Looks like the Dream Act is on

President Obama will announce later today unless Marco Rubio beats him to it.

800K eligible - under age 16 when they came here, under age 30 now and no criminal record.

Thing is, as it stands right now, the US has a lot invested in these young people's education. Why shouldn't we benefit from that?

Traditionally, we deport the best educated illegals. Asians, Mexicans, Europeans - many of them doctors or scientists will finish their education in their own country while we educate burger flippers.

Right now, China graduates more scientists that we graduate students. We need to put politics aside and do what is right for the US.

pppfffttt.

Illegal is illegal. If they dont like that... they can take it up with their illegal parents.

I agree its not their fault...and that is sad for them.

Last edited:
President Obama will announce later today unless Marco Rubio beats him to it.

800K eligible - under age 16 when they came here, under age 30 now and no criminal record.

Thing is, as it stands right now, the US has a lot invested in these young people's education. Why shouldn't we benefit from that?

Traditionally, we deport the best educated illegals. Asians, Mexicans, Europeans - many of them doctors or scientists will finish their education in their own country while we educate burger flippers.

Right now, China graduates more scientists that we graduate students. We need to put politics aside and do what is right for the US.

pppfffttt.

Illegal is illegal. If they dont like that... they can take it up with their illegal parents.

I agree its not their fault...and that is sad for them.

illegal is only illegal if the govt says it is and now the govt says its not illegal if your under age 16 when you came here, under age 30 now and have no criminal record.

Lamar Smith: Obama's amnesty for illegal immigrants is against the law

In an interview with Univision television earlier this year, President Obama said that he can’t just “waive away the laws that Congress put in place” and that “the president doesn’t have the authority to simply ignore Congress and say, ‘We’re not going to enforce the laws that you’ve passed.’”

But ignore Congress and the Constitution is exactly what the president has done – and this isn’t the first time. Throughout the past three years of his administration, Mr. Obama has waived applying several of our immigration rules and has refused to enforce other immigration laws.
Lamar Smith: Obama's amnesty for illegal immigrants is against the law - CSMonitor.com

Insolent

Obama selective enforcement of the law to buy votes. How sad is that ?

how sad is it that you oppose improving the life of 1 million people and helping the economy jusr because obama did it?

wrong because Americans should be first since they elected him and pay his salary. Helping the economy? How the hell does low wage illegal aliens that pay very little in taxes if any and collect every welfare benefit they anchor babies qualify for.
we don't owe children of illegal aliens anything but deportation. These are Mexicans and Mexicans problem. This is another job killer for americans.

how sad is it that you oppose improving the life of 1 million people and helping the economy jusr because obama did it?

How sad is it, when you missed the simple point. I don't mind improving the life of anyone who isn't breaking the law. And it's really sad when it's done just to buy votes. If this was a true act of kindness, why did he wait until the election year? Obama stated the if he didn't turn things around in three years, he was a one term president. It's time to make his statement come true.

wrong because Americans should be first since they elected him and pay his salary. Helping the economy? How the hell does low wage illegal aliens that pay very little in taxes if any and collect every welfare benefit they anchor babies qualify for.
we don't owe children of illegal aliens anything but deportation. These are Mexicans and Mexicans problem. This is another job killer for americans.
so according to you expanding Americas economy and reducing the deficit is putting America second. thx for proving ur a retard

How sad is it, when you missed the simple point. I don't mind improving the life of anyone who isn't breaking the law. And it's really sad when it's done just to buy votes. If this was a true act of kindness, why did he wait until the election year? Obama stated the if he didn't turn things around in three years, he was a one term president. It's time to make his statement come true.

now according to the law those people are not breaking it... so jusr get the balls to admit ur a ignorant racist

The devil is in the details. While I agree that this executive overreach was shitty, desperate, and possibly illegal, we are probably stuck with it. So, my question is "how much will it cost"?

Does anyone know if these neo-Americans will qualify for entitlements? Will they be able to get SCHIP, "refundable tax credits", in-state tuition, financial aid? Will the "hardworking", "educated" children UNDER 30 be given the boot if they find themselves failing out of college or unemployed? If they have an anchor baby, will they be given automatic amnesty given the fact that they are now "legal"?

These are very expensive questions that the president needs to answer.

now according to the law those people are not breaking it... so jusr get the balls to admit ur a ignorant racist

You may want to educate yourself. They are breaking the law... Janet Nepolitano even called it selective enforcement of the law. Do some reading so you don't look so foolish. Did you know illegals cost this country more each year than the war in Iraq or Afganistan?

On Friday morning, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano announced the Obama administration’s plans to selectively enforce illegal immigration law by refusing to deport illegals brought to the U.S. as “young children,” effectively an administrative version of the DREAM Act.

“Our nation’s immigration laws must be enforced in a firm and sensible manner,” Napolitano said in a statement. “But they are not designed to be blindly enforced without consideration given to the individual circumstances of each case.”

Read more: Rep. King ‘launching immediate review’ into Obama admin ending deportation of under-30 illegals | The Daily Caller

I've know kids, gone to school with kids who were brought to this nation when they were infants and who are as American as any of us, who certainly deserve to be citizens.

Those kids are no more aliens than we are. The only place they know, the only society they belong to is the one they know right here inthe USA.

If this act addresses their legal plight, givening them a path to citizenship, then I am all for it.

Last edited:
The devil is in the details. While I agree that this executive overreach was shitty, desperate, and possibly illegal, we are probably stuck with it. So, my question is "how much will it cost"?

Does anyone know if these neo-Americans will qualify for entitlements? Will they be able to get SCHIP, "refundable tax credits", in-state tuition, financial aid? Will the "hardworking", "educated" children UNDER 30 be given the boot if they find themselves failing out of college or unemployed? If they have an anchor baby, will they be given automatic amnesty given the fact that they are now "legal"?

These are very expensive questions that the president needs to answer.

Don't you see? Part of the point of this is to make all that a fait accompli.

I've know kids, gone to school with kids who were brought to this nation when they were infants and who are as American as any of us, who certainly deserve to be citizens.

Those kids are no more aliens than we are. The only place they know, the only society they belong to is the one they know right here inthe USA.

If this act addresses their legal plight, givening them a path to citizenship, then I am all for it.

And I've known American kids who were born here and through no fault of their own found their parents in prison and having to make restitution for THIEVING. What about those kids? Should they be able to benefit from their parents' lawbreaking?

Forum List

Back