Looks Like Ted Cruz's Mother Renounced Her U.S. Citizenship Before He Was Born After All

I didn't see any proof they were Canadian citizens when Ted was born, only that some guy says there is.

Why would the United States have granted Ted Cruz citizenship from birth if both his parents were not US citizens? OP is an inbred moron.

Cruz's mother was always an American citizen. His father was a refugee from Cuba. Cruz has his American citizenship from birth through his mother.

* RULE 8: “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new. (Attack, attack, attack from all sides, never giving the reeling organization a chance to rest, regroup, recover and re-strategize.)

Why would the United States have granted Ted Cruz citizenship from birth if both his parents were not US citizens? OP is an inbred moron.

I'd like an answer to this because I am dual. Before 1977 you couldn't be. Pretty sure first coffee and all . Think its between 44 and 77 no dual citizenship was allowed in Canada. Therefore he was born a Canadian period full stop.

So when did he receive US citizenship? Oh and even with 50 coffees in me I am not a birther.

you can not easily remove/renounce your USA citizenship...

it takes a lot of hurdles to jump over with legal documents and court hearings to do this, is what I have read on it?

I'd like an answer to this because I am dual. Before 1977 you couldn't be. Pretty sure first coffee and all . Think its between 44 and 77 no dual citizenship was allowed in Canada. Therefore he was born a Canadian period full stop.

So when did he receive US citizenship? Oh and even with 50 coffees in me I am not a birther.

Children born in Canada to non-Canadian citizens did not have to renounce any other citizenship. That was the law before and after 1977.

Cruz's mother was always an American citizen. His father was a refugee from Cuba. Cruz has his American citizenship from birth through his mother.

So it doesn't have to be granted? Interesting.
Ted Cruz never had to be naturalized as a citizen because he was born a citizen, a dual citizen of the US and Canada. He has renounced his Canadian citizenship.

I have no idea what foolishness idiots rely on to come up with the idea that Cruz' mother renounced her American citizenship. It's embarrassing that they make something up for the liberal droolers.

To renounce her citizenship she would have to appear at an American consular office, in the foreign state. Declare to the consular officer an intention to renounce her citizenship, sign an affidavit of renunciation and turn over her passport. If none of that happened, she never renounced her American citizenship. There is no other way.

FYI
Acquisition of U.S. Citizenship by a Child Born Abroad

Birth Abroad to One Citizen and One Alien Parent in Wedlock
A child born abroad to one U.S. citizen parent and one alien parent acquires U.S. citizenship at birth under Section 301(g) of the INA provided the U.S. citizen parent was physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for the time period required by the law applicable at the time of the child's birth. (For birth on or after November 14, 1986, a period of five years physical presence, two after the age of fourteen, is required. For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, a period of ten years, five after the age of fourteen, is required for physical presence in the United States or one of its outlying possessions to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child.) The U.S. citizen parent must be the genetic or the gestational parent and the legal parent of the child under local law at the time and place of the child’s birth to transmit U.S. citizenship.

FYI

A child born abroad to one U.S. citizen parent and one alien parent acquires U.S. citizenship at birth under Section 301(g) of the INA provided the U.S. citizen parent was physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for the time period required by the law applicable at the time of the child's birth. (For birth on or after November 14, 1986, a period of five years physical presence, two after the age of fourteen, is required. For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, a period of ten years, five after the age of fourteen, is required for physical presence in the United States or one of its outlying possessions to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child.) The U.S. citizen parent must be the genetic or the gestational parent and the legal parent of the child under local law at the time and place of the child’s birth to transmit U.S. citizenship.

Yep, I understand that. But the bonehead OP is stating that Cruz' mother renounced her citizenship. Obviously that didn't happen.

you can not easily remove/renounce your USA citizenship...

it takes a lot of hurdles to jump over with legal documents and court hearings to do this, is what I have read on it?

YAY! A sane voice in the wilderness. I'm just asking as well. I don't get it. My dual was wild to get. Coming from the male side of the family. My Gramps Charles Boone was US navy fell in love with a Landers from Newfoundland and the Boones of Canada were born but he never ever gave up his American citizenship ever. It goes from there but my dad yes named Daniel :) pursued the paperwork and we had to get the dual from our side in Canada.

So it doesn't have to be granted? Interesting.
NO, it does not have to be granted, it's automatic if she is a citizen and lived in the USA for 10 years, 5 yrs after the age of 14.

Well we have to know more about the family don't we? I find it interesting that the Cruz family for the most part is in hiding.

That is also very interesting. And not explored.

FYI

Yep, I understand that. But the bonehead OP is stating that Cruz' mother renounced her citizenship. Obviously that didn't happen.
It happened when she was married to her expatriate first husband in England 6 years before Ted was born.

Looking forward to witnessing Trump's power to re-unite this party.

One thing every opponent has ever said about Trump about the art of the deal is his ability to stand up and reach across the table to shake the hands of his opponents .

Look at Cruz and his people. Scorched earth. If Cruz wins. I will personally champion Clinton to defeat the bastard. I\m not kidding. I have the where with all and the money to do so.

I will take out Cruz,

Forum List

Back