Lots of corrupt cops and most do not get reported

#TheLargerIssue #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

Male police were arrested at a far higher rate than female officers: Almost 95 percent of police crimes were committed by males.

Perhaps female officers experience lower instances of arrest because a majority of female officers are assigned to non-enforcement, administrative police duties?

I am referring to admin police duties that at one time were performed by senior male police officers who PUT THEIR TIME IN ON THE STREET, thereby earning a SAFER, easier police job.

POLICE EDUCATOR TRAINING CHILD ABUSE.jpg

Last edited:
Stinson and his co-authors broke the cases of arrest into five broad categories:

Reading the article I learned the word CORRUPTION does not appear in the article.

Corruption has a specific meaning.

Is a DWI cop corrupt?

What do you want to call it. They are breaking laws they are suppose to protect, I'd call that being corrupt.

“They just do whatever they want to do,” Stinson says, “because law enforcement is exempt from law enforcement.”

Stinson and his co-authors broke the cases of arrest into five broad categories:

Reading the article I learned the word CORRUPTION does not appear in the article.

Is a DWI cop corrupt?
Yes. So are the cops that cover for him.
We had about 5 cases of "Cop gone bad" and of them 2 ended up in court and others quit and went somewhere else and got another job.

Is a DWI cop corrupt?
I read that in the past 6 years that cops have been charged with drug running and sales, killings, gang activity, bribes, border violations, and this is just with the Border patrol. My Dept had only 5 cases of which 4 went to prison.

and there is no Federal data base for corrupt cops.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Male police were arrested at a far higher rate than female officers: Almost 95 percent of police crimes were committed by males.

· sex-related police crime (1,475 arrest cases of 1,070 sworn officers)

· alcohol-related police crime (1,405 arrest cases of 1,283 sworn officers)

· drug-related police crime (739 arrest cases of 665 sworn officers)

· violence-related police crime (3,328 arrest cases of 2,586 sworn officers

· profit-motivated police crime (1,592 cases of 1,396 officers)

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/cops-arrested_us_576c2e13e4b0cedfa4b9470f

And like 85% of the people don't get arrested for crimes they commit so what's your point?

and there is no Federal data base for corrupt cops.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

· sex-related police crime (1,475 arrest cases of 1,070 sworn officers)

· alcohol-related police crime (1,405 arrest cases of 1,283 sworn officers)

· drug-related police crime (739 arrest cases of 665 sworn officers)

· violence-related police crime (3,328 arrest cases of 2,586 sworn officers

· profit-motivated police crime (1,592 cases of 1,396 officers)

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/cops-arrested_us_576c2e13e4b0cedfa4b9470f

I understand that bad cops are real and do commit crimes, and there are many not being reported, it is not as bad as Huffinton thinks it is, since the article has some gaping holes in it that you missed.

From your link:

"The study, believed to be the first of its kind, was conducted by researchers at Bowling Green State University and funded by the National Institute of Justice, which released the report this month. Researchers identified 6,724 cases involving the arrests of 5,545 sworn officers across the nation between 2005 and 2011.

That means that on average, police officers are getting arrested around 1,000 times per year."

Even if it is 50% underreported, it is not that a big number when you consider how many Law Enforcement personnel there are in active service in America was actually much higher than what Huffinton article says (750,000), which is over One MILLION.

Meanwhile they state:

"About 72 percent of arrest cases resulted in convictions, Stinson said."

while that is an impressive rate, 28% were not convicted, which greatly reduces the number of "bad cops" claimed in the study. The high ratio of men to women being arrested is misleading because it doesn't show what their job location is at the time of the arrest, as Women tend to have more of the jobs in the Police stations across America.

From National Law Enforcement Officers

"There are more than 900,000 sworn law enforcement officers now serving in the United States, which is the highest figure ever. About 12 percent of those are female."

What the article completely left out is Stress related lifestyle they are put into and how many gets badly injured or KILLED while on active duty.

• "Crime fighting has taken its toll. Since the first recorded police death in 1791, there have been over 21,000 law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty. Currently, there are 21,541 names engraved on the walls of the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial.

• A total of 1,511 law enforcement officers died in the line of duty during the past 10 years, an average of one death every 58 hours or 151 per year. There were 129 law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty in 2017.

• There have been 58,627 assaults against law enforcement officers in 2016, resulting in 16,677 injuries."

Forum List

Back