Loose Lips Kill Americans. Whose Loose Lips?

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
Read this from a GENUINE AMERICAN!!!!!!

Dear Mr. Hastert:

Re your quote of earlier today: "What we're talking about is people who are leaking classified information. It's not news. It's classified information our government is using to fight terrorists.
Loose lips kill American people.”

Denny, Denny, Denny, sometimes you are such a ninny! Let me explain to you exactly what is going on here. In view of the statements and actions of yourself and your fellow party members of late, it is obvious you have a difficult time understanding things, so I will try to use simple language. If you have any problems with any of the concepts that follow, or the bigger words, don’t be afraid to ask someone for help. People can be kinder than you think when it comes to assisting others.

Journalists (that’s people who write for newspapers, or report the news on the radio or the television set) have a duty to inform the public about things that are newsworthy. Sometimes the things they are duty-bound to tell people turn out to be not very nice stories about your party and your president. Sometimes you have to be a big boy and not whine about it. I know that’s hard, but it is part of growing up.

In this instance, the New York Times was not telling anyone anything they didn’t already know about. That’s because your president and his administration (sound it out: ad-min-us-tray-shun) have been bragging about something called SWIFT for several years now, whereby the government has been looking into banking records in an effort to track down the bad people who might hurt our country.

Maybe you got confused, and that can happen; it’s nothing to be ashamed of. Maybe you thought they were talking about SWIFTboating, and that is something very different. That is when your party makes up fibs about people and pays money to phoney ‘organizations’, who then make very nasty TV commercials based on these fibs about decorated war heroes. They do that so that nobody will notice that your president was not a decorated war hero – in fact, he wasn’t any kind of hero, and he made sure he didn’t have to go to the war at all. That's another thing that happens sometimes, like when you have a Daddy who is rich and important.

But I digress (look it up in the dictionary – that’s a good boy!). You see, you were actually very smart when you said that loose lips kill American people. That can happen. Like when Dick Cheney, the Vice President (now go look up ‘vice’, so you can understand what he is the president of) ‘outed’ or divulged the identity of someone named Valerie Plame. In case you didn’t know, Valerie was working undercover (kind of like Clark Kent, but without having to change into a cape) to make the country safe by finding out secret things that were going on in the world. When Mr. Cheney and his coworkers said her name out loud, THAT caused harm to the United States – and maybe even caused some Americans to be killed.

Do you understand how that works? If you do, maybe you could tell your vice president to keep his big mouth shut from now on – but say it VERY NICELY, because he has a gun and he sometimes shoots people, even people he says are his friends.

Maybe you could also have a word with your pal, Bill Frist. Mr. Frist seems to think that your party isn’t doing very well because the news people on television are not being nice to all of you. Just today he told the people on CNN:

"Well, you know, it's part of my job and your job and your whole coming into this was, again, saying Harry Reid that we are spending all of our time on marriage -- which is important. That we're spending all of the time on flag without mentioning what we've done of the floor for six weeks. Iraq, the war on terror, making you safer... where's your coverage of that? What you do is concentrate on things that are spun to you from the other side of the aisle and that's why that message doesn't get out."

Okay, okay. Don’t feel bad about NOT understanding that particular statement, because neither does anyone else. Maybe they don’t put as much stress on English as a subject in medical school as they should.

But my reason for bringing up Billy’s statement is threefold – and yes, it’s perfectly okay to use your fingers to count, if you have to!

My first point is that Billy, along with a LOT of you, don’t seem to realize that the news media does not exist as a cheering section every time you or your party members come up with some scatterbrained idea (except for the people at FOX-News, of course, who actually ARE meant to be a cheering section solely devoted to promoting scatterbrained ideas). The news media is supposed to report the news – and I’m afraid the late-breaking news is that your party is no longer welcome at the most popular table in the school cafeteria. Again, these things happen sometimes, and the smarter kids just make new friends and move on.

Second, the ‘journalists’ (remember that word from before?) who work at CNN are not really journalists. So scolding them for not doing a good job reporting the news is like telling them they’re not doing a good job being lawyers, or doctors, or Indian chiefs. And speaking of trying to find nice things to say about people, maybe Billy could have at least complimented them on their nice hair and outfits, because they really do make an effort there.

Third, if people at CNN and elsewhere are not telling stories about all of the good things your party, your president, and his administration are doing, that might be because they AREN’T doing anything good. It’s not that the make-pretend ‘journalists’ don’t TRY, with all of their hearts, to find something good to say. It’s just that they are fresh out of ideas as to how to make the 2500-plus military casualties, plus all of the Iraqi civilian casualties, into a good-time story about how well things are going.

You, Billy and the rest of your party don’t seem to understand that with the economy tanking, the country being in debt (ask some mommies and daddies about DEBT, if you don’t understand that part), and all of the other bad things that are happening in our country, it is really unfair to ask even ‘pretend’ news organizations to put a smiley face on everything they see happening.

So think about it, Denny. You can work this whole thing out in your mind, if you REALLY, REALLY try. (I just KNOW you can do it!)

Well, I certainly hope I have helped you have a better understanding of the way things work. Now, run along and go play with your friends, and do whatever it is you DO when you’re playing elected representative of the people.

But please try to stay out of trouble, at least until November when the grown-ups will be back in charge. And remember that if you don’t understand something, it’s better to keep quiet than open your mouth and let everyone know you’re a moron.

I hope you will take this advice in the spirit in which it was offered.

Yours Truly,
Nancy Greggs
(Democrat & Grown-up)

It's all in education, don't ya know?

Psychoblues

Psychoblues said:
Read this from a GENUINE AMERICAN!!!!!!

Dear Mr. Hastert:

Re your quote of earlier today: "What we're talking about is people who are leaking classified information. It's not news. It's classified information our government is using to fight terrorists.
Loose lips kill American people.”

Denny, Denny, Denny, sometimes you are such a ninny! Let me explain to you exactly what is going on here. In view of the statements and actions of yourself and your fellow party members of late, it is obvious you have a difficult time understanding things, so I will try to use simple language. If you have any problems with any of the concepts that follow, or the bigger words, don’t be afraid to ask someone for help. People can be kinder than you think when it comes to assisting others.

Journalists (that’s people who write for newspapers, or report the news on the radio or the television set) have a duty to inform the public about things that are newsworthy. Sometimes the things they are duty-bound to tell people turn out to be not very nice stories about your party and your president. Sometimes you have to be a big boy and not whine about it. I know that’s hard, but it is part of growing up.

In this instance, the New York Times was not telling anyone anything they didn’t already know about. That’s because your president and his administration (sound it out: ad-min-us-tray-shun) have been bragging about something called SWIFT for several years now, whereby the government has been looking into banking records in an effort to track down the bad people who might hurt our country.

Maybe you got confused, and that can happen; it’s nothing to be ashamed of. Maybe you thought they were talking about SWIFTboating, and that is something very different. That is when your party makes up fibs about people and pays money to phoney ‘organizations’, who then make very nasty TV commercials based on these fibs about decorated war heroes. They do that so that nobody will notice that your president was not a decorated war hero – in fact, he wasn’t any kind of hero, and he made sure he didn’t have to go to the war at all. That's another thing that happens sometimes, like when you have a Daddy who is rich and important.

But I digress (look it up in the dictionary – that’s a good boy!). You see, you were actually very smart when you said that loose lips kill American people. That can happen. Like when Dick Cheney, the Vice President (now go look up ‘vice’, so you can understand what he is the president of) ‘outed’ or divulged the identity of someone named Valerie Plame. In case you didn’t know, Valerie was working undercover (kind of like Clark Kent, but without having to change into a cape) to make the country safe by finding out secret things that were going on in the world. When Mr. Cheney and his coworkers said her name out loud, THAT caused harm to the United States – and maybe even caused some Americans to be killed.

Do you understand how that works? If you do, maybe you could tell your vice president to keep his big mouth shut from now on – but say it VERY NICELY, because he has a gun and he sometimes shoots people, even people he says are his friends.

Maybe you could also have a word with your pal, Bill Frist. Mr. Frist seems to think that your party isn’t doing very well because the news people on television are not being nice to all of you. Just today he told the people on CNN:

"Well, you know, it's part of my job and your job and your whole coming into this was, again, saying Harry Reid that we are spending all of our time on marriage -- which is important. That we're spending all of the time on flag without mentioning what we've done of the floor for six weeks. Iraq, the war on terror, making you safer... where's your coverage of that? What you do is concentrate on things that are spun to you from the other side of the aisle and that's why that message doesn't get out."

Okay, okay. Don’t feel bad about NOT understanding that particular statement, because neither does anyone else. Maybe they don’t put as much stress on English as a subject in medical school as they should.

But my reason for bringing up Billy’s statement is threefold – and yes, it’s perfectly okay to use your fingers to count, if you have to!

My first point is that Billy, along with a LOT of you, don’t seem to realize that the news media does not exist as a cheering section every time you or your party members come up with some scatterbrained idea (except for the people at FOX-News, of course, who actually ARE meant to be a cheering section solely devoted to promoting scatterbrained ideas). The news media is supposed to report the news – and I’m afraid the late-breaking news is that your party is no longer welcome at the most popular table in the school cafeteria. Again, these things happen sometimes, and the smarter kids just make new friends and move on.

Second, the ‘journalists’ (remember that word from before?) who work at CNN are not really journalists. So scolding them for not doing a good job reporting the news is like telling them they’re not doing a good job being lawyers, or doctors, or Indian chiefs. And speaking of trying to find nice things to say about people, maybe Billy could have at least complimented them on their nice hair and outfits, because they really do make an effort there.

Third, if people at CNN and elsewhere are not telling stories about all of the good things your party, your president, and his administration are doing, that might be because they AREN’T doing anything good. It’s not that the make-pretend ‘journalists’ don’t TRY, with all of their hearts, to find something good to say. It’s just that they are fresh out of ideas as to how to make the 2500-plus military casualties, plus all of the Iraqi civilian casualties, into a good-time story about how well things are going.

You, Billy and the rest of your party don’t seem to understand that with the economy tanking, the country being in debt (ask some mommies and daddies about DEBT, if you don’t understand that part), and all of the other bad things that are happening in our country, it is really unfair to ask even ‘pretend’ news organizations to put a smiley face on everything they see happening.

So think about it, Denny. You can work this whole thing out in your mind, if you REALLY, REALLY try. (I just KNOW you can do it!)

Well, I certainly hope I have helped you have a better understanding of the way things work. Now, run along and go play with your friends, and do whatever it is you DO when you’re playing elected representative of the people.

But please try to stay out of trouble, at least until November when the grown-ups will be back in charge. And remember that if you don’t understand something, it’s better to keep quiet than open your mouth and let everyone know you’re a moron.

I hope you will take this advice in the spirit in which it was offered.

Yours Truly,
Nancy Greggs
(Democrat & Grown-up)

It's all in education, don't ya know?

Psychoblues
Did you make this up all by yourself??? Naw, I'm sure you lifted it from some lib site. Do you know how I know that? Because it is full of arrogance, lies and hypocracy. I know you didn't write it because you can't seem to put two coherent thoughts together at a time, never mind form sentences...

SO how about a link?

psycho.... does your mommy and daddy know that your on the computer again? Obviously, Barney isn't on. Do us a favor, stick to your coloring books will ya? When you manage to stay inside the lines, maybe, maybe you might try posting at another message board, like Sesame Street Underground

Again Psycho, I must ask, why, why post such an obvious "hit piece"?

One only designed to stir up those, that see the issues differently?

There was a time, a time back, I must admit, when I looked for your postings, but now, you seem bound and determined to just provoke, and be a burr under the saddle of the more conservative members of this board.

Such a shame.:dunno:

trobinett said:
Again Psycho, I must ask, why, why post such an obvious "hit piece"?

One only designed to stir up those, that see the issues differently?

There was a time, a time back, I must admit, when I looked for your postings, but now, you seem bound and determined to just provoke, and be a burr under the saddle of the more conservative members of this board.

Such a shame.:dunno:
The phrase you're looking for is "Ignore List"....

Mr. P said:
It’s fun to see if he can be any more wacky from post to post.:teeth:
Some things age well, cheese and wine, for instance. Psychotics, however, do not fall into that category.

To report the truth, the facts and the situation as well as they can is the RESPONSIBILITY of journalists, dmp. Allegiance to a "Nation" impairs their judgement and their methods. Any juornalist that distorts their observations due to any other allegiance is quite simply not a genuine journalist. Take Journalism 101, dmp, and tell me what you think!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

dmp said:
Those people have a HIGHER Duty to their Nation, however. The writer of that op/ed must be retarded.

Psychoblues said:
To report the truth, the facts and the situation as well as they can is the RESPONSIBILITY of journalists, dmp. Allegiance to a "Nation" impairs their judgement and their methods. Any juornalist that distorts their observations due to any other allegiance is quite simply not a genuine journalist. Take Journalism 101, dmp, and tell me what you think!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Yea, ok, allegiance to a craft/profession is WAY more important than journalistic responsibility, ain’t it?

Mr. P said:
Yea, ok, allegiance to a craft/profession is WAY more important than journalistic responsibility, ain’t it?
5 year old Jane Doe was killed today when a large truck ran over her and crushed her 30 lb body.
Parents have not yet been notified, we think it’s our RESPONSIBILITY to inform you our viewers first.

You got it, Mr. P. Fearmongering and sensationalism sell every time. The repuklicans are experts at it!!!!!!!!! Particularly when they have a very nationally important story to bury in the fold.

Thanks!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Mr. P said:
5 year old Jane Doe was killed today when a large truck ran over her and crushed her 30 lb body.
Parents have not yet been notified, we think it’s our RESPONSIBILITY to inform you our viewers first.

Psychoblues said:
You got it, Mr. P. Fearmongering and sensationalism sell every time. The repuklicans are experts at it!!!!!!!!! Particularly when they have a very nationally important story to bury in the fold.

Thanks!!!!!!

Psychoblues
You are fucked-up pal..nothing I said has anything to do with fear, just journalistic responsibility.

On second thought, YOU don't get it. I could help you but I really don't want to. You, no friend of America Mr. P, are "fucked up" in my opinion and I really couldn't care less if you ever get help. But, you are an American (I think) and I can at least respect you for that.

Psychoblues

Mr. P said:
You are fucked-up pal..nothing I said has anything to do with fear, just journalistic responsibility.

Psychoblues said:
On second thought, YOU don't get it. I could help you but I really don't want to. You, no friend of America Mr. P, are "fucked up" in my opinion and I really couldn't care less if you ever get help. But, you are an American (I think) and I can at least respect you for that.

Psychoblues
Sure I get it, we need to change yer name to "Psychobabbles".

Get it? Yer an insane joke!:rotflmao:

You really just aren't capable of getting it, are you, Mr. (I call you Mr. very hesitantly) P. I'll stick with Psychoblues and you can't change that. Don't that piss down your leg feel warm and wet? I used to play a finger picking jam like that, nevermind, it was "Windy and Warm", Chet Adkins. Forget it, just a random thought from this old and feeble mind.

Psychoblues

Mr. P said:
Sure I get it, we need to change yer name to "Psychobabbles".

Get it? Yer an insane joke!:rotflmao:

Psychoblues said:
You really just aren't capable of getting it, are you, Mr. (I call you Mr. very hesitantly) P. I'll stick with Psychoblues and you can't change that. Don't that piss down your leg feel warm and wet? I used to play a finger picking jam like that, nevermind, it was "Windy and Warm", Chet Adkins. Forget it, just a random thought from this old and feeble mind.

Psychoblues

Psycho, you seem confused; we don't want to know a little more about you OR your hobbies.

Awwwww, what a shame. rtwngAvngr got his leg pissed on and he don't like it. Wellllllllllllll, the avenger can just kiss my ass. I'll sing and dance on your grave. Maybe I'll do the "Warm and Windy" thing for you!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

rtwngAvngr said:
Psycho, you seem confused; we don't want to know a little more about you OR your hobbies.

Forum List

Back