Lost -- 2/23/10

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
Anyone notice who played Jack's mom last night? Veronica Hamel (Joyce Davenport from Hill Street Blues).

To steal Crusader Frank's line, what the fucking fuck happened to her?? :eek: :eek: :eek: Seriously, I think wrinkles look better.

VeronicaHamel.jpg
250px-40946_1_123_144lo.jpg

Anyone notice who played Jack's mom last night? Veronica Hamel (Joyce Davenport from Hill Street Blues).

To steal Crusader Frank's line, what the fucking fuck happened to her?? :eek: :eek: :eek: Seriously, I think wrinkles look better.

VeronicaHamel.jpg
250px-40946_1_123_144lo.jpg

All soap operas just change the actors without notice.

Shh! I still haven't seen the last episode. D:

NOTHING happens, not one thing. It was like watching an episode of Seinfeld, they all just sat around discussing the minutia of button holes. :D

Don't forget at the end, when Charlie Salinger from Party of Five wakes up in a cold sweat after having an elaborate dream that he was named Jack Shepard and was trapped on an island.

Shh! I still haven't seen the last episode. D:

NOTHING happens, not one thing. It was like watching an episode of Seinfeld, they all just sat around discussing the minutia of button holes. :D

Don't forget at the end, when Charlie Salinger from Party of Five wakes up in a cold sweat after having an elaborate dream that he was named Jack Shepard and was trapped on an island.

I thought he woke up next to Suzanne Pleshette?

The Island aged her THAT much? That's a nasty Island. I may have to rent the last 17 years of Lost.

Has the fat kid lost any weight at all? I mean I can't believe he's sustained that weight on a diet of beetle grubs and termites

Lost -- 2/23/10

And what's up with Jack's son David? Who's the Mom? We've got two realities happening simultaneously and they'll have to somehow merge at the end. I'm hopeful the ending will be totally awesome.

But do you notice that whenever something in the 'real world' reality happens (like Jack asking about his appendix) there is confusion on their faces as if . . . they can't quite place it but there is something nagging them, in the back of their mind and they just can't quite put their finger on it or remember . . but it's there as if it happened. Hmmmm.

I can't figure out if it's two realities happening at the same time or the 'real world reality' is what their life would have been like if the plane never crashed (that's what I think but who knows). Also notice that in the real world reality that they meet those who they met when the plane crashed -- Hurley met Locke; Jack met Desmond; Locke met Ben, etc. Destiny.

Locke (now the smoke monster) represents evil/Satan; Jacob (dead but appearing to people) represents good/God. They are drawing sides for the ultimate good vs. evil battle (Stephen King's The Stand anyone?). Locke already has Claire and Sawyer; Jacob has Hurley and is recruiting Jack. Jack asks "why, what does he (Jacob) want"? Jack, man of science, is asked to do Jacob's bidding based on faith.

Ok, at least that's my theory today.

Last edited:
I know a guy who's cousin is a key grip on Lost and he said this is all Hurley's dream.

Sorry to spoil it guys. :)

I can't figure out if it's two realities happening at the same time or the 'real world reality' is what their life would have been like if the plane never crashed (that's what I think but who knows). Also notice that in the real world reality that they meet those who they met when the plane crashed -- Hurley met Locke; Jack met Desmond; Locke met Ben, etc. Destiny.

I definitely think we're looking at an alternate reality a la Gregory Benford's 1980 book Timescape.

Timescape - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's a classic paradox...the survivors of flight 815 can't stop "the anomalous event" in 1977 unless they crash on the island...and if they stop "the event" they don't crash on the island to stop "the event".

In Benford's book, this Grandfather Paradox creates an alternate reality. It's a fantastic book BTW, if you're a sci-fi aficionado.

Here is the link to the scientific theory from Wikipedia:

Grandfather paradox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, I do have entirely too much time on my hands. :D

Last edited:

Forum List

Back