Looper

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
The DVD of this movie came out a few days ago, so I went to Blockbuster and rented it. I did not see it when it was in the theaters, and I am glad to have saved my money. Ordinarily I put movies in my Netflix queue and wait the few months it takes them to rotate to the top and arrive in the mail.

But...

Looper got an astounding 94% approval rating from the critics on Rotten Tomatoes, which is why I was stoked about seeing it and went and rented it.

Having now seen it, I will no longer trust Rotten Tomatoes again.

This was a seriously bad movie. Seriously bad. Some of the most amateurish special effects, horrible writing, and the flattest acting you will ever see in your life.

A fifth grader could have written a better script. For those who don't know anything about it, it's a movie about hit men and time travel. And whatever thrill you might be feeling contemplating that concept is sure to find you severely disappointed upon viewing the execution of it.

Don't waste your time you will never get back on it, no pun intended.

If a movie has a rating over 90 percent, I'm expecting something I would watch over and over.

They were comparing this piece of shit to Blade Runner. That's fucking sacrilege in my book. How dare they.

Somewhere, someone in some movie studio laid an awful lot of money, hookers, and blow on a shitload of movie critics to rave this fucking piece of shit.

Four out of five thumbs down.

Last edited:
I has a rating of over 90% because its one of the best movies to hit movie screens in decades.

I saw it at the cinema and I loved it.

I has a rating of over 90% because its one of the best movies to hit movie screens in decades.

I saw it at the cinema and I loved it.

(*Note to self: Add Noomi to List of Movie Critics Not To Trust*)

:razz:

I like it. It was intelligently done, had plenty of action, and some interesting plot twists. Time travel films too often resort in a gimmick to get out of a plot dead end. This one actually resolved in a moral choice. It could have used another 15 minutes to round out some of the story. For example, I would have like to have found out how Sarah knew what a Looper was.

SPOILER ALERT:

There were giant plot holes. For instance, why would you have an assassin kill his older self? Why not have another assassin kill the other guy's older self?

If I knew my future boss might have me killed, I would wait to see who it was I was killing before I shot them, and then if it was my older self, I would ask him exactly where, how, and when he was captured.

And the acting was as flat as it gets. There were no twists, no surprises. The entire story was completely predictable.

It closes the loop dude.

You tried to see it as a sceince project.

it wasnt

It was a moral project.

the OP is wrong it was a very entertaining MOVIE not documentary
It was a moral project

It closes the loop dude.

If I killed your older self, instead of you doing it, that would close your loop just as effectively. With a lot less risk.

And you would never know your loop had been closed.

Last edited:
SPOILER ALERT:

There were giant plot holes. For instance, why would you have an assassin kill his older self? Why not have another assassin kill the other guy's older self?

If I knew my future boss might have me killed, I would wait to see who it was I was killing before I shot them, and then if it was my older self, I would ask him exactly where, how, and when he was captured.

The premise of the 30-year closing the loop is that by sending the looper back to 2044 from 2074, there is no one left alive in the future that can be tied to the killings. In the future there is no body and there is no killer.

Should they have gone to another looper? Ya that would make sense. Then they would only need a plot device to have Willis find his younger self. Makes more sense that way.

>>>>

Yes I know but then the human emotion device would not have been so clear.

Like I said it was a moral project not a sceince project.

The DVD of this movie came out a few days ago, so I went to Blockbuster and rented it. I did not see it when it was in the theaters, and I am glad to have saved my money. Ordinarily I put movies in my Netflix queue and wait the few months it takes them to rotate to the top and arrive in the mail.

But...

Looper got an astounding 94% approval rating from the critics on Rotten Tomatoes, which is why I was stoked about seeing it and went and rented it.

Having now seen it, I will no longer trust Rotten Tomatoes again.

This was a seriously bad movie. Seriously bad. Some of the most amateurish special effects, horrible writing, and the flattest acting you will ever see in your life.

A fifth grader could have written a better script. For those who don't know anything about it, it's a movie about hit men and time travel. And whatever thrill you might be feeling contemplating that concept is sure to find you severely disappointed upon viewing the execution of it.

Don't waste your time you will never get back on it, no pun intended.

If a movie has a rating over 90 percent, I'm expecting something I would watch over and over.

They were comparing this piece of shit to Blade Runner. That's fucking sacrilege in my book. How dare they.

Somewhere, someone in some movie studio laid an awful lot of money, hookers, and blow on a shitload of movie critics to rave this fucking piece of shit.

Four out of five thumbs down.

I think you may be overly critical because of your high expectations.

Was this a masterpiece of a movie? No, not by any stretch. Was it enjoyable fare? It certainly was.

There were some plot holes, or at least questionable issues, but that's to be expected (especially from a time-travel based movie) and they weren't too terrible. I admit, after watching the film I was surprised at the nearly universal praise it has received from both critics and the public. It wasn't THAT good a movie. On the other hand, the public keeps paying for Transformers movies, and Fast and Furious movies keep making hundreds of millions of dollars, Looper is a huge step up from those! :lol:

If you enjoy a sci-fi movie with a bit of action, with a story that isn't too deep but not entirely empty, either, Looper is a good choice.

I like it. It was intelligently done, had plenty of action, and some interesting plot twists. Time travel films too often resort in a gimmick to get out of a plot dead end. This one actually resolved in a moral choice. It could have used another 15 minutes to round out some of the story. For example, I would have like to have found out how Sarah knew what a Looper was.

That was sloppy in my imo.

The movie was ok, but not in my top ten.

It closes the loop dude.

If I killed your older self, instead of you doing it, that would close your loop just as effectively. With a lot less risk.

You could kill my older self, but my younger self would still be alive, meaning the loop is still open.
Get it?

Wrong.

If you kill your older self, your younger self would still be alive, too. It does not matter who kills your older self when it comes to closing your loop.

You could kill my older self, but my younger self would still be alive, meaning the loop is still open.
Get it?

Wrong.

If you kill your older self, your younger self would still be alive, too. It does not matter who kills your older self when it comes to closing your loop.

If you killed your younger self, your older self would never have existed.

Most movie previews always show the best..or better...parts on the Tv for us to see...to get our asses into the theaters to see it.
I liked the previews I saw, but I have not watched the movie yet...I would like to, but I like Bruce Willis....so......that would be enough to get me to watch it.
I have seen plenty of movies where I watched the preview or the trailer and thought it looked pretty good...only to get to the theater and pay money, and come home disappointed.
Extremely Close & Incredibly Loud is a perfect example....I was totally let down by that one~

The trailer made it seem like a shitty action flick, but from what Im reading it may be better than that. I may have to go see it, if it turns out to be like I thought I will be very angry with the critics for wasting my time.

Forum List

Back