Looks like Obama's "We Suck" Tour is finally paying off:

“The transatlantic relationship is not living up to its potential. I think we should do much more together. We have conditions like we have never had before and it would be a pity if we missed the opportunity.”

Don't let this crisis go to waste.

Barroso revealed his frustrations with Washington during a wideranging interview in which he also admitted that the euro had acted like a “sleeping pill,” luring some countries to the edge of economic disaster with an “illusion of prosperity.”

The view from Washington is that communication with Europe on a range of crucial issues is difficult because the EU still lacks “a clear foreign policy apparatus.”

Interesting.

It's hard to beleive the rest of the world doesn't love us. This has to be propaganda.

I know what you mean. I mean I would have thought after President Bush, President Obama would have made us loved....

BTW that was sarcasm.

It be nice for once if we stopped caring what others thought and just did what was right.

By the way, the Fox News headline is woefully inaccurate, as usual.

Obama More Popular Abroad than at Home, Global Image of U.S. Continues to Benefit - Pew Research Center

This pattern is indicative of the broader picture of global opinion in 2010. President Barack Obama remains popular in most parts of the world, although his job approval rating in the U.S. has declined sharply since he first took office.

In turn, opinions of the U.S., which improved markedly in 2009 in response to Obama's new presidency, also have remained far more positive than they were for much of George W. Bush's tenure.

Ratings of America are overwhelmingly favorable in Western Europe. For example, 73% in France and 63% in Germany say they have a favorable view of the U.S. Moreover, ratings of America have improved sharply in Russia (57%), up 13 percentage points since 2009, in China (58%), up 11 points, and in Japan (66%), up 7 points. Opinions are also highly positive in other nations around the world including South Korea (79%), Poland (74%) and Brazil (62%).

It's hard to beleive the rest of the world doesn't love us. This has to be propaganda.

I guess we didn't show enough 'tough love' to them in the past. They 'warn us' but they are still taking billions from the taxpayers pockets each year in payoffs. I have the list, and it makes me sick, the amount of monies sent to countries that hate our collective guts.

This administration for sure will go down in the history books, ooops, wait, they are still re-writing them to fit their agendas and will probably list BO as the greatest POTUS in history........... but not the truth, which is to 'tank' a country, like he is doing on all fronts. :tongue:

Last edited:
Speaking days before U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron visits the White House, Barroso said: “The transatlantic relationship is not living up to its potential. I think we should do much more together.We have conditions like we have never had before ]and it would be a pity if we missed the opportunity.”

Who else but Fox News could spin this as Europe warning Obama

They are looking at themselves as missing a chance to improve relationships with the US

Nice job Fox!

We have conditions like we have never had before

Sounds like they like the relationship

Last edited:

Forum List

Back