Los Angeles public schools open doors to ‘corporate brand identity’

Bones

VIP Member
Dec 27, 2010
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/12/l...e-sponsorship/

Absurd as it may sound, that will soon be a figurative reality for many students in Los Angeles county, as public school officials there have announced a plan to solicit corporate sponsorship to help grow their budgets and retain staff.

In a unanimous vote, the board decided yesterday to allow "corporate brand identity" proliferation throughout the facilities of the Los Angeles Unified School District. The district's policy would allow corporate donors to earmark what programs they'd like their money to support, be they sports, arts or academic.

Isn't it grand that corporatism has infiltrated every aspect of our lives? Advertising is everywhere. On the internet, on your cellphone, in the street, in sport venues, in festivals, in parades, on television and now in school. What am I missing? I'm sure I forgot something since it has penetrated it's greedy finger into virtually every part of this forsaken culture.

Well we do need to raise good little consumers since that is now what our economy is based on.
Home Economics is now Home Shopping 101.

A Ronald McDonald statue is in the caffeteria.
And we have the B. Dalton Library, downloadable to your favorite brand of reading pad for a nominal fee.

it cant be any worse that the current school system

btw, Los Angeles schools are nearly bankrupt
they need any source of cash they can get

Why can't they just cut back to basic education drop all the extracarricular stuff and just educate the children.

So they drop out we should not try to in essence pay them to stay in school.
Who would vote for the republicans in the future if we had no dropouts?

Are the public school systems in large cities like Los Angeles run by Republicans?

Of course not no self respecting republican would be cuaght dead with an acedemic degree. MBA's, Poly sci and broadcasting/communication degrees and such are for Republicans.

Republicans won't teach our children but love to bitch and whine about how others do it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7FS5B-CynM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7FS5B-CynM[/ame]

So they drop out we should not try to in essence pay them to stay in school.
Who would vote for the republicans in the future if we had no dropouts?
i think you'll find more of those drop outs, vote for democrats
stop being so fucking dishonest

Can you really see corporations knocking down the doors of the LA school district trying to sponsor failing schools?

Yes, this is Enron High School, famous for total failure in the economic teaching area.

Srsly.

Just like how black people enjoy eating pigs feet.

Oh wait. I made that up because I have no way of knowing whether that is true or not. Much like how you really don't know whether most dropouts vote democrat or not.

It's time for us to stop with the democrat/republican arguing because they are two sides of the same coin. Most of the politicians are bought and paid for and don't give a flying fuck about us. They pretend to care, but they don't. It doesn't matter which party they represent, because the two party system gives the citizens the illusion that they have choice or a say in how this nation is ran. Hate to break it to the ones who have faith in the system, but it's rigged against us.

Last edited:
Just like how black people enjoy eating pigs feet.

Oh wait. I made that up because I have no way of knowing whether that is true or not. Much like how you really don't know whether most dropouts vote democrat or not.

It's time for us to stop with the democrat/republican arguing because they are two sides of the same coin. Most of the politicians are bought and paid for and don't give a flying fuck about us. They pretend to care, but they don't. It doesn't matter which party they represent, because the two party system gives the citizens the illusion that they have choice or a say in how this nation is ran. Hate to break it to the ones who have faith in the system, but it's rigged against us.
you should look at the exit poll data for 2008
;)

Forum List

Back