Losing my Religion

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Did anybody else walk away?

I was fundamentalist for about 25 years. I don't go to church anymore, but I am still a woman of faith.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if-UzXIQ5vw]R.E.M. - Losing My Religion (Video) - YouTube[/ame]

True that was a major conflict with me as well, the bible did not agree much with the religion/church.
Or the people's actions that claimed to be devout christians.

Like the nuke em all and let god sort em out rhetoric of the religious right after 9-11. referring to Iraq who had nothing to do with 9-11.

Last edited:
Yes.

I was a non-practicing Protestant for a good part of my life.

Are you still a person of faith, or did you walk away from your belief system as well?

My thinking has changed so much since I was in that system, even though I was asking a lot of questions while I was in it, as well.

Yes.

I was a non-practicing Protestant for a good part of my life.

Are you still a person of faith, or did you walk away from your belief system as well?

My thinking has changed so much since I was in that system, even though I was asking a lot of questions while I was in it, as well.

I'm a naturalist, I believe the only governance of nature, and everything in the Universe is that of natural, and physical laws. I do however, revere life as a powerful force. I find a certain peace and contentment in nature that I feel is 'holier', and more perfect than anything in a church.

Once I become older and my testosterone-level sinks I plan to become religious and review my actions based on scripture.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
What changed you BD?

Too much shooting the wounded. Too much finding fault, pointing fingers, laying blame. Too heavy of burdens. Straining at gnats, and swallowing camels.

Too much hate

Too much judging, and gloating at the thought of people going to hell.

I'm so happy that you left all that behind.

Me too. Of course, it involved leaving some portion of my family behind as well, but toxic is toxic.

Forum List

Back