Lost in Washington, DC

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
I have been visiting with my parents the past month, I got home this week...

The hubby and I drove home....long story, Dad gave me his car cuz he wants a newer one and who am I to complain about the gift? :) So the hubby flew in this week to Florida and made the 3 day drive home with me...

The trip was fabulous, outside of getting lost in DC for 2 hours...

Driving up to it, "look, there's the Washington Monument and Capitol ....."

then 15 minutes later only closer up, "Look, there is the Washington Monument and Rotunda....."

then 30 minutes after that, and even closer to it, "Look, there is the Washington monument and Pentegon....."

Then an hour after that, closer to it than ever!

WHAT A MESSED UP SPAGHETTI BOWL OF A HIGHWAY SYSTEM!

It was ALL under construction, NOT signed properly and we kept going around in circles, and not one highway the same.....

the whole experience made me think of how messed up DC truly is...inside the Beltway really is.....

I got some great pics of site seeing spots though....closer and closer each round around the city on the different highways while we were trying to find 95.....

DSCF6131.JPG

DSCF6134.JPG

DSCF6136.JPG

DSCF6139.JPG

DSCF6140.JPG

DSCF6141.JPG

DSCF6143.JPG

DSCF6144.JPG

Best Prices on Gasoline up the east Coast was New Jersey.....it was $3.43....virginia was 3.46....not bad at all compared to North Carolina $3.86 florida was 3.59 the day we left....when i had gotten there it was only 3.50 a gal....but it rose while there....

Here in Maine it was about $3.83

Forum List

Back