Loughner Spared

We'll be lucky if this abortion of the law isn't attacked a few years down the line and Loughner just walks. All we need is for some Supreme Court someplace to say that a plea taken while the defendant is rendered without free will by drugs that were forced is void. That's all.

Actually, I was thinking that this place would be better if the abortion of a poster (which is you) would just kindly shut the fuck up as well.

But................I guess we can't all have our dreams answered.................you still post here.

Jared Loughner pleads guilty to killing six and wounding 13,
including Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, in a 2011 shooting rampage
in Tucson, Ariz., as part of a deal that will allow him
to avoid the death penalty..............

What a Disgrace.................This pos should be executed ASAP

Um, yeah... that would be years of useless court fights... you can't execute insane people.

This is probably the best outcome...
Texas is executing a man with an IQ below 60 tonight.

Beat me to it.

Um, yeah... that would be years of useless court fights... you can't execute insane people.

This is probably the best outcome...
Texas is executing a man with an IQ below 60 tonight.

Beat me to it.

TRue, they did. BUt despite his low IQ, he had the cunning to plan and execute the murder of a police informant, he was aware of the wrongness of his crime.

He kidnapped and murdered Jerry Williiams, 21.

Now, I think there are good arguments against the Death Penalty. It's too expensive, and there is always the risk you'll get the wrong guy.

But not because "he was too stupid to die".

He lives as long as he is a segregated inmate. In general population he won't make it long at all.

Naaa, murderers are somewhat respected in prison. He will certainly be challenged in genpop, but as long as he holds his own, he'll survive. It's the child molesters and rapists who need to be segregated.

Lefties whine about "gun control" and then they let a murderer cop a plea. They say he will never get out of prison? Yeah right.

We'll be lucky if this abortion of the law isn't attacked a few years down the line and Loughner just walks. All we need is for some Supreme Court someplace to say that a plea taken while the defendant is rendered without free will by drugs that were forced is void. That's all.

Actually, I was thinking that this place would be better if the abortion of a poster (which is you) would just kindly shut the fuck up as well.

But................I guess we can't all have our dreams answered.................you still post here.

You just haven't done anything about it yet! I guess it's time to just call your bluff. I'm positive that if you just exerted yourself a little bit you would easily be able to eliminate me.

Lefties whine about "gun control" and then they let a murderer cop a plea.

"Lefties" let a murderer cop a plea? No, the district attorney let him cop a plea; the US justice system let him cop a plea. Is that a difficult concept to comprehend?

They say he will never get out of prison? Yeah right.

It's called life without the possibility of parole. Is that another concept you have difficulty comprehending?

Lefties whine about "gun control" and then they let a murderer cop a plea.

"Lefties" let a murderer cop a plea? No, the district attorney let him cop a plea; the US justice system let him cop a plea. Is that a difficult concept to comprehend?

They say he will never get out of prison? Yeah right.

It's called life without the possibility of parole. Is that another concept you have difficulty comprehending?

Quick question..............how is it "copping a plea" when you plead guilty? I thought copping a plea was saying you weren't guilty, and letting the lawyers bargain the defendant down to a lesser charge.

Saying you're guilty isn't copping a plea.

I agree with JosefK.

The deal is pretty simple - in exchange for pleading guilty and saving the country the time, money, and dignity that would have been thrown at a "trial", they won't give him the death penalty.

I don't see the problem with that.

The deal is pretty simple - in exchange for pleading guilty and saving the country the time, money, and dignity that would have been thrown at a "trial", they won't give him the death penalty.

It is expedient.

My problem is in taking the plea in the first place. The plea was taken from someone who was rendered senseless by psychotropic drugs that were forced on him.

It does away with the requirement that a plea of guilty be taken from someone knowledgeable and informed.

If we move toward expediency, there really is nothing now to stop the government from tying any defendant down, forcibly shooting them full of drugs and getting them to plead guilty to any charge at all.

It is expedient.

My problem is in taking the plea in the first place. The plea was taken from someone who was rendered senseless by psychotropic drugs that were forced on him.

It does away with the requirement that a plea of guilty be taken from someone knowledgeable and informed.

If we move toward expediency, there really is nothing now to stop the government from tying any defendant down, forcibly shooting them full of drugs and getting them to plead guilty to any charge at all.

What "psychotropic drugs" was he on?

It is expedient.

That works on the assumption that the medical and legal professionals assigned to the case were totally negligent in their duties and said, "Welp, he confessed, good enough for us!"

It is expedient.

What "psychotropic drugs" was he on?

Risperidone and Haloperidol

12 hours of hard labor and 12 hours of solitary confinement a day would do wonders for his psychiatric problems...................

Forum List

Back