Lots of Canadiens want to take back Union Jack Flag

Can Canada and USA be unified into One Country?

Canada and the USA are two big countries adjacent to each other.
There are many similarities between Canada and the USA.
Both countries have the same colonial history.
Both countries have the same culture and language.
Both countries have the same political system and economic system.
Both countries have the same developed and industrialized economy.
Both countries have the same lifestyle.
Both countries are nations composed of descendants of immigrants.
Since there are so many similarities between Canada and the USA, the two countries are adjacent in geography and are so integrated in economy, is it possible for Canada and the USA to be unified into one country?
The idea of unification sounds crazy and unrealistic. Well, a book has been published to explore the possibility of unification between Canada and the USA.
In addition to
unification between Canada and the USA, this book also explores
unification between Mexico and its two small southern neighbors,
unification between Chile and Argentina,
unification between France and the two tiny states along its southern border,
unification between South Africa and Lesotho, and
unification between a few pairs of other small countries.
Search book title “REDRAWING WORLD MAP” in Barnes and Noble, Amazon, GOOGLE, PublishAmerica (book publisher), we can find this book.
Book subtitle is “EXPLORATION OF UNIFICATION BETWEEN COUNTRIES”.
Above short article is copied from facebook. This article has no copyright and can be posted anywhere.

Not a bad idea but I'm not sure how Americans would take to being the 11th province.

Only if Canada adopts the US Bill of Rights including the First and Second Amendments.

Can Canada and USA be unified into One Country?

Canada and the USA are two big countries adjacent to each other.
There are many similarities between Canada and the USA.
Both countries have the same colonial history.
Both countries have the same culture and language.
Both countries have the same political system and economic system.
Both countries have the same developed and industrialized economy.
Both countries have the same lifestyle.
Both countries are nations composed of descendants of immigrants.
Since there are so many similarities between Canada and the USA, the two countries are adjacent in geography and are so integrated in economy, is it possible for Canada and the USA to be unified into one country?
The idea of unification sounds crazy and unrealistic. Well, a book has been published to explore the possibility of unification between Canada and the USA.
In addition to
unification between Canada and the USA, this book also explores
unification between Mexico and its two small southern neighbors,
unification between Chile and Argentina,
unification between France and the two tiny states along its southern border,
unification between South Africa and Lesotho, and
unification between a few pairs of other small countries.
Search book title “REDRAWING WORLD MAP” in Barnes and Noble, Amazon, GOOGLE, PublishAmerica (book publisher), we can find this book.
Book subtitle is “EXPLORATION OF UNIFICATION BETWEEN COUNTRIES”.
Above short article is copied from facebook. This article has no copyright and can be posted anywhere.

Not a bad idea but I'm not sure how Americans would take to being the 11th province.

Only if Canada adopts the US Bill of Rights including the First and Second Amendments.

We already have a Bill of Rights. There are no gun fetish amendments. When you become the 11th province, you'll have to suck that one back, Yankee bitches!

Really, as a Brit I find the Union Flag and God Save the Queen a national embarrassment, great for tourism, trouble is the rest of the world thinks we're stuck in the middle ages.

'
Really, as a Brit I find the Union Flag and God Save the Queen a national embarrassment, great for tourism, trouble is the rest of the world thinks we're stuck in the middle ages.
Oh, I think you are far too modest! (very unamerican!)

I find the second stanza of "God Save the Queen" quite delightful. (Americans can sing it to "My Country 'Tis of Thee", since it is the same tune) :

Oh, Lord, Our God, arise,
Scatter her enemies,
And make them fall !

Confound their politics,
Frustrate their knavish tricks,
In thee our hopes we fix --
God save the queen !

Politics?...Tricks?...Fix?....

Bless the English for understanding the True Nature of government, and having the guts to state the truth baldly in their national anthem!!

It is a masterpiece of the inimitable, wonderful English [not British!] sense of humour -- an attitude to life which is a genuine, lasting contribution to world civilization, far more important than the transitory British and American empires! · · :bow2:

'
The US flag is a somewhat klutsy, ho-hum mid-range flag -- too orthogonal and too complicated, though the colors are good. The Canadian flag has the virtue of being simple, and looking good in a breeze. My favorite flags are the Union Jack and the state flag of Alaska. As a flat flag, the Alaskan one is superb, dark blue with the Big Dipper and Polaris, very simple and instantly recognizable. But waving in a breeze, no flag can match the Union Jack -- the colors are good, but what really makes it great are the combination of horizontal, vertical and diagonal elements! It is its diagonal stripes that make it extra-special waving in a breeze -- remember decades ago, the introduction to Masterpiece Theater on television? Superb!!

What appeals to me about the Canadian Maple Leaf flag is its wry humour -- so superior to the superstitious and even First Commandment-violation idolatry of so much American flag silliness.

Just think! Every autumn, virtually all Canadians, billions of times, gaily crush under foot their national symbol !! · · :D

There is no better way, in my opinion, to understand the difference between the Canadian national character and the American, than to imagine crushing lots of little American flags under foot as you walk down the street !

Last edited:

Forum List

Back