Los Angeles paints its streets WHITE to stop climate change.

There are always two questions that cause a liberals argument to fall completely apart.....one is, "at what cost?"

Only a liberal could take seriously a debate on painting streets white..... the fringe thinking being utterly absurd.

The chances of white painted roads happening beyond only a handful of places? Zero..... in places where consideration of costs matter, legislators would burst into uncontrolled laughter at the mere mention of painting roads white. Indeed there are very few places where this level of k00k is taken seriously.

When this reduces suffering from heat, vehicle heat damage, lowers cooling, lighting bills, extends life of streets & increases safety It would be hilarious if LA patents this idea so when Texans come begging to do it, they have to pay LA, CA. - LOL (Lots Of Loot)

All it can do is reduce SURFACE heat of the road, it can still warm up something else due to reflection onto buildings, cars and so on. The incoming energy level is still the same, just more spread out.

Since there was no reported research on this, you can not say for certain that it was worth the cost.
There is research from Berkeley showing it works. I posted a link in this thread.

I already stated that it will reduce the surface heat on the road, but the reflection simply moves the energy to cars, trees, and so on.
My house does not heat up when it snows outside. The weather person here almost always forecast much hotter weather than actual when the ground is snow covered. They usually forecast much cooler weather than actual when the ground is not snow covered.

It is now freezing, much fewer sunlight hours which is also at a steeper angle..........

You need to improve on your argument here.

Forum List

Back