Losing Respect for McCain

SwingVoter

VIP Member
Aug 30, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona
Never was a big fan of his I-don't-get-economics-so-let's-talk-Iraq politics, but I always had a lot of respect for Mac as a person. But after he took a holier than thou approach to the Jeremiah Wright issue in the primaries, he looks ridiculous making an issue of Bill Ayers. Even worse, is the shady "I don't care that he's an unrepentant terrorist" line. It's one thing to go down in dignity like Goldwater did in '64, but Mac's going down and trading in his principles while doing so.

Never was a big fan of his I-don't-get-economics-so-let's-talk-Iraq politics, but I always had a lot of respect for Mac as a person. But after he took a holier than thou approach to the Jeremiah Wright issue in the primaries, he looks ridiculous making an issue of Bill Ayers. Even worse, is the shady "I don't care that he's an unrepentant terrorist" line. It's one thing to go down in dignity like Goldwater did in '64, but Mac's going down and trading in his principles while doing so.

So what you are saying is that you prefer anything questionable about Obama is better swept under the rug than ripped to shreds, 6,000 posts saying the same thing started on it, and every step viewed through a microscope like the left does to Republicans?

Gosh ... I'm s-o-o-o surprised.:eusa_hand:

You're not alone. I've read several posts from people who once had a great respect for McCain, but now find themselves very disappointed. Maybe the next song he uses without permission should be the Beatles' "Don't let me down"

So what you are saying is that you prefer anything questionable about Obama is better swept under the rug than ripped to shreds, 6,000 posts saying the same thing started on it, and every step viewed through a microscope like the left does to Republicans?

I think he was pointing out the hypocrisy of taking the high road, and taking it very publicly, on the Jeremiah Wright issue earlier, but seeming to take the values he attempted to demonstrate by doing so and throwing them out the window when he's down. I may be wrong, but swingvoter may be more bothered by the inconsistency and appearance of ambition over priniciple McCain has been demonstrating. You can bring up issues, but be consistent.

When McCain started pandering to religious wankers was when I realized that this guy would do whatever it took to win the election.

I wouldn't have voted for him, anyway, but I did have some respect for him up to that point.

Actions are worth a thousand words....

Ayers has repented, he hasn't repeated his sin....that is called repentance.

yes, he might have mouthed something about doing something....but he didn't.

He holds a good job within a university, he had not committed any crimes since that unsettling era....

I don't see one thing wrong with Obama working with the man on a project that was for the "good"? If he had tied up with ayers on some illegal thing then Obama should be blasted or even arrested if it were illegal...

I have a sister in law, who is a drug addict, (illegal) and a prostitute, (illegal) and whenever we can find her, I try to spend as much time as I can with her and try to let her know, that her "sins" or her tresspasses or her crimes... can be forgiven....and that she is loved, regardless of her past.

I am attracted to derelicts...:lol: in hope that I can help get them out of their ruts. Christ hung out with the sinners, not the righteous.

As a Christian, we are to forgive as we would hope to be forgiven for our own dirty laundry....I know my own skeletons, and certainly know there is much to be forgiven....

I'm sorry I went off on that religious rant....but it is a part of me, so i felt it had to be said....and it explains how I get to my point of view on Ayers and Obama....

As far as McCain....he isn't forgiving the tresspasses of others, so his own tresspasses won't be forgiven him. (his adultery, his coldness to a sick wife, his dirty mouth and anger, his relationship with a convicted felon mr keating)Yes, I lost some respect for him through this presidential campaign....and have seen a side of him, that i did not even know was there..... :(

I still haven't registered to vote up here in Maine....I might have even missed the cut off, but i am not sure? But if I do register up here and can vote during this election, barring nothing else new that might disappoint me on Obama, I probably will pull the lever for him....

I really am not that crazy over him....felt he was too young, though very intelligent and a quick learner....I just have never liked the cockyness that i see in him too...that all my old Democratic friends seem to miss altogether???

What I know, is that i do NOT want Mccain in there as president and all the people the new president nominates for the various Secretary/Advisory positions to be of the same party and mind think of the President that we just lived thru....8 years of pure hell, is enough for me!!!!

care

No, everything left isn't swept under the rug and only the repubs are attacked.

The press is ignoring Palin's husband's 7 years in the AIP. It ignores her addresses and welcoming a party that wants to secede from the US. They are barely covering the "kill him" shit Sarah is inciting.

It keeps addressing the "past" association with Ayers as relevant. McCain latest add actually calls him a "top" Obama adviser. That is a complete lie and even the right knows that.

He says nothing about his financial advisor Gramm who said this was a mental recession and we were whiners. Gramm is still with McLiar.

Notice that Obama and Biden are appearing on their own. What is John's problem that he has to have Sarah there to bolster him?

Joe Scarborough, who I don't agree with, is about as right as you can get on main stream media. He called McCain for what he was. He is a maverick that stays withing the establishment box when he mavericks.

McCain is still talking Bush economics and saying he is for change.

Sorry, but the man who was a POW, and the man who ran in 2000 is no longer the McCain who is running today.

So what you are saying is that you prefer anything questionable about Obama is better swept under the rug than ripped to shreds,

no, what I'm saying is if you criticize people for bringing up Jeremiah Wright in the Spring, but then start bringing up William Ayers in the Fall, you look desperate

Gosh ... I'm s-o-o-o surprised.:eusa_hand:

Me too, I never saw that coming from you Gunster :lol:

Forum List

Back