Looks like there's no "Population Bomb" after all

I've always supported strict border and immigration control, and building one mother of a wall. Cut off most immigration, and the USA quickly goes to zero population growth. No other population control measures are necessary.

The difference between me and the conservatives is that I see no need to demonize immigrants. The truth is simple enough, that we don't need more people.

Bingo !
Except for that "conservatives are demonizing immigrants"
There is a difference between legal immigration and the rest of the stuff that slips through. Included are not just the fence climbers and stowaways but also those who file false claims.
We have a lot of these showing up in Canada.
Not just from underdeveloped countries but believe it or not some are US citizens who show up here and file a "refugee claim" .
No matter where they came from and how illegal, we are stuck giving them housing, welfare, health care + the lawyers they can use till they exhausted all legal appeal avenues.
It`s not just the US that faces that problem, it`s a huge problem and an equally controversial one in many other developed nations where there are no US-style conservatives.
What is considered "conservative" in most of the EU member states would easily qualify as "left of center" by US standards.
Nobody in a German conservative Party like the CDU, CSU or the FDP could dare to say in public "The truth is simple enough, that we don't need more people." even though everybody knows that, you would get crucified by the media if you would say it. The only party that did have the guts to say it got banned shortly after they did.
So there is another item that could have gone into Bartlett`s left column, the limiting of free speech / freedom of expression when it prevents a candid discussion.
Again that is another area where "big government" excels. It took a majority conservative government in Canada to repeal the "right not to be offended".
Before that anyone who did "offend" somebody else had to answer to the "Human rights commission" which was a cangaroo court made up from government appointed bureaucrats. While they existed, they succeeded to get scores of journalists fired, closed news papers and several radio and TV stations.

I just thought of another "entitlement" item which very definitely belongs into that left column.
2jrk.png

I`m not sure how it works in the US, but in Canada the welfare system which is run at the provincial level is laid out in a manner that financially rewards single women and young girls to get pregnant.
An 18 year old girl with no education can get more welfare (spending ) money than most fresh college graduates have as disposable income after they pay their bills .
In Canada the public "medicare system" paid for abortions since ~ the 70`s, but now the only women who take advantage of that are those who have a well paying job and can`t be bothered raising a child...and those who should not have kids breed them like a puppy mill, because every additional child is a lucrative cash cow.
So much for Bartlett`s idea to list "abortion" in the right hand column. It has backfired big time in Canada and what I hear from my friends in Germany it did also did so over there.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back