louis armstrong

H

harvey diamond

all of you out there who like rap and bop and this other shit have no ears and are tonedeaf or were born 5 days ago ....jazz was music in the 30s 40s not insults to the ears ...

Um, didn't you say the same thing in your other post?

I honestly don't think I've heard any Louis Armstrong, what did he do that I might have heard? Really, most of the jazz I've heard generally all sounds the same to me, but I do get in the occasional moods where I enjoy it.

By 'bop', are you referring to 'pop'? Admittedly, modern pop sucks big-time, but the pop of the 50's-70's was great. Heck, there's even a rare few good pop songs today, though that's going on my definition of pop, which would be anything written to appeal to a wide number of people. Therefore, while I think Britney Spears is pop, I also think some of The Cure is pop, too.

My advice to you is to not completely disregard an entire genre (or, in your case, a half a century of music) based on what you've heard on the radio or whatever. Every genre has something to offer. I speak from experience, I used to hate modern country with a passion, but I've found a few modern country artists (Wilco, The Jayhawks, Whiskeytown, early Ryan Adams) who are really great.

Originally posted by harvey diamond
all of you out there who like rap and bop and this other shit have no ears and are tonedeaf or were born 5 days ago ....jazz was music in the 30s 40s not insults to the ears ...
I'm not sure if you are responding to someone's post about jazz or something, but there's certainly good music out there beyond jazz. Peronsally, I couldn't listen to jazz any more than I could listen to nails on a chalkboard.

Having such a variety of music is good because everyone can get what they want...no need to bash the people who pefer one genre over another.

Originally posted by harvey diamond
:lame2:

You are a foolish man. Listen to whatever makes you happy and stop telling others what idiots they are because they appreciate different types of music.

:finger:"Fuck you I won't do what you tell me!" :rolleyes: :p:
-Rage Against the Machine

Originally posted by nycflasher
You are a foolish man. Listen to whatever makes you happy and stop telling others what idiots they are because they appreciate different types of music.

Amen! :clap:

Forum List

Back