Looks Like Most Americans Have No Problem With NSA/Phone Record Program

5stringJeff said:
Mr P says "It's illegal"... you say "so what"?!? :wtf:

Sorry, but there are better ways to target terrorists than throwing out a proverbial fishnet and seeing what turns up.
Than you should go work for the NSA because every little bit of data counts.
That's what intell is, it's raw data that can be processed into timely and
useful intelligence.

Mr. P said:
Turn yer speakers up! Hear that? No?

Then, watch as the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution are be shredded in front of you, by a bunch of BUREAUCRATS that think they know better!
So terrorism should be accepted because it doesn't violate your constitutional
rights? Let's find a better solution or deal with what we have.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
So terrorism should be accepted because it doesn't violate your constitutional
rights? Let's find a better solution or deal with what we have.
You and I, and many others on the board, served to “preserve and protect”, this Country from ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC. We did NOT serve so some could call their own shots.

The "better" solution is all I want.

jillian said:
Thank you. I admire your service. But then why would you want to see what you fought for torn apart piece by piece?
I think the greater good is to do all we can to prevent another attack on US
soil. Will we ever prevent it? Probably not, can it hurt to try? No. I find it
to be terribly insensative to deny the government tools that may very well
help catch sleeper agents, because the constitution says it's wrong.
It doesn't hurt you one bit, but it could if you deny it.

Mr. P said:
You and I, and many others on the board, served to “preserve and protect”, this Country from ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC. We did NOT serve so some could call their own shots.

The "better" solution is all I want.
I want the same but will not refuse a "possible" solution to protect
a phone bill. I'm sorry, but people are more important.

jillian said:
No...like what they're doing to the Constitution. Been to the Trade Center, thanks.

This scares me more.

Yeah, I knew what you meant. I thought I'd toss in a real world situation of something important actually being torn to bits, as opposed to this faux hysteria over lists of phone numbers.

IT doesnt matter what Most Americans think about what the government is telling them. Most Americans would hand over their rights in a heart beat if you told them it was "in their best interests."

Take the child predators. Soon the government will use this issue to justify censoring and monitoring the internet in order to protect children from the evil doers out there because parents are to stupid to know how to. And people will eat it up because "child molestors are bad."

Terrorists are a problem in this country but they DO NOT affect 99% of the population on a daily basis. The odds of us getting killed in a terrorist attack are fewer then the odds of getting struck by lighting. Thats due in large part to the efforts already made by the government to stop these attacks from occuring through the LEGAL process that we have. This NSA program steps over the bounds that the government is allowed to use. It sets a dangerous precedent that will lead to worse constitutional violations years from now when someone less trustworthy is in office.

We, the American people, have the duty to police our government and stop it from taking away our freedoms in the name of a boogeyman, whether it be terrorists, child molestors, nazis, anything. We need to keep our freedoms in our hands and not in the hands of the government as the founders intended. That was their biggest fear when they formed this great nation. They didnt want tyranny to gain a foothold. They put as many obstacles in its way to stop it but when the American People simply hand it over, then nothing can stop it.

Abbey Normal said:
Yeah, I knew what you meant. I thought I'd toss in a real world situation of something important actually being torn to bits, as opposed to this faux hysteria over lists of phone numbers.

When I was in school, I worked on the 44th floor of 2WTC. I think I already get the point. And I reiterate what I said before.

I just love lawyers who think the law is malleable based on convenience.

jillian said:
When I was in school, I worked on the 44th floor of 2WTC. I think I already get the point. And I reiterate what I said before.

If a list of your phone calls in the hands of the NSA scares you more than watching those Towers fall, I really don't know what to say. I can't imagine living with such theoretical fear.

Abbey Normal said:
If a list of your phone calls in the hands of the NSA scares you more than watching those Towers fall, I really don't know what to say. I can't imagine living with such theoretical fear.

And I can't imagine living with a greater fear of terrorists, which as Insein said, will never affect most of us, than the destruction of what this country stands for from the inside.

I find it hard to believe that the government will take this and run with it.
However, if they did I'm sure the right to bear arms (in it's true meaning)
would be exercised to allow citizens to defeat tyrany.
Until then, I'll choose to let them see my phone bill.

Abbey Normal said:

The towers falling wouldnt have been stopped by intercepting a random phone call. It could have been stopped by streamling our beuracratic intelligence agencies which is what the Patriot act partially did. We need to focus on making our intelligence agencies more effecient not granting them access to the phone records of every American citizen.

JOKER96BRAVO said:

And how do you defeat tyranny with guns when the government has the military?

JOKER96BRAVO said:

You have no right to bear arms when the government arrests you for possessing a fire arm without a permit. What then? Government has disarmed you and made you a criminal for trying to enforce your 2nd ammendment rights. How are you going to stop them?

Abbey Normal said:
I wonder how long Hitlers list of Jews was?

No, it's not the same thing, but ya get the point. I hope.

Forum List

Back