Lottery

Mr. P said:
Oh hell, it’s not gambling, it’s a contribution to Education, here in Ga anyway.
I wonder where that money is really going….:)

Oh, it's reserved for education. However, all the other money that's supposed to go for education, that's another story.

Mr. P said:
Oh hell, it’s not gambling, it’s a contribution to Education, here in Ga anyway.
I wonder where that money is really going….:)
It's supposed to go to edu. here in IL too, I don't see it. :dunno:

Kathianne said:
It's supposed to go to edu. here in IL too, I don't see it. :dunno:

It's a simple system. I've seen it tried in Arkansas, but Arkansans, despite a reputation for being uneducated, have a lot of horse sense and tend to catch things like this. When a state passes a lottery to help fund education, the politicians talk about how much more money education will get. What actually happens is that with the lottery funding education, the money that used to go to schools is diverted to vote-buying scams run by the state legislature. That's why Arkansas voted down the lottery by a wide margin.

Hobbit said:
It's a simple system. I've seen it tried in Arkansas, but Arkansans, despite a reputation for being uneducated, have a lot of horse sense and tend to catch things like this. When a state passes a lottery to help fund education, the politicians talk about how much more money education will get. What actually happens is that with the lottery funding education, the money that used to go to schools is diverted to vote-buying scams run by the state legislature. That's why Arkansas voted down the lottery by a wide margin.
Come now. Monies misappropriated in Illinois? No way! Clean as a whistle. :coffee3:

Mr. P said:
I have to admit it is paying the way through college for many kids here.

*I didn't win* Damn!!! :D

I heard you right? You didn't win? Ok, I like you, not love you. :laugh:

New Topics

Forum List

Back