Lott vs. Reid...you decide

txlonghorn

Mar 9, 2009
"When Strom Thurmond ran for president, we voted for him. We're proud of it. And if the rest of the country had followed our lead, we wouldn't have had all these problems over all these years, either." Trent Lott

Reid said in an interview - "the country was ready to embrace a black presidential candidate, especially one such as Obama -- a 'light-skinned' African American 'with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one,' as he said privately. Reid was convinced, in fact, that Obama's race would help him more than hurt him in a bid for the Democratic nomination." 'Game Change' by Harry Reid

Someone PLEASE explain to me how Reid isn't guilty of racism...and then, if you can, prove to me the Lott was.

"When Strom Thurmond ran for president, we voted for him. We're proud of it. And if the rest of the country had followed our lead, we wouldn't have had all these problems over all these years, either." Trent Lott
What problems?

Strom, ran as a race baiting segregationist. Trent Lott, was backing Jim Crow type attitudes. Blaming rights for blacks for Americals problems.

Reid said in an interview - "the country was ready to embrace a black presidential candidate, especially one such as Obama -- a 'light-skinned' African American 'with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one,' as he said privately. Reid was convinced, in fact, that Obama's race would help him more than hurt him in a bid for the Democratic nomination." 'Game Change' by Harry Reid
Reid is stating what makes whites comfortable about blacks in politics in America today..

Someone PLEASE explain to me how Reid isn't guilty of racism...and then, if you can, prove to me the Lott was.
Reid, is speaking to an uncomfortable aspect of race in America.

If we are to ever have a true dialogue, we need to silence the race baiters who are saying Reid's comments were racist.

Racism implies harm. What harm did Reid advocate? What harm would his words, taken in any context, convey?

Trent Lott may or may not like black folks, but the only message one can take away from his comments is one of racism.

Can you explain how LOTT's comments were NOT racist?

Last edited:
hey long horn , do you know how to bury a Texan, pump the shit out of him and bury em in a shoe box

What problems?

Strom, ran as a race baiting segregationist. Trent Lott, was backing Jim Crow type attitudes. Blaming rights for blacks for Americals problems.

Reid is stating what makes whites comfortable about blacks in politics in America today..

If we are to ever have a true dialogue, we need to silence the race baiters who are saying Reid's comments were racist.

Racism implies harm. What harm did Reid advocate? What harm would his words, taken in any context, convey?

Trent Lott may or may not like black folks, but the only message one can take away from his comments is one of racism.

So let me see if I got this right...Lott doesn't use a single racially motivated word like african american or negro and you read all that racial bullshit into the word "problems"?

And then you turn around and interpret Reid's stereotyped statement as a way to make whites more comfortable with blacks in politics? Yet THAT in and of itself is not racist? Come on!!!

The only message that can be taken away from Lott's statement is that a different man in office would have yielded different and better circumstances...

Actually, how racist of you to assume that Lott's usage of "problems" was directed at black folks??? MY GOD! Do you iron your sheet before you put it on? Or do you just go "as is". White and problem free.

And for the record, if Reid was making the reference that you so brilliantly described, then why did he feel it was important to personally apologize to Obama? Only the guilty should apologize. Apparently he knew he was guilty.

hey long horn , do you know how to bury a Texan, pump the shit out of him and bury em in a shoe box

Hilarious...now maybe you can do better than Dev on answering the question. Or are you just here to be a comedian? Oh by the way...keep your day job. Comics are starving to death these days. Not too much to laugh about.

hey horn, they both should go, which they have.nt but after 8 years of Booooooooooooooooooooosh, well you get the picture, TX and credibitlity have went out the window and you know it

it really must hurt that bama put the hurt on ya , but FL or Boise State , underestimated were better than you blowhards

What problems?

Unbelievable. Lott simple said some nice things about a VERY old man on his Birthday to make him feel good. And you dumb asses come away with that shit.

I repeat if some Republican had said what Reid said you and the rest of the Liberal democrats would be howling for his blood. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would be organizing rallies and boycotts. Obama would not be accepting any apology from said Republican. The NAACP would be demanding the Republican be kicked out of office.

One is putting down black people, the other is putting down close minded white people.

it really must hurt that bama put the hurt on ya , but FL or Boise State , underestimated were better than you blowhards

You missed the sports message board. Bama played pretty bad to let a freshman quarterback with less than 15 game snaps almost come back and beat them. It's too bad that Bama didn't get to play Texas' best. The "what if" question will ALWAYS haunt that game.

Now back to politics.

One is putting down black people, the other is putting down close minded white people.

Yet you can not provide a single source to back up your claim Lott was putting down black people at all. You and the press made that up. If I had been Lott I would not have apologized and I would have told all of you to grow the fuck up and mind your own business.

which and why?

Yet you can not provide a single source to back up your claim Lott was putting down black people at all. You and the press made that up. If I had been Lott I would not have apologized and I would have told all of you to grow the fuck up and mind your own business.

The racist is the one who interprets Lott's reference to "problems" as blacks. There's your racist!!!

hey sarg,the head of your party wants him to resign, along with all 40 of your goosestepping senators and a minority of the the house, so tell how many of you fucking red necks are just as guilty of what you accused the libs of?

What problems?

Unbelievable. Lott simple said some nice things about a VERY old man on his Birthday to make him feel good. And you dumb asses come away with that shit.

I repeat if some Republican had said what Reid said you and the rest of the Liberal democrats would be howling for his blood. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would be organizing rallies and boycotts. Obama would not be accepting any apology from said Republican. The NAACP would be demanding the Republican be kicked out of office.

You forgot the part about ACORN getting another BIG financial provision...just for shits and giggles.

well why didn't Trent tell it like was, a 90 year old that was carried in on a stretcher with shitty diapers to cast vote of which he had no fucking clue,he should have been gone in 48 and that's why we need term limits

What kind of a "source" could you possibly be looking for that would make you change your mind?

Other than Thurmond's platform running as a segregationist, of course.

:yawn:

More stupid republicans...

Saying Obama is 'light skinned' with 'no negro dialect' is like saying I'm 'light skinned' with 'no chicano dialect'- a factual observation.

You idiots keeps wasting time with this bullshit and in the meantime we've got 12%of jewelry and trinkets from China that were tested containing 85%+ cadmium, China becoming the world's largest exporter, shit hitting the fan in Yemen...

No wonder this country is failing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harry is a Democrat, Trent is a GoPer.

Anything else you need to know?

BTW, anyone that tries to claim Harry isn't a racist jackass is lying to themselves and us, but feel free to keep making fools of yourselves. :lol:

Forum List

Back