Losing 200,000 jobs is OK?

Flopper

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2010
Washington
In a Feb. 15, 2011, press conference, House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, said that "over the last two years since President Barack Obama has taken office, the federal government has added 200,000 new federal jobs. And if some of those jobs are lost in this, so be it. We're broke. It's time for us to get serious about how we're spending the nation's money."

PolitiFact | John Boehner says 200,000 new federal jobs have sprouted since start of Obama's term

I thought the idea was to increase the number of jobs as you come out of a recession not cut them.

Actually the number is 58,000 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, but 200,000 sounds more dramatic.

The government has to be run like a business. If it doesn't have the money, then it has to let some people go. (Preferably starting with the bosses)

The reason why your food, gas , and clothing prices are up is because the dickheads running the government are NOT running it like a business.

The government has to be run like a business. If it doesn't have the money, then it has to let some people go. (Preferably starting with the bosses)

The reason why your food, gas , and clothing prices are up is because the dickheads running the government are NOT running it like a business.

The dickheads running government caused a drought in Mexico (food), turmoil in the middle east (gas) and a spike in cotton prices (clothes)?

Exactly, the problem was increasing government jobs by 200,000 with no way to pay them. We HAVE to cut federal spending. And if we have to suffer for a while then so be it. As of right now we don't even come close to living what the people in the Depression lived through, so I think we're alright. I'd rather live a little tight for a while than have my kids being owned by China and having to pay HUGE tax rates because our government didn't know how to keep it's fiscal dick in its pants.

The dickheads running government caused a drought in Mexico (food), turmoil in the middle east (gas) and a spike in cotton prices (clothes)?

I am referring to inflation caused by the printing of a fiat currency to make up for budget deficits. Those things you mention don't help much but commodities have been increasing dramatically.

Maybe you should petition congress to give more subsidies. That always seems to work :cuckoo:

Lordy. Well said. Add to that the near wipeout by floods of agriculture in Pakistan, the #4 producer of cotton in the world, the drought in Eastern Europe that wiped out 40% of Russian grain production and 10% of the EU's. Then add the flood in Australia, wheat, suger, bananas, and a third of the world's coking coal. A number of other precipitation events in China, Tennessee, and Sri Lanka. Now the Mid East is aflame, finally, and other nations in the world that have oppressive governments have their citizen looking at what has happened in Egypt and Tunisia.

And this dingleberry blames our government for all of this. :lol:

I am referring to inflation caused by the printing of a fiat currency to make up for budget deficits. Those things you mention don't help much but commodities have been increasing dramatically.

Maybe you should petition congress to give more subsidies. That always seems to work :cuckoo:

Maybe you should wake up to the fact that there is a physical world out there. One that has stronger and more permanent effects than the partisan political one you inhabit.

In a Feb. 15, 2011, press conference, House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, said that "over the last two years since President Barack Obama has taken office, the federal government has added 200,000 new federal jobs. And if some of those jobs are lost in this, so be it. We're broke. It's time for us to get serious about how we're spending the nation's money."

Oh imagine that! After 8 years of Retards & 2 years of Dummies, NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN it is time to get serious. That must be the Retard signal to cons to start hiring and investing the Trillion they have been setting on.

Exactly, the problem was increasing government jobs by 200,000 with no way to pay them. We HAVE to cut federal spending. And if we have to suffer for a while then so be it. As of right now we don't even come close to living what the people in the Depression lived through, so I think we're alright. I'd rather live a little tight for a while than have my kids being owned by China and having to pay HUGE tax rates because our government didn't know how to keep it's fiscal dick in its pants.

OK. Let us defund the biggest single payroll in the government. All you Marines, soldiers, airman, and sailors go home now. We are going to save a bunch of money.

The inflation from printing money requires an equal willingness to enter that money into circulation, something that has not happened to any significant extent.

What in the wide world of sports are you talking about?

Lordy. Well said. Add to that the near wipeout by floods of agriculture in Pakistan, the #4 producer of cotton in the world, the drought in Eastern Europe that wiped out 40% of Russian grain production and 10% of the EU's. Then add the flood in Australia, wheat, suger, bananas, and a third of the world's coking coal. A number of other precipitation events in China, Tennessee, and Sri Lanka. Now the Mid East is aflame, finally, and other nations in the world that have oppressive governments have their citizen looking at what has happened in Egypt and Tunisia.

And this dingleberry blames our government for all of this. :lol:

After all the dick head Retards who rejected global warming which is causing all the calamities to occur. Pay backs are a bitch!!:fu:

Are you guys telling me that the reason so many prices are increasing is because of weather and turmoil in the middle east?

News Flash!! The weather is always fucked up

News Flash!! The middle east is always in turmoil.

And just wait for that money to end up in circulation.

I don't get it. We warn about rising prices and inflation and when it happens you guys blame something else???

Maybe you should wake up to the fact that there is a physical world out there. One that has stronger and more permanent effects than the partisan political one you inhabit.

Spare me the bullshit "partisan" label. I was against Bush and all his corrupt games just as much as I am against Obama's corrupt games.

I don't see things in republican and democrat. I see them in right and wrong.

Those 200,000 government jobs are a drag on the economy. Why doesn't the federal government just hire all laid off workers.:cuckoo: We need to cut the size of government. we could make up many times that number of jobs in the private sector if we would expand energy production and exploration in this country. California alone could make billions if offshore drilling were allowed.

OK. Let us defund the biggest single payroll in the government. All you Marines, soldiers, airman, and sailors go home now. We are going to save a bunch of money.

I'm all for that as well. There is no need to pay for the defense of Europe, Asia, AND ISRAEL!!

I have said it multiple times on this board that I believe the "defense" spending will destroy this nation just as much as its entitlement spending.

PolitiFact | John Boehner says 200,000 new federal jobs have sprouted since start of Obama's term

I thought the idea was to increase the number of jobs as you come out of a recession not cut them.

Actually the number is 58,000 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, but 200,000 sounds more dramatic.

Depends on whether you are a Democrat or Republican.

If you are a democrat and lose 200,000 jobs and have 10% unemployment, Even after messing with the numbers to make em look better. You are doing OK

If you are a republican and add 100,000 jobs with 5% unemployment. You are overseeing a disaster.

You need to learn to interpret Liberal Logic.

Are you guys telling me that the reason so many prices are increasing is because of weather and turmoil in the middle east?

yes! that, and a recovering economy where producers finally feel as if they can pass on some of the increases in PPI.

News Flash!! The weather is always fucked up

News Flash!! The middle east is always in turmoil.

newsflash! There is always a commodity experiencing increased prices! That's not inflation. Are you telling me the worldwide price of copper has increased because the value of one nation's currency has decreased? Why would people in Ireland have to pay more for copper because the US debased its currency?

I don't get it. We warn about rising prices and inflation and when it happens you guys blame something else???

YOu need to separate rising prices and inflation. Right now we're experiencing rising prices. our inflation is so low as to be problematic.

Last edited:
You don't get it because for you the only thing that matters is politics of governments. No, we have not had weather as messed up as this before, hitting major agriculteral area.

YOu need to separate rising prices and inflation. Right now we're experiencing rising prices. our inflation is so low as to be problematic.

Are you referring to the government's figure of inflation? You know, the one that DOESN'T include food and energy prices.

Are you referring to the government's figure of inflation? You know, the one that DOESN'T include food and energy prices.

The government's figure DOES include food and energy prices. They also produce one that does not include food and energy. But if you get your economics knowledge from rightwing radio you might not know this.

There's a good reason to produce both reports, and to use one that doesn't include volatiles as a measure of long term changes.

Forum List

Back