Los Angeles Stimulus Money is a Big Failure

Meister

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 15, 2009
Conservative part of the Northwest
No wonder Barry is looking for another Stimulus package, this is just one major city. I don't think I need to do the math to call it an epic failure.
Let's see.....Cash for Clunkers.....Home Buyer's Credit.....Stimulus Package, can we trust the government to be spot on with Healthcare Reform?

Two Los Angeles departments have received $111 million in federal stimulus funds yet have created only 55 jobs so far, according to a pair of reports issued Thursday by City Controller Wendy Greuel.
An audit released today determined that the two Los Angeles city departments that have received a combined $111 million created or retained only 55 jobs with the money. "I'm disappointed,'' said City Controller Wendy Greuel, whose office conducted both audits. [3] Wendy Greuel. An audit by City Controller Wendy Greuel finds that key L.A. departments have only created about 55 jobs out of $111 million in federal stimulus money, her office announced Thursday.
LADOT has been awarded $40.8 million and created or retained 9 jobs, though they are expected to create 26 jobs overall.
Los Angeles Official Disappointed How City Used Stimulus Funds. - NewsFeed Researcher - jobs, job, city, department, departments, million, created, audit, audits, greuel, stimulus

Last edited:
No wonder Barry is looking for another Stimulus package, this is just one major city. I don't think I need to do the math to call it an epic failure.
Let's see.....Cash for Clunkers.....Home Buyer's Credit.....Stimulus Package, can we trust the government to be spot on with Healthcare Reform?

Two Los Angeles departments have received $111 million in federal stimulus funds yet have created only 55 jobs so far, according to a pair of reports issued Thursday by City Controller Wendy Greuel.
An audit released today determined that the two Los Angeles city departments that have received a combined $111 million created or retained only 55 jobs with the money. "I'm disappointed,'' said City Controller Wendy Greuel, whose office conducted both audits. [3] Wendy Greuel. An audit by City Controller Wendy Greuel finds that key L.A. departments have only created about 55 jobs out of $111 million in federal stimulus money, her office announced Thursday.
LADOT has been awarded $40.8 million and created or retained 9 jobs, though they are expected to create 26 jobs overall.
Los Angeles Official Disappointed How City Used Stimulus Funds. - NewsFeed Researcher - jobs, job, city, department, departments, million, created, audit, audits, greuel, stimulus

Government spending at it's best.

This is because the Stimulus was mostly NOT STIMULUS AT ALL. it was a lie. Most of it went to bailing out state and Municipal Budgets around the country.

What was told to the people was that the stimulus was meant to get people working.They and Biden in particular was bragging,"this will get the infrastructure rebuilt with shovel ready jobs"....What a friggin joke.To listen to those dopes on MSNBC the stimulus was a major success further adding to the honor and the glory of the best President the world has ever known.....

Last edited:
This is because the Stimulus was mostly NOT STIMULUS AT ALL. it was a lie. Most of it went to bailing out state and Municipal Budgets around the country.

I would tend to agree,this deceptive word, "Stimulus" is total horse exhaust. Using these monies to pay off those government entities and large corporations buried in debt doesn't do much for the rest of the economy. There were ways it would have helped more, in my opinion, but I think there may have been a lot of hands dipping into the pot and stealing the damn money for their own greedy selves, OH, pardon me PC dictates maybe it was "Diverted for efficiency" to other areas.

But remember the average citizen got like $250 bucks, while those making millions a year got more millions, while the majority of the citizenry is in La La land. Go Figure... :clap2:

The only reason I tend to believe the economy must be picking up in my area is because traffic in the mornings has definitely increased. We went through a time here for over a year where rush hour traffic really wasn't that bad and now it is more close to normal. We have a lot federally funded iron worker jobs going on right now also.

New Topics

Forum List

Back