Lost more ground to living expenses versus pay

I just got the news. My rent and part of my Utilities are going up another 30 bucks as of the first of the year. Meanwhile, my heating bill has been going up slowly. My Insurance for my vehicle has gone up. Food prices have gone up and continue to rise. All in all, the total adjustment will be in the excess of over 100 bucks. And then it also bumps me into a higher tax bracket as well.

That means that the COLA of 48 bucks a month doesn't cover the increases once again. Okay, I can afford it. But let's look at the ones on just SSI.

With the Rent and Utilities going up that 30 bucks for a total of 405 bucks for a long term RV Space the size of a postage stamp, versus a 1200 buck SSI check max down to 667 bucks on the low side, add in the other costs, where does that leave the people unable to work due to age and injuries. These people paid into SSI and Medicare their whole adult lives. And they are finding out the programs they were depending on are either being short changed or cut out completely. Now they are being told that they are freeloaders and shunned by one group of people. Guess what, most of these people did the shunning themselves. The Food Banks, Free Lunch Programs, used clothing programs and more from the community is drying up slowly.

There are many "Welfare" programs that they can utilize including housing but those are on the chopping blocks as well. You won't see them on here complaining about it. They can't afford a computer, much less internet access. Most only use throw away 19.95 phones with no internet access. Their life is difficult to say the least. But some want to make it even worse and are in the process of doing just that.

I have been slipping for a couple decades from Middle Class to lower middle class with no change in my financial status. But these folks have gone from poor to poverty with no change in their financial status.

Those throw away phones get WIFi

And where do you go to get that WIFI if you can't afford that convoluted coffee at the coffee shop? Most 19.95 plans don't include Internet so you have to use a hotspot to have WIFI. And, trust me, when you have a business offering WIFI, the last thing you want is a bunch of poor people taking up space sucking up your WIFI instead of paying customers.

This is what I was talking about. . the poor being dumb.

Save your money, and put down a $120 for a year plan on a disposable for a year plan. That comes to less than $10 a month. That can be used anywhere. Make sure you roll it over every year to save your minutes. My phone has over 6000 minutes on it. I never use them all up.

If you are below a certain income and budget constraints, you can get a free landline and internet.
Lifeline Program for Low-Income Consumers

Again, poor people are just DUMB.

. . and TracPhones includes service. Access the Web at home with a PC, not a phone, that is too expensive and dumb.

I just got the news. My rent and part of my Utilities are going up another 30 bucks as of the first of the year. Meanwhile, my heating bill has been going up slowly. My Insurance for my vehicle has gone up. Food prices have gone up and continue to rise. All in all, the total adjustment will be in the excess of over 100 bucks. And then it also bumps me into a higher tax bracket as well.

That means that the COLA of 48 bucks a month doesn't cover the increases once again. Okay, I can afford it. But let's look at the ones on just SSI.

With the Rent and Utilities going up that 30 bucks for a total of 405 bucks for a long term RV Space the size of a postage stamp, versus a 1200 buck SSI check max down to 667 bucks on the low side, add in the other costs, where does that leave the people unable to work due to age and injuries. These people paid into SSI and Medicare their whole adult lives. And they are finding out the programs they were depending on are either being short changed or cut out completely. Now they are being told that they are freeloaders and shunned by one group of people. Guess what, most of these people did the shunning themselves. The Food Banks, Free Lunch Programs, used clothing programs and more from the community is drying up slowly.

There are many "Welfare" programs that they can utilize including housing but those are on the chopping blocks as well. You won't see them on here complaining about it. They can't afford a computer, much less internet access. Most only use throw away 19.95 phones with no internet access. Their life is difficult to say the least. But some want to make it even worse and are in the process of doing just that.

I have been slipping for a couple decades from Middle Class to lower middle class with no change in my financial status. But these folks have gone from poor to poverty with no change in their financial status.

And where do you go to get that WIFI if you can't afford that convoluted coffee at the coffee shop? Most 19.95 plans don't include Internet so you have to use a hotspot to have WIFI. And, trust me, when you have a business offering WIFI, the last thing you want is a bunch of poor people taking up space sucking up your WIFI instead of paying customers.

I dont know where you live but its everywhere where I have been, library, local towns, McDonald's, shell gas stations, Walmarts, grocery stores etc..etc...(South Carolina, Wyoming, Colorado, idaho , Oregon I have been the past year and a half)

you try and make the rich not so rich, which results in harm to the middle class.

Punish the industrious to reward the lazy. Dem vote harvesting 101.

I saw a study where they asked people if a tax break meant their next door neighbor made 25,000 dollars more, and they made 1,000 more (or something in that range) would they want the tax break. The overwhelming response was no. They couldn't stand that someone would do much better than them, even though they would get more of their own money back too.

Mind boggling.

Unbelievable.... yeah that's what I thought though, for some reason they are happy knowing their neighbor is taxed more ( and they know they are not getting anything out of it, they want people as miserable as them.

Save your money, and put down a $120 for a year plan on a disposable for a year plan. That comes to less than $10 a month. That can be used anywhere. Make sure you roll it over every year to save your minutes. My phone has over 6000 minutes on it. I never use them all up.

If you are below a certain income and budget constraints, you can get a free landline and internet.

And if you have zero disposable income then what? Many don't.

Stop buying cigarettes and beer.

Can't blame that on Trump-we had no COLA's under Obama and just started under Trump.
One year of no COLA the rest were Sprite, or low expectations of a COLA....

I dont know where you live but its everywhere where I have been, library, local towns, McDonald's, shell gas stations, Walmarts, grocery stores etc..etc...(South Carolina, Wyoming, Colorado, idaho , Oregon I have been the past year and a half)

Sure, just start hanging around spending a couple or three hours doing nothing but surf the internet and see what happens. And you are going to have to recharge your phone while you are there. I know for a fact that Walmart will not allow you to recharge your phone in the store. The places you mention will make you feel unwelcome after awhile especially when you turn up day after day. I remember when Walmart temporarily removed their benches to discrourage the senors from visiting. And McDonalds has a 30 minute visit rate. They don't enforce it very often but if you are taking advantage of their WIFI and not able to afford to buy something you will be talked to.

How else do you attract them divorcees?

Now you are dictating another person's life, right? Tell you what, I'll be right over to tell you what you can buy and do. It seems only fair.

Sure, just start hanging around spending a couple or three hours doing nothing but surf the internet and see what happens. And you are going to have to recharge your phone while you are there. I know for a fact that Walmart will not allow you to recharge your phone in the store. The places you mention will make you feel unwelcome after awhile especially when you turn up day after day. I remember when Walmart temporarily removed their benches to discrourage the senors from visiting. And McDonalds has a 30 minute visit rate. They don't enforce it very often but if you are taking advantage of their WIFI and not able to afford to buy something you will be talked to.
I was forced out of work by becoming unable to walk much, so yes I have to sit most of the day away...

I was forced out of work by becoming unable to walk much, so yes I have to sit most of the day away...

The according to some in here, that was a life choice and you shouldn't be afforded any government assistance including SSI that you paid into all those years. I don't care if it's your money. It's not now. It now belongs to some rich guys gold course somewhere.

The according to some in here, that was a life choice and you shouldn't be afforded any government assistance including SSI that you paid into all those years. I don't care if it's your money. It's not now. It now belongs to some rich guys gold course somewhere.
They can suck dirt I am the king of getting the govt. to pay my way in life, hell, that is what it is there for, to be used by those that don't mind the paperwork..

I ran away from the world a long time ago Daryl, to me humanity is a loosing proposition, we could care less about each other.

Further, i came to this conclusion after 3 decades in the emergency services

Age in America simply means you are prey

B*tch, and you'll be blamed for you're demise

I've given a lot in life up because of this belief , i exist on the outskirts ,am as self sufficient as can be, but you see ...there is no escape

welcome to the road to perdition

~S~

Now you are dictating another person's life, right? Tell you what, I'll be right over to tell you what you can buy and do. It seems only fair.
I'm not dictating anything.

I have lived around and in the upper and middle classes, and I have lived among the poorest of the poor. I know both very well.

I know what "disposable income," is, and what the poor do with their money when they get it, and what the well off do with theirs. You can't bullshit me.

It is about choices. Poor folks make bad choices. If you choose to smoke or have a nicotine habit that drains 20+ dollars out of your budget every week, if you have a drinking habit that drains 20-40 more a week out? That is something you just cannot afford to do until you have paid up all of your bills. . . otherwise, you will be doing the "juggle," and if you are poor, you know what bill juggling is. THAT IS DUMB!!!!

The middle class and upper class pay bills on time, as much as they can, and in advance. This makes bills smaller, and eliminates all late fees and interest payments.

I do this as well.

I live in a neighborhood of extreme poverty, I have the same economic and health problems as my neighbors. . .but I was raised and educated differently. I do not feel entitled to a middle class life style, therefor, I DO NOT STRUGGLE. I am aware how poor I am, therefor I manage my finances accordingly. No smokes, no drugs, no booze, no scratchers, no lotto, no movies, no shopping, no gambling, no vacations, no cable, no satellite, no loans, no credit cards, no mortgage, no car note, no nothing. Got it?

I do however. . . have a library card. :auiqs.jpg:

iu

?

I used Walmart's outlets a bunch of times to charge my new phones and surf the internet

And towns have them OUTSIDE. With miles radius. I know for a fact Seneca South Carolina and Casper Wyoming does because I used it

Face it you never tried it or really know how much free coverage their is, I never have my data on when I am in public I always use WIFI.

Forum List

Back