Lott Blames Downfall On Frist

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NATO AIR, Aug 17, 2005.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    i always appreciated lott's POV on issues, even though i rarely agreed with him. he struck me as highly pragmatic, and i think this book will prove that.

2. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I blame left-wingnut, PC witchhunters blowing something out of proportion (go figure) on Lott's downfall. I feel the Republicans should have thrown up the Bullshit Flag and defended him rather than sell out to the whiney-ass Dems.

3. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    i thought he deserved a reprimand, not removal.

however, the gop has its heart set on winning pragmatic, moderate black and latino voters. to do so, they're going to have avoid gaffes that the media can play up into a racial storm.

4. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Well, that's my point. Lott triesd to do the right thing and honor an old man on his way out, and the left pulls out this crap that he supported racism back when my parents were children and twist that into Lott made racist comments. (Where's the BS flag?)

But Robert Byrd is A-OK, USA.

5. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Yep, my eyes have been opened to how the liberal media frames events and debates in this country. Its frightening how much power they wield, even now in an era of blogs and internet mags.... they still have so much power to shape events around their idealogy.

byrd is a "great" american... my ass..

but no matter what they do, we're beating them... we're outsmarting them at every turn... the only thing we're not doing is covering our blind spots (immigration, infrastructure, government pork), and that is where efforts must be focused to come up with solutions that work, before the media shapes the issues and turns them against us in a damaging way.

6. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    The problem is, and is the topic of another thread btw, the right is not capitalizing on what they do good by using their own media outlets to point out the simple stuff.

The sad fact is, there exists almost 50% of our population that blindly beleive whatever the MSM tells them. Conkrite declares we can't win in Vietnam, and I'll be damned if our entire national perception of the war following a battle where we stomped the VC and NVA, does a 180.

Because Walter said so.

7. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    you are right. crawford, we've got a problem.

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    The GOP is missing the PR contest, without a doubt. They have a message, but they do NOT get it out.

9. pegwinn

pegwinn Top of the Food Chain

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +329
    I disagree. I think that any breach of integrity, any ethics violation, is grounds for dismissal (as in removal from office). We don't/won't tolerate that behaviour from our Cops and Teachers willingly. Why do we expect it from our politicians?

My beef is that there isn't a mechanism in place to apply that idea across both houses.

10. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    True, but in this "case", I didn't see any breach of integrity. Now some of Lott's other stunts over the years, i would consider unfit for a man of his office. Praising Strom Thurmond at this centennial does not seem to me to be a breach of integrity, but a dumb move that allows every fringe nut to jump on him for being racist and segregationist, etc etc.