Looks like that Rachel Maddow interview ruined Rand's momentum...

Was this before or after Maddow? Also, he just turned down going on Meet the Press after accepting a invite on there. The third person to do so in 63 years. Rand's not ready I guess to spin his bullshit yet.
The reason he gave for cancelling Meet the Press was exhaustion. Not good for the third day of his campaign.

That's a weak excuse. He's going to forgo an opportunity to put the "Tea Party" on the national stage due to exhaustion?

Bullshit.

He knows he has to get his head screwed on straight before getting in front of the camera again.

Oh, and Maddow didn't "do" anything to Paul. She just asked him about a statement he had made numerous times prior to the interview.

Kind of hard to demonize Maddow for giving Paul a forum to spout his beliefs.

Was this before or after Maddow? Also, he just turned down going on Meet the Press after accepting a invite on there. The third person to do so in 63 years. Rand's not ready I guess to spin his bullshit yet.

Hard to say if this means he won't win, but it's fun to watch. This guy is supposed to be the Tea Partiers' biggest triumph so far and he steps on his dick right out of the starting gate.

:D

Yeah. He might want to tone down his association with the teaparty. I never understood that relationship. Odd couple.

Well, in his first speech after winning he said he thanked the tea baggers specifically for his win.

He represents perfectly.

Oscar Wao is delusional if he thinks ol Rand was baited. HE SAID THIS CRAP BEFORE. and Maddow was actually trying to get him an out, but he kept going further and further down the hole.
I didn't say he was "baited." I said Rachel took his comments out of context and made him look bad for no reason whatsoever.

Last edited:
No, it's more like Damn Rachel for spinning the answer Rand gave her in an attempt to make him look bad when there was nothing to make him look bad with.

O please. Rand's problem is that he has a radical position. Maddow didn't bait him into giving a crazy answer. He did that all on his own, and Maddow gave him several chances to walk it back. That he pressed further into full-blown crazy isn't her fault.

Oscar Wao is delusional if he thinks ol Rand was baited. HE SAID THIS CRAP BEFORE. and Maddow was actually trying to get him an out, but he kept going further and further down the hole.

To say ol Rand was smeared somehow is laughable. Was he smeared when he said this BP oil disaster was an "accident"?

He is the gift that wont shut up

LOL...kinda like Biden

O please. Rand's problem is that he has a radical position. Maddow didn't bait him into giving a crazy answer. He did that all on his own, and Maddow gave him several chances to walk it back. That he pressed further into full-blown crazy isn't her fault.

To say ol Rand was smeared somehow is laughable. Was he smeared when he said this BP oil disaster was an "accident"?

He is the gift that wont shut up

LOL...kinda like Biden

Biden said something about "whites only" signs?

I didn't say he was "baited." I said Rachel took his comments out of context and made him look bad for no reason whatsoever.

Fair enough. I am 100% calling you out. What exactly did Maddow take out of context?

I am calling you out because I am tired of your bullshit.

Stay on point please.

The stuff about Rand just came to the surface. Believe it or not, his campaign is in real trouble.
If this and the oil disaster (which Rand is wrong by the way, it IS a catastrophe) is all they have against the eye guy...they need new material.

Its enough Material to destroy this idiots career. If not, he wont shut up, so new material will be provided.

He can back peddle all he wants, but here is the thing.....recordings never, ever go away. God bless America.

The stuff about Rand just came to the surface. Believe it or not, his campaign is in real trouble.
If this and the oil disaster (which Rand is wrong by the way, it IS a catastrophe) is all they have against the eye guy...they need new material.

Its enough Material to destroy this idiots career. If not, he wont shut up, so new material will be provided.

He can back peddle all he wants, but here is the thing.....recordings never, ever go away. God bless America.

I hope Rand wins, because I just read about the Libtard he is running against, man he's scary, but I fear the attack material against him is way too much!

Fair enough. I am 100% calling you out. What exactly did Maddow take out of context?

I am calling you out because I am tired of your bullshit.

Stay on point please.
Well, here's probably where the interview started to get a bit heated up:

But, you know, they desegregated transportation in Boston in 1840, and I think that was an impressive and amazing thing. But also points out the sadness that it took us 120 years to desegregate the South. And a lot of that was institutional racism was absolutely wrong and something that I absolutely oppose.
MADDOW: In terms of legal remedies for persistent discrimination, though, if there was a private business, say, in Louisville, say, somewhere in your home state, that wanted to not serve black patrons and wanted to not serve gay patrons, or somebody else on the basis of their -- on the basis of a characteristic that they decided they didn't like as a private business owner -- would you think they had a legal right to do so, to put up a "blacks not served here" sign?
PAUL: Well, the interesting thing is, you know, you look back to the 1950s and 1960s at the problems we faced. There were incredible problems. You know, the problems had to do with mostly voting, they had to do with schools, they had to do with public housing. And so, this is what the civil rights largely addressed, and all things that I largely agree with.
MADDOW: But what about private businesses? I mean, I hate to -- I don`t want to be badgering you on this, but I do want an answer.
PAUL: I'm not -- I'm not --
MADDOW: Do you think that a private business has the right to say we don't serve black people?
PAUL: Yes. I'm not in favor of any discrimination of any form. I would never belong to any club that excluded anybody for race. We still do have private clubs in America that can discriminate based on race.
But I think what's important about this debate is not written into any specific "gotcha" on this, but asking the question: what about freedom of speech? Should we limit speech from people we find abhorrent? Should we limit racists from speaking?
I don't want to be associated with those people, but I also don't want to limit their speech in any way in the sense that we tolerate boorish and uncivilized behavior because that's one of the things freedom requires is that we allow people to be boorish and uncivilized, but that doesn't mean we approve of it. I think the problem with this debate is by getting muddled down into it, the implication is somehow that I would approve of any racism or discrimination, and I don't in any form or fashion.
MADDOW: But isn't being in favor of civil rights but against the Civil Rights Act a little like saying you're against high cholesterol but you're in favor of fried cheese?
PAUL: But I'm not against --
MADDOW: I mean, the Civil Rights Act was the federal government stepping in to protect civil rights because they weren't otherwise being protected. It wasn't a hypothetical. There were businesses that were saying black people cannot be served here and the federal government stepped in and said, no, you actually don't have that choice to make. The federal government is coming in and saying you can't make that choice as a business owner.
Which side of that debate would you put yourself on?
PAUL: In the totality of it, I'm in favor of the federal government being involved in civil rights and that's, you know, mostly what the Civil Rights Act was about. And that was ending institutional racism.

See, I agree that he was starting to back-track himself into a corner and flip-flop on certain points.

But if you look at it CAREFULLY, it is NOT to say that every restaurant should have "WHITES ONLY COME IN!" on their front windows, although a restaurant or two in a backwoods town may do so. It's to say that perhaps the government shouldn't intervene so much in private affairs.

Now, let's go to that one issue about that diner being allowed to be segregated:

~~~

later, after Rachel asks him,

PAUL: What I think would happen -- what I'm saying is, is that I don't believe in any discrimination. I don't believe in any private property should discriminate either. And I wouldn't attend, wouldn't support, wouldn't go to.
Gee, looks like he's in 2010, not 1960, eh?

But what you have to answer when you answer this point of view, which is an abstract, obscure conversation from 1964 that you want to bring up. But if you want to answer, you have to say then that you decide the rules for all restaurants and then you decide that you want to allow them to carry weapons into restaurants.

Now, I stand by what I said earlier. That last sentence of what Paul said was that if the government was to make rules for private property and businesses, things would end up being controlled moreso by the government.

Last edited:
People in Kentucky don't care if their Senator is a racist.

Hell, they would prefer it.

I don't know about that.

There are more registered Democrats than Republicans in the state. I figure they're mostly those so-called Blue Dog Democrats near the WV/VA border.

Still, saying Kentuckians would prefer a racist senator is a pretty broad brush. No state is one ideology. I'm sure there is a statistically significant number of Kentuckians who object to Rand's comments in question.

And trouble for the rest of the GOP trying to song and dance their way through supporting him.

As somebody else said, it's pretty bad when Mitch McConnell looks like a genius for supporting the other guy.

And trouble for the rest of the GOP trying to song and dance their way through supporting him.

As somebody else said, it's pretty bad when Mitch McConnell looks like a genius for supporting the other guy.

LOL.

I think the "Tea Party" is in more trouble than the GOP. America has been waiting for the first "Tea Party Candidate" to articulate exactly what the party stands for.

Rand bungled it.

Though in fairness, this is what he believes so I guess you can't say he bungled it. Maybe the things we have been saying (i.e. "The teaparty is too fringe for most of America") will no longer be dismissed as "liberal propaganda".

Naaaaaaahhhhhhhh.

Hard to say if this means he won't win, but it's fun to watch. This guy is supposed to be the Tea Partiers' biggest triumph so far and he steps on his dick right out of the starting gate.

:D

Yeah. He might want to tone down his association with the teaparty. I never understood that relationship. Odd couple.

Well, in his first speech after winning he said he thanked the tea baggers specifically for his win.

He represents perfectly.

And let's be clear. HIS position that it should be legal for businesses to practice racial discrimination is getting OVERWHELMING conservative support, defense, and rationalization all over the political internet.

Ironically it's generally the same crowd who likes to call Democrats RACIST because of those Southern Democrats who voted against the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

How elegantly did that come back to bite their fat asses lol.

LOL.

I think the "Tea Party" is in more trouble than the GOP. America has been waiting for the first "Tea Party Candidate" to articulate exactly what the party stands for.

Rand bungled it.

Though in fairness, this is what he believes so I guess you can't say he bungled it. Maybe the things we have been saying (i.e. "The teaparty is too fringe for most of America") will no longer be dismissed as "liberal propaganda".

Naaaaaaahhhhhhhh.

Well, I like to call this the third Tea Party candidate

1. Doug Hoffmann who cost the GOP a House Seat,

2. Scott Brown, who is turning out to be an Olympia Snowe RINO,

...a somewhat unenviable track record...

LOL.

Rand bungled it.

Naaaaaaahhhhhhhh.

Good point. I didn't realize Brown was a bagger though.

I think the larger problem: nobody really knows what the teaparties stand for.

LOL.

Rand bungled it.

Naaaaaaahhhhhhhh.

Good point. I didn't realize Brown was a bagger though.

I think the larger problem: nobody really knows what the teaparties stand for.
he wasnt

The reason he gave for cancelling Meet the Press was exhaustion. Not good for the third day of his campaign.

Hmmmm.....

In public, Senate candidate Rand Paul's Republican colleagues have tried to contextualize his controversial comments about anti-discrimination laws and the Obama administration's handling of the Gulf Coast oil spill, but privately they bemoan the political newcomer's gaffes and wish he'd focus less on the national media spotlight and more on Kentucky and the economy.

Kentucky GOP urges Rand Paul to avoid national spotlight - Politics AP - MiamiHerald.com

Hmmmm.....

In public, Senate candidate Rand Paul's Republican colleagues have tried to contextualize his controversial comments about anti-discrimination laws and the Obama administration's handling of the Gulf Coast oil spill, but privately they bemoan the political newcomer's gaffes and wish he'd focus less on the national media spotlight and more on Kentucky and the economy.

Kentucky GOP urges Rand Paul to avoid national spotlight - Politics AP - MiamiHerald.com

"Exhaustion". Yeah. That's the ticket!

85bliar.jpg

Forum List

Back