Lord of the Rings

ladyzac

Nov 20, 2003
Pinkyville USA
Hey Guys & Gals!
I was wondering if any of you have seen the last LotR flick?
I am working thru Tuesday so I won't be able to see it until after Christmas. :(

Originally posted by lilcountriegal
I think I have to be the only one left under the Sun that hasnt seen any of the movies in this Trilogy.

Nope, you aren't alone. I haven't even a clue what they're about!

I saw them all... they were all amazing and truly epic. Return of the King is the best of the entire series. The battle of Minas Tirith is quite something to behold. Though at 3 1/2 hours, make you you're well acquainted with the washrooms before you go into the theatre.

Oh and as an aside, it's not the best date movie. I think I was too enthralled by the movie to notice my date's moves :p: Oops!

I got all you guys beat. Judging by stuff on the 'net, I think I'm the only person in the world who actually saw LotR (granted, only the first one) and didn't think it was the greatest movie ever made. It was really good, just not super, super-awesome, as everyone else made it out to be. I'm not really into sci-fi/fantasy that much, maybe that's the problem.

We went to see the return of the king on opening night.
at first i was like, come lets get it going ive waited long enough to see it. And it is masterfully done. but at the end i was like, damn hurry up and get done....lol ive been inthis seat for 3 and a half hours.
it was good, but the last one seemed long for some reason

Well...I finally saw it and I loved it! It was a long 3 1/2 hours but it was totally worth it. The fight scenes were super and there were several teary moments. Sean Astin did a great job in this part and this one scene were Samwise is trying to motivate Frodo to get up and finish the last steps to Mount Doom, he starts to tear up again and someone in the theatre yelled, "Fag!". :laugh: Everyone started laughing! Anyway...I am glad I saw it and it is worth seeing in the theatre!:D

Oh yeah! me too! My butt was so numb when I finally left! 3 1/2 hours is a long time to watch a movie. I heard a rumor in my city that they will be running all 3 movies! I am not sure if they are doing only here or elsewhere but that is way too long to be in a theatre...even with intermission!

they did that here the day before it came out. dont know if i could have done it though

I guess I am odd but I haven't seen any of them and I don't plan too !! Now ill take a good comedy any day !!

James have you read the books? its alot easier to understand if you did. but the movies are designed so if you have read them you can still understand most of it.
I heard that one of the producers or designers or someone to that effect said that if they were to be made correctly they would all be at least 12 hours long. DAMN

I've seen all three Lord of the Ring movies. I'm in my forties, and when I took my parents to the theatre, many young people looked at us as if wondering what we were doing there. However, Lord of the Rings was a trilogy written during World War II, when my parents were young. World War II, as everyone knows, or should know, represented a particularly evil period of time in the history of our world, and I think the Lord of the Rings reflects this time during which it was written. One can certainly draw parallels between the struggle of good and evil that takes place in Lord of the Rings and World War II. I also draw parallels between the Bible and Lord of the Rings, particularly in reference to the book of Revelations and Armageddon. Lord of the Rings, particularly "The Return of the King" is ultimately about the final confrontation between good and evil, with a final, great battle. In the Bible, the final confrontation between good and evil is what occurs at the battle of Armageddon, and "the return of the king" is the return of Jesus Christ to establish his eternal, peaceful kingdom on earth.

I loved the whole series. One of the best movies ever. I have 2 problems with them though. In "ROTK" the last 25 mins or so was too dragged out. They could have made that a bit quicker.

Also, what about "The Hobbit"? Anyone hear of any plans to make that a movie???

I too have seen all three films and I thought the first part was the best. The third part was too long and drawn out although it must be admitted that the battle of Minis Tirith was well produced.

Several threads were left open in the film that were tied up in the book although not many people seem to have noticed.

I did enjoy the trilogy, but the best film ever, I dont think so.

Finance has, I understand, been secured for production of the Hobbitt by New Line Cinema with Peter Jackson as director.

I'm glad to see that Peter Jackson is getting to direct The Hobbit (I know that and LOtR had been a dream of his for a long time), but I just hope he doesn't get pigeonholed. He's done some of the weirdest and most inventive movies I've ever seen, and I hope he continues to. Dead Alive (AKA Braindead) and Heavenly Creatures are two of my favorite movies and I think they're way better than Lord of the Rings (though honestly I've only seen the first one).

Forum List

Back