Loose lips sink ships

Wiseacre

Retired USAF Chief
Apr 8, 2011
San Antonio, TX
During today's press conference, someone asked Obama about the leaks of operational and perhaps classified or sensitive information regarding the Stuxnet computer virus that may have hindered or delayed the Iranian program to develop a nuclear weapon. Specifically, it was asked how he would respond to charges that the leaks were politically motivated to make him look better in the areas of defense and foreign affairs, this being an election year. To which he replied that such an accusation was "offensive", and that of course his administration would never stoop to such a thing.

Well maybe so, maybe this is just some underling somewhere who wants to make the boss look good, without any authorization or encouragement from anyone higher up. But it ain't just an isolated incident, is it? IMHO, we are providing too much operational information, deliberately or not, that could jeopardize our soldiers or agents in the field and compromise those who would help us. Look at what happened to the Pakistani doctor who helped us confirm Bin Laden's presence in that compound, which lead to our raid to kill him. The guy got sentenced to 33 years in prison, partly cuz we helped identify who he was by shooting our mouths off about how we knew he was there. You tell me, how cooperative do you think others in that region of the world are going to be with us?

And this Stuxnet thing, what the fuck are we doing letting that kind of information get out there? What're we doing alerting our enemies to our capabilities and what we're doing? Borders on treason if you ask me. So why isn't the president vowing to go after whoever leaked the info, why did they refuse to have an independent investigation? It just doesn't look good, and when you've got Senators from your own party demanding answers, I don't think stonewalling is going to work.

During today's press conference, someone asked Obama about the leaks of operational and perhaps classified or sensitive information regarding the Stuxnet computer virus that may have hindered or delayed the Iranian program to develop a nuclear weapon. Specifically, it was asked how he would respond to charges that the leaks were politically motivated to make him look better in the areas of defense and foreign affairs, this being an election year. To which he replied that such an accusation was "offensive", and that of course his administration would never stoop to such a thing.

Well maybe so, maybe this is just some underling somewhere who wants to make the boss look good, without any authorization or encouragement from anyone higher up. But it ain't just an isolated incident, is it? IMHO, we are providing too much operational information, deliberately or not, that could jeopardize our soldiers or agents in the field and compromise those who would help us. Look at what happened to the Pakistani doctor who helped us confirm Bin Laden's presence in that compound, which lead to our raid to kill him. The guy got sentenced to 33 years in prison, partly cuz we helped identify who he was by shooting our mouths off about how we knew he was there. You tell me, how cooperative do you think others in that region of the world are going to be with us?

And this Stuxnet thing, what the fuck are we doing letting that kind of information get out there? What're we doing alerting our enemies to our capabilities and what we're doing? Borders on treason if you ask me. So why isn't the president vowing to go after whoever leaked the info, why did they refuse to have an independent investigation? It just doesn't look good, and when you've got Senators from your own party demanding answers, I don't think stonewalling is going to work.

What would Scooter Libby have to say?

Scooter was railroaded and NOT available for comment...and what has HE to do with this? Nice try at deflection...:eusa_hand:

IDIOT

They had an investigation, did they not?

He was indicted and found guilty, was he not?

He went to prison, did he not?

Get back to me when Obama does any of these things. And don't give me this bullshit that it's okay cuz Bush did it too. It's not okay, I don't care who's involved.

“The notion that my White House would purposely release classified national security information is offensive,” Obama said in the White House briefing room. “It’s wrong.”

i don't hear anywhere in his statement that he flatly denied knowledge of any leaks.....just that "the notion" was "offensive and wrong"....:hmpf:

when he says the notion is "wrong" does he really just mean that it is wrong to "offend" him with such accusations....? :eusa_whistle:

“The notion that my White House would purposely release classified national security information is offensive,” Obama said in the White House briefing room. “It’s wrong.”

i don't hear anywhere in his statement that he flatly denied knowledge of any leaks.....just that "the notion" was "offensive and wrong"....:hmpf:

when he says the notion is "wrong" does he really just mean that it is wrong to "offend" him with such accusations....? :eusa_whistle:

Obama Denies National Security Leaks, New York Times Denies Taking Dictation

Politico: The New York Times: Barack Obama's not leaking to us

Politico: The 'Leak' Wars

New York Times: Secret ‘Kill List’ Proves a Test of Obama’s Principles and Will

peeking-Obama.gif

(Image: Graphics Connection, LLC )​

ObamaOsamaTheManWhoShotBinLaden.jpg

(Image: EIB )​

well the leaks did come from "your" whitehouse, obama...

do us a favor, get off the fucking stage..... poser....

by the way... if you have a new obama scandal... get in line !

gee, and chicago seems like such an honest place for politicians to be from.

Last edited:

Obama Denies National Security Leaks, New York Times Denies Taking Dictation

Politico: The New York Times: Barack Obama's not leaking to us

Politico: The 'Leak' Wars

New York Times: Secret ‘Kill List’ Proves a Test of Obama’s Principles and Will

peeking-Obama.gif

(Image: Graphics Connection, LLC )​

ObamaOsamaTheManWhoShotBinLaden.jpg

(Image: EIB )​

that's pretty funny the new york times benedict arnold gazette says "the white house isn't leaking to us".

i suppose they would be first to know. great photoshoppe, can you grow me a birth certificate??

Last edited:
Obama threw his own grandma under the bus by basically calling her a racist, a "typical white person" when it came to her attitude towards black people.

Does ANYBODY really believe that Obama gives a SHIT about the citizens of the United States and our safety?

Barack Obama cares about Barack Obama. Period.

I don't think this is going away, what I do think is there is one lowly person who works for the Soetoro Administration who is going to be sacrificed so that his bosses may return to "business as usual".

I understand that 2 US Marshals from the DOJ will be conducting an investigation. As I think will Congress. We'll see what comes of it, I'm guessing a lot of nothin'.

And the gears begin to turn. The position statements will be made................patience, kids. You'll be told what to think soon.

Actually, I think the Obama admin will delay, obfuscate, and admit nothing. Whoever is involved has probably already been moved to another job in Alaska or promoted to a higher job in Arizona. How many times has Holder been up to Capitol Hill testifying before Congress and said basically nothing?

So you object to the outing of a non-covert CIA analyst -- but have no problem with the Obama White House revealing classified information with national security implications.

Not at all surprising.

What the hell are you partisan wingnuts talking about? No, Obama did not cause the rain last Saturday, that's weather, it happens. Try to move out of your mental bubble and think. I know that's hard but here's a bit of the information. Lots of the information. Damn, the guy doesn't look a bit like Obama?

Ralph Langner: Cracking Stuxnet, a 21st-century cyber weapon | Video on TED.com

Wingnuts say the funniest things.

Forum List

Back