Lord Bless Lincoln Chafee!

Lincoln Chafee is the only Republican that has any testicular fortitude! He is the original maverick! I have a lot of respect for this man, and it is rare for me to endorse any Republican! CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Former GOP senator calls Palin a ‘cocky wacko’ - Blogs from CNN.com :disbelief: :bowdown:

Great that you think all that greenparty.

Sorry to tell you though.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/elect...lincoln-chafee-calls-palin-a-cocky-wacko.html

:lol:

Glad I wasn't the only one who found this though.

I have a lot of respect for this man, and it is rare for me to endorse any Republican!

THat's a nice find. I tuned into Chafee in 2006 actually, when the senate seats were being followed in all the shows in the 'year of the democrats.'

Anyway, he (a republican turned independent) says this on that link:

Chafee made a stir earlier this year when he directly called out Democrats who supported the Iraq war and were now expressing regret for their vote.

“I find it surprising now, in 2008, how many Democrats are running for president after shirking their constitutional duty to check and balance this president,” he wrote in his January 2008 book, “Against the Tide.” “Being wrong about sending Americans to kill and be killed, maim and be maimed, is not like making a punctuation mistake in a highway bill."

Contrast that with Palin's statement TODAY when sending the troops off from Alaska to Iraq:

Gov. Sarah Palin linked the war in Iraq with the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, telling an Iraq-bound brigade of soldiers that included her son that they would "defend the innocent from the enemies who planned and carried out and rejoiced in the death of thousands of Americans."

Palin Links Iraq to 9/11, A View Discarded by Bush - washingtonpost.com

Not to derail the thread, I can start a new thread if you'd like. The contrast netween Chafee and Palin just seemed quite appropriate here.

Last edited:
Uh, Lincoln Chaffee is an Independent. He is to the Republicans as Lieberman is to you Democrats. So in the sentiments of the Dem Party to Lieberman. Fuck him.

Uh, Lincoln Chaffee is an Independent. He is to the Republicans as Lieberman is to you Democrats. So in the sentiments of the Dem Party to Lieberman. Fuck him.

Yeah, but he is the only Republican to have any sense in that group of fuck ups! He was the only Republican in the Senate to vote against the Iraq war!:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Obviously you don't pay attention, he is no longer a Republican.

Chafee was the only Republican in the Senate to have voted against authorization of the use of force in Iraq. On June 22, 2006, Chafee was the only Republican to vote for the Levin amendment calling for a non-binding timetable for a withdrawal of US troops from Iraq. He voted against the Kerry-Feingold amendment calling for a binding timetable.:eusa_whistle:

Party of fuck-ups huh?

How's the Red--er--Green Party looking this year? Think you guys can actually pull in a full percentage point this cycle?

BTW - If Chafing's defection = banaroo-bizarro-yip-yip-yee-yahoo somersaults what does it mean when dems defect to the GOP?

The difference being that he is what the republicans used to be when they weren't insanely to the right. He'd have fit in with the party of Eisenhower, Nixon, Javits and Rockefeller.

And certainly fair to disagree with him, but Chafee had class.

The difference being that he is what the republicans used to be when they weren't insanely to the right. He'd have fit in with the party of Eisenhower, Nixon, Javits and Rockefeller.

And certainly fair to disagree with him, but Chafee had class.

We should be building statues of Chafee, Ron Paul and all of the Democrats who saw through this bullshit of the Iraq war!:clap2:

Party of fuck-ups huh?

How's the Red--er--Green Party looking this year? Think you guys can actually pull in a full percentage point this cycle?

BTW - If Chafing's defection = banaroo-bizarro-yip-yip-yee-yahoo somersaults what does it mean when dems defect to the GOP?

Right, the Republicans have been the party of major fuck-ups since Eisenhower left office in 1960! And why do you feel the need to attack the green party? This isn't my Iraq War, these aren't my record deficits, these aren't my corporate giveaways to the wealthy un-american corporations. So before you try and go down that road, you might want to think before you post garbage like that son! And by the way Lieberman was never a Democrat, even though he claimed he was!:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Right, the Republicans have been the party of major fuck-ups since Eisenhower left office in 1960! And why do you feel the need to attack the green party? This isn't my Iraq War, these aren't my record deficits, these aren't my corporate giveaways to the wealthy un-american corporations. So before you try and go down that road, you might want to think before you post garbage like that son! And by the way Lieberman was never a Democrat, even though he claimed he was!:eusa_whistle:

There are more than Lieberman.

But if all these "evils" exist why are you so abjectly impotent to change them. No point in complaiing to me because:

1) I support the war

2) I think you have a dubious definition of "corporate welfare" and if yours actually accorded with mine I would seek to end corporate welfare

3) The Red--er--Green Party would exacerbate jobs fleeing the US through stifling regulation, punitive taxation and subsidies (corporate welfare) to pointless fad projects

So, what you call failure I don't and I think you would only make the problems that do exist worse.

But back to you, because you make me giggle: If these evils really exist why are you so impotent?

Yeah, right. It takes so much courage to call a woman a name. The integrity and skills of this RINO should be praised.

Forum List

Back