Looks like the Bush Team is at it again

smirkinjesus said:
It’s the suggestions they make that are so insulting to our intelligence. It’s almost comical that you all think the GOP is incapable of playing politics with fear. Most of you are far more intelligent then the average Yahoo poster, I would love to see the day when one of you would call BS on this crap. When it walks like it, talks like it, call it what it is, fear mongering. Ridge came out, suggested an attack was imminent (sound familiar?) and we had “new” information to back it up. While they never actually flat-out lie, they push the truth to the breaking point.

The Johns Kerry/Edwards are doing their own scare mongering. Kerry says that Bush is not aggresssive or taking terror serious enough in protecting Americans.

Kerry says at his show Dem nomination in Boston that he will give America the trust of the world. He gives no hints of how, why or when but he swears he will go to the world nations for HELP....

If Hillary and Bill let Kerry/Edwards get anywhere near winning this election most people will be very surprised.

President elect Hillary and her vassal Bill are not through with John Kerry and his run at the presidency. Look for John Kerry to get zapped in September making his chance for a democrat president very remote.

This is not a good year to be running for Dem presidency in the middle of a war. Does anyone remember the last time a president was not re-elected during a war waged against our people?

ajwps said:
The Johns Kerry/Edwards are doing their own scare mongering. Kerry says that Bush is not aggresssive or taking terror serious enough in protecting Americans.

Kerry says at his show Dem nomination in Boston that he will give America the trust of the world. He gives no hints of how, why or when but he swears he will go to the world nations for HELP....

If Hillary and Bill let Kerry/Edwards get anywhere near winning this election most people will be very surprised.

President elect Hillary and her vassal Bill are not through with John Kerry and his run at the presidency. Look for John Kerry to get zapped in September making his chance for a democrat president very remote.

This is not a good year to be running for Dem presidency in the middle of a war. Does anyone remember the last time a president was not re-elected during a war waged against our people?

:clap: :mm: Great post, AJ! Not one word regarding you know what!

ajwps said:
Kathianne do you really think that I am not interested in anything else other than you know what?

I'm thrilled to find it out! :D

I'm thrilled to find it out!

What? Are you suggesting possibly his love for some french fries. Uh no? Maybe Sri Lanka?
:rotflmao:
I can smell the suspense.

Kathianne said:
And PJ, that's why we have civil discourse and you have earned some respect amoung many of us! :cheers2:

Yes. Since I joined this board you and Spillmind have most definitely parted ways, PJ.

TheOne said:
Seems like a great day to re-open the Statue of Liberty...I mean with the heightened alert status and all right down the street.

article

Too funny! Even a UK editorial writer gets what goes right over your head:

http://www.portal.telegraph.co.uk/o...xml&sSheet=/opinion/2004/08/04/ixopinion.html

Liberty resurgent
(Filed: 04/08/2004)

The reopening yesterday of the Statue of Liberty symbolises the determination of America and its allies not to be cowed by terrorism. The timing of the ceremony, a day after five potential targets in New York, Washington and Newark were subject to their highest level of security since September 11, 2001, was apposite.

The message sent to the likes of al-Qa'eda was that, while acknowledging that they are under a state of siege, Americans will not be deterred from going about their daily lives. The same applies to other Western cities, in particular London, because of Britain's heavy involvement in the invasion of Iraq.

But the collapse of the twin towers epitomised the new age of terror, and the way New York has coped with that catastrophe has been an inspiration to us all. The reopening of "Liberty Enlightening the World", to give the statue its official title, is an important stage in the city's recovery from assault by the dark forces of atavism.

The money needed to meet post-September 11 security requirements for the site was raised privately. That is part of an admirable tradition going back to 1875, when an appeal for funds was launched in France for a statue to be given to America as a memorial of its struggle for independence from Britain.

On the other side of the Atlantic, a similar campaign was launched to pay for the pedestal. At the unveiling of the monument in 1886, President Grover Cleveland said: "We will not forget that Liberty has made here her home nor shall her chosen altar be neglected." Since then, the lady has become just as famous as an emblem of America's welcome to those fleeing oppression or want in the Old World. These are "your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free" of the poem by Emma Lazarus mounted on a bronze plaque at the foot of the statue.

Sadly, security regulations do not permit a return to the situation as it was before September 11: visitors can no longer climb up inside the statue. The destruction of the towers has left deep scars. But that is all the more reason for rejoicing that, nearly three years on, liberty's "chosen altar" is back in business.

The credibility of the information I think is less imporant than the timing with which the information was released. I live in New York City as well, and I love knowing when there is specific new information worth knowing about imminent attacks in my home town. HOWEVER, when the administration acknowledges that the information used as the impetus for the terror alert upgrade is 3 years old, I have some questions. WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME EARLIER? Therefore, I am forced to conclude that the release of this information, coinciding with the DNC, is more than likely political. George Bush is running on the ticket that its a dangerous world and he's the candidate best-equipped to keep of safe. Therefore, a frightened populous would be more likely to vote for him despite horrendous economical and environmental records. I'm a registered Independent so I'm not proslytizing here, its just common sense that this is the best way for Bush to retain support in the face of failing approval ratings and heightened scrutiny on his policies, not to mention his past as a deserter from the Texas Air National Guard. Which reminds me, can someone explain how a wartime president doesn't need to explain WHY he was AWOL during th Vietnam War???

RossTrudeauNYC said:
The credibility of the information I think is less imporant than the timing with which the information was released. I live in New York City as well, and I love knowing when there is specific new information worth knowing about imminent attacks in my home town. HOWEVER, when the administration acknowledges that the information used as the impetus for the terror alert upgrade is 3 years old, I have some questions. WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME EARLIER? Therefore, I am forced to conclude that the release of this information, coinciding with the DNC, is more than likely political. George Bush is running on the ticket that its a dangerous world and he's the candidate best-equipped to keep of safe. Therefore, a frightened populous would be more likely to vote for him despite horrendous economical and environmental records. I'm a registered Independent so I'm not proslytizing here, its just common sense that this is the best way for Bush to retain support in the face of failing approval ratings and heightened scrutiny on his policies, not to mention his past as a deserter from the Texas Air National Guard. Which reminds me, can someone explain how a wartime president doesn't need to explain WHY he was AWOL during th Vietnam War???

amen brutha

DoubleT8600 said:
amen brutha

You had been warned earlier by a moderator, now this:

bye DoubleT8600
bye RossTrudeauNYC

RULES:

13- Dual Accounts -Users are only allowed to have one posting handle. Anyone found posting under dual identities will have both accounts terminated.

insein said:
LMAO. Needs to praise himself. I think he has a self esteem problem to worry about alittle more.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/04/politics/04terror.html?hp

Even the New York Times (left biased) has found terrorist threats to be accurate now and not based on three year old reports. Our now departed identical duo takes terror in stride with the DNC.

New Qaeda Activity Is Said to Be Major Factor in Alert
By DOUGLAS JEHL and RICHARD W. STEVENSON

Published: August 4, 2004

WASHINGTON, Aug. 3 - Senior government officials said Tuesday that new intelligence pointing to a current threat of a terrorist attack on financial targets in New York and possibly in Washington - not just information about surveillance on specific buildings over the years - was a major factor in the decision over the weekend to raise the terrorism alert level.

The officials said the separate stream of intelligence, which they had not previously disclosed, reached the White House only late last week and was part of a flow that the officials said had prompted them to act urgently in the last few days.

The officials disclosed the information a day after the Bush administration acknowledged for the first time that much of the surveillance activity cited last weekend by Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge to justify the latest, specific warnings had been at least three years old. At the same time, the White House offered a vigorous defense of its decision to heighten the alert in Manhattan, Newark and Washington, with officials saying there was still good reason for alarm.

"I think it's wrong and plain irresponsible to suggest that it was based on old information,'' Scott McClellan, the White House spokesman, said of the heightened warning as President Bush traveled to Dallas on a campaign swing.

In an appearance in New York, Mr. Ridge responded forcefully to a question about whether election-year politics had played a part in determining how and when the intelligence was released.

"We don't do politics in the Department of Homeland Security,'' Mr. Ridge said.

He added: "The detail, the sophistication, the thoroughness of this information, if you had access to it, you'd say we did the right thing. Government should let the public know about situations like this. It's not about politics. It's about confidence in government telling you when they get the information.''

In addition to the surveillance activity, detailed in reports uncovered late last week from computer disks in Pakistan, a senior intelligence official said that "very current and recent activity on the part of Al Qaeda'' has left little doubt that "Al Qaeda is moving toward the execution stage of attacks here in the homeland.''

The language used by senior administration officials on Tuesday in warning of a possible attack was at least as strong as that Mr. Ridge used in announcing the alert on Sunday, and much stronger than the language used on Monday, when the officials acknowledged that the reconnaissance reports dated back to the period surrounding the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. Among other things, one official disclosed on Tuesday that one intelligence report had pointed to a possible attack "in August or September.''

That shifting tone may prove frustrating to the public, providing little guidance for assessing the gravity of threat information whose details remain shrouded in intelligence reports not available to anyone outside the highest ranks of the government.

A senior White House official who mentioned the new stream of intelligence in an interview refused to say anything more about its source or content. The official said it had not been publicly disclosed out of concern that such a step could compromise intelligence and law enforcement operations in the United States and around the world. Officials would not describe those operations but said they were meant to disrupt a possible plot.

But senior federal intelligence and law enforcement officials also described the intelligence as important. They said it had reached the White House last Friday and strongly reinforced the sense of alarm prompted by the separate flow of information that was arriving at the same time via the Central Intelligence Agency from Pakistan and that was based on information culled from seized computer disks that contained detailed case reports of reconnaissance conducted on buildings in Manhattan, Newark and Washington in 2000 and 2001.

In providing new details about those case reports, senior government officials described them for the first time as discrete documents, each at least 20 pages long and devoted to a particular target, and perhaps most intriguingly, they said, written in "perfect English.''

Forum List

Back