fired. I hope everyone that gives a shit do the same.

He's a Justice of Peace - he clearly discriminated against this couple based on their race. He broke a law - by discriminating against mixed couples. He needs to be gone with the wind.

Ya fuck the 1st Amendment, who needs that when we are mad?

Isn't there a law against RACIAL DISCRIMINATION on the books in ze USA? I suggest you look it up.

Forum List

Back