Losing it in iraq, afghanistan, somalia, yemen, syria ***

shock

Rookie
Apr 9, 2009
LOSING ITIN IRAQ, AFGHANISTAN, SOMALIA, YEMEN, SYRIA***
https://www.commondreams.org/view/2012/10/25-...

America's Failed Formula for Worldwide War
How the Empire Changed Its Face, But Not Its Nature
by Nick Turse

"***
Since 2001, the U.S. military has thrown everything in its arsenal, short of nuclear weapons, including untold billions of dollars in weaponry, technology, bribes, you name it, at a remarkably weak set of enemies -- relatively small groups of poorly-armed fighters in impoverished nations like Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, and Yemen -- while decisively defeating none of them. ***

It spends billions on intelligence only to routinely find itself in the dark. ***

And that isn’t the half of it.

The U.S. military devours money and yet delivers little in the way of victories

***"
======================================================================

We haven't won a war since WW II
and we wouldn't have won then
had it not been for Russia.

And though we have been at war since Bush II
we haven't lost as many people in all our wars since then
as were lost in a a single "over the top" attack of WW I ---
or as we lost in a reconnaisance in force
during WW II..

As my old WW II buddy, Chuck Poulton, might say:

"The stranger it gets the longer it takes.."

SHOCKLEY

(but hey, what can you expect when we are led by Axelrod, Obama, Petraeus, Panetta, Clinton, Rice, Powers, & Company and their Dualy controllers.)

Sorry bout that,

1. Yeah way back before Bush sent troops on the ground, I was saying no, *just bomb the fuckers*.
2. Never should we have *gone in*.
3. ****FUCKING NEVER***** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. We should of bombed them bastards to the fucking *stone age* well a little further back than that seeing they never left it.
5. Should of bombed them back to the *cave man* era.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. Yeah way back before Bush sent troops on the ground, I was saying no, *just bomb the fuckers*.
4. We should of bombed them bastards to the fucking *stone age* well a little further back than that seeing they never left it.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

How can you bomb Afghanistan or Somalia back to the "stone age" when they're already there?

LOSING ITIN IRAQ, AFGHANISTAN, SOMALIA, YEMEN, SYRIA***
https://www.commondreams.org/view/2012/10/25-...

America's Failed Formula for Worldwide War
How the Empire Changed Its Face, But Not Its Nature
by Nick Turse

"***
Since 2001, the U.S. military has thrown everything in its arsenal, short of nuclear weapons, including untold billions of dollars in weaponry, technology, bribes, you name it, at a remarkably weak set of enemies -- relatively small groups of poorly-armed fighters in impoverished nations like Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, and Yemen -- while decisively defeating none of them. ***

It spends billions on intelligence only to routinely find itself in the dark. ***

And that isn’t the half of it.

The U.S. military devours money and yet delivers little in the way of victories

***"
======================================================================

We haven't won a war since WW II
and we wouldn't have won then
had it not been for Russia.

And though we have been at war since Bush II
we haven't lost as many people in all our wars since then
as were lost in a a single "over the top" attack of WW I ---
or as we lost in a reconnaisance in force
during WW II..

As my old WW II buddy, Chuck Poulton, might say:

"The stranger it gets the longer it takes.."

SHOCKLEY

(but hey, what can you expect when we are led by Axelrod, Obama, Petraeus, Panetta, Clinton, Rice, Powers, & Company and their Dualy controllers.)

I have mixed feelings. My grandfather served during World War II. Only recently has he shared some of the gritty details. The mechanics of that war remain unbelievable and my respect for its veterans is neverending. I served from the early to late nineties. A best friend of mine served during the post 9/11 era during some of the heaviest combat in Iraq. Empire or not, from my point of view I will always see the world through the eyes of a soldier. Definitely a from the mud up perspective. Necessary or not, I will always respect fellow soldiers who have deployed around the world, whether U.S. physical security was or was not threatened. At the end of the day no global military power wins every fight. Was every fight worth it? I'd have to ask a veteran of the conflict in question.

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

How can you bomb Afghanistan or Somalia back to the "stone age" when they're already there?

I've often wanted to be bombed back to the iron age. Swords, shields a place in a phalanx. Well, not really.:eusa_silenced:

New Topics

Forum List

Back