Lord of the Rings

onedomino

SCE to AUX
Sep 14, 2004
This image of Saturn was taken from a distance of 620 thousand miles as the JPL/NASA Saturn orbiter traveled slightly above the plane of the rings. The colors in the image approximate what the human eye sees. Two dimensional images diminish depth perception. Can you imagine the enormity of this view if beheld in person?

PIA07772-br500.jpg

http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/multimedia/images/image-details.cfm?imageID=1914

I would volunteer for a one way flight to a distant system if there were any chance I could be alive when I made it, and able to see things like this as I left our Solar System.

I would volunteer for a one way flight to a distant system if there were any chance I could be alive when I made it, and able to see things like this as I left our Solar System.

Thats very noble of you, they need more people like that in JPL. You would prolly have only a couple years worth of food and supplys though.

Thats very noble of you, they need more people like that in JPL. You would prolly have only a couple years worth of food and supplys though.

Thats the whole point, they would need to have a better system, including a way to hybernate. And ya I would want to run out of air before i ran out of food and water ). Suffocating is a whole lot easier than dieing of starvation LOL.

Forum List

Back