Los Angeles Un-American Mayor

Merlin

Jul 5, 2004
Ponchatoula, La.
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/5/27/02810.shtml
Take a peek at the new L.A. mayor has to say.

Friday, May 27, 2005 12:25 a.m. EDT
L.A. Mayor: Mexico Will Shape My Policies

Los Angeles Mayor-elect Antonio Villaraigosa said Wednesday that Mexico will play an important role in shaping his policies, reports Mexico's El Universal Online.

"We are starting a new era. Instead of closing the borders, as stated by Schwarzenegger, we should look at our border as an opportunity," Villaraigosa said. "This is a time of great importance, not just for us to rediscover our roots, but looking to create a mutually beneficial relationship," added the city's first Latino mayor since 1872.
The top L.A. Democrat lamented that the recent passage by Congress of The Real ID Act, if signed into law, would prevent illegal aliens from getting driver's licenses.

"Politicians in the United States need to understand that immigrants come here for the same reason that immigrants have always come: to work," Villaraigosa told El Universal. "Instead of punishing and demonizing them, we should try to integrate them."

There's more to the article in the link.

Good thing he has zero power outside of LA. How the hell will Mexico shape his policy? Will he have the LAPD set up dope rings? Will he lessen or commune sentences of drug dealers who pay off his administration?

Is anyone on this board FOR giving illegal immigrants driver's licenses or legalized forms of ID (like a state ID card)?

If so, can you please explain to me why?

I am flabbergasted everytime I hear that someone thinks its a good idea to grant someone here illegally legal forms of identification that would allow them to enjoy rights and privledges reserved for legal citizens....why should we reward people for starting and/or continuing their lives in this nation illegally?

Please understand, I am not against immigration, my grandparents were Irish-immigrants, and I understand that those here illegally are searching for the same things my grandparents were. What I support however, is increased LEGAL immigration. In todays world, it is essential that we know who is in our country...and as of right now, we haven't the slightest clue.

Gem said:
Is anyone on this board FOR giving illegal immigrants driver's licenses or legalized forms of ID (like a state ID card)?

If so, can you please explain to me why?

I am flabbergasted everytime I hear that someone thinks its a good idea to grant someone here illegally legal forms of identification that would allow them to enjoy rights and privledges reserved for legal citizens....why should we reward people for starting and/or continuing their lives in this nation illegally?

Please understand, I am not against immigration, my grandparents were Irish-immigrants, and I understand that those here illegally are searching for the same things my grandparents were. What I support however, is increased LEGAL immigration. In todays world, it is essential that we know who is in our country...and as of right now, we haven't the slightest clue.

it's the politicians who are clueless....! :rolleyes:

I have to disagree, they aren't clueless, they are deliberately obtuse. At the risk of pissing off the wrong constituents they are willing to turn a blind eye. What will there answer be when the next terrorists to attack our country on our own soil got here by crossing the borders illegally and have been working in the very chemical plant, medical research center, hospital, or school, that they then proceded to blow up?!?

As I said before, I support immigration, I know that the vast majority of people crossing the border illegally simply want the chance for a better life. But I also know that the majority of Muslims in this country are not terrorists...that didn't stop a couple of them from killing 3000 Americans because we weren't paying attention...should we really make the same mistake with the millions of people who flood into our country every week? Worse yet...should we be HELPING them get documentation that can be easily used to gain access to dangerous things, not to mention benefits and privledges?

but now we are to consult with the very Mexican government that encourages this? I say we consult with Mexico allright. At the point of several thousand weapons pointed at them at the border. Vincente Fox senses that American politicians want to kiss Hispanic ass so he can say or do anything which years back might have resulted in a guy like Black Jack Pershing giving his pissant military a little Yankee "visit".

Since the majority of L.A. is Mexican, why not just give it back to em? The citizens voted him in, why not let em have it, its a shithole anyway.

OCA said:
its a shithole anyway.

You got that part right. I HATE LA. It's just atrocious. You can go for miles and not see anything but signs in Korean. That's to say nothing of the squalor of the barrios.

New LA mayor is on the cover of Newsweek over the words "LATINO POWER." Think Newsweek would ever declare "White Power!"? Doubt it. But what's the difference?

William Joyce said:
You got that part right. I HATE LA. It's just atrocious. You can go for miles and not see anything but signs in Korean. That's to say nothing of the squalor of the barrios.

Hmm I haven't been in L.A. in 16 years, but doesn't sound like much has changed!

OCA said:
Since the majority of L.A. is Mexican, why not just give it back to em? The citizens voted him in, why not let em have it, its a shithole anyway.

Why don't we think the other way. Why don't "we" TAKE part of Mexico? Like Acapulco maybe, or any of the other high class resort cities. Sure... here Mexico... take L.A., but we're taking some of Mexico in return.

OCA said:

You really crack me up...you on the one hand rant for allowing illegals into the country from Mexico...and now you are saying Los Angeles is mostly Mexicans and a "shithole"... Good Lord man...then why should we allow anymore of these people in... to create more "shitholes"? :scratch:

Pale Rider said:
Why don't we think the other way. Why don't "we" TAKE part of Mexico? Like Acapulco maybe, or any of the other high class resort cities. Sure... here Mexico... take L.A., but we're taking some of Mexico in return.

I figure since we have about half their citizens here, and we pay for their government programs we may as well just take all 15 states and make them US States, charge them back taxes....

archangel said:
You really crack me up...you on the one hand rant for allowing illegals into the country from Mexico...and now you are saying Los Angeles is mostly Mexicans and a "shithole"... Good Lord man...then why should we allow anymore of these people in... to create more "shitholes"? :scratch:

L.A. or that area was not a shithole before the White man got there. It was an area of beautiful rancheros and sweeping vistas. Mexicans are now just caught up in the shithole. Why not give it back to them and see what they can make of it, can't do any worse than us White folks. L.A, sucks anyway, the armpit of California, all we need is Northern California, much nicer there.

OCA said:
L.A. or that area was not a shithole before the White man got there. It was an area of beautiful rancheros and sweeping vistas. Mexicans are now just caught up in the shithole. Why not give it back to them and see what they can make of it, can't do any worse than us White folks. L.A, sucks anyway, the armpit of California, all we need is Northern California, much nicer there.

Actually a good part of LA was flood basins.

Also, before the POP got too much, white people had beautiful ranches too. Will Rogers off of sunset is a nice state park. POP always ruins things.

Happens in mexico too btw. Look at their overcrowded cities. They too use to be beautiful sweeping villas/hills/mnts, but POP ruined it.

Personally, I would rather live in an over populated area of the US anyday over an overpopulated area of mexico.

Merlin said:
Los Angeles Mayor-elect Antonio Villaraigosa said Wednesday "This is a time of great importance, not just for us to rediscover our roots,

shall i rediscover my family's roots that caused them to fight in the mexican american wars and kill mexicans :finger:

OCA said:

Being that I am originally from the Los Angeles area(San Fernando Valley) and the fact that my ancestors on my Dad's Mom's side owned Spanish Land Grants stretching from LA South to San Diego and that Capt.Freemont captured California from Mexico defeating Capt.Castro in Monterrey,Calif(By the way Capt.Castro was a relative on my Grandmothers side(From Spain).1840's was not a great time for my ancestors...being that they lost their land grants and all...leaving that aside growing up in the late fourtees thru the late sixtees the Los Angeles area was nice...very little crime...clean and prosperous...Your analogy of the area does not hold water...although I will agree that the area started falling apart in the mid seventees...crime and Hispanic gangs began to flourish as did increased illegal immigration....have a nice day supporter of the fallen and destructive ones!
:rotflmao:

Forum List

Back