Looks Like Marvel have it's FIRST $2 BILLION Epic - Spiderman Homecoming

I love spider man but only collect the Amazing Spiderman series. Its still going to be cool to see and Spiderman never does bad...The 3rd Spiderman broke all box office records and at one time was the movie to beat. So one can only hope.

While I did not think Spiderman 3 was as bad as advertised it was pretty bad, but not as bad as the Amazing Spiderman reboot, which made a ton also.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I don't understand opinions about the past Spider Man movies. I thought the first Raimi Spider Man was the best. The second one gets so much praise, but I don't see it. Doc Oc would cause near earthquakes when walking around in one scene.......then somehow climb up a building in complete silence in another. The set up for the arms was done incredibly poorly. "Look, here's a glowing, exposed chip prominently displayed on the top of the AI-controlled metal arms connected to my back! If something happened to this, it would be terrible.....but don't worry, it's not dangerous to point it out to you, have it lit up and easy to see, with no protection on it!" Ugh, that was some horrible writing. Spider Man 3, if I remember right, was just this badly put together mish mash of villains. I never liked MacGuire as Peter particularly. I thought Garfield was much better in Amazing Spider Man. Now, ASM2 desperately needed help, but the first ASM was a pretty good movie.

I am expecting Homecoming to be the best of the Spider Man movies, based on Marvel's recent movie history and how well Spider Man's introduction went in Civil War.

I am a comic fan, but not a Spider Man fan.

Either way it is going to be a banner year for the MCU. They have never went over $2 bil and they will shadder it:
(1) GoG 2 is at $850 mil and will finish probably at $860
(2) Spiderman is predicted to do as well as CA3 at $1.1 bil
(3) Thor 3 is predicted to do $750 mil. However, it it get good rating, people are pretty excited for a Thor and Hulk team up. I know I am. It could be $1 bil.

Either way:
$860 mil + $1.1 bil + $750 mil = $2.71 bil

If both Spiderman and Thor over achieve like I thing they will, then a $3 bil year isn't out of the equation.

I think the Thor: Ragnarok trailer is the best comic book movie trailer ever. Immigrant Song from Led Zepplin just fit perfectly. :)

I've read and enjoyed the Planet Hulk story, so I might end up being disappointed in how they have changed it in the movie, but I love the trailer. That's one of my most-anticipated movies, and something I will probably go to the theater for.

I love spider man but only collect the Amazing Spiderman series. Its still going to be cool to see and Spiderman never does bad...The 3rd Spiderman broke all box office records and at one time was the movie to beat. So one can only hope.

While I did not think Spiderman 3 was as bad as advertised it was pretty bad, but not as bad as the Amazing Spiderman reboot, which made a ton also.

I don't understand opinions about the past Spider Man movies. I thought the first Raimi Spider Man was the best. The second one gets so much praise, but I don't see it. Doc Oc would cause near earthquakes when walking around in one scene.......then somehow climb up a building in complete silence in another. The set up for the arms was done incredibly poorly. "Look, here's a glowing, exposed chip prominently displayed on the top of the AI-controlled metal arms connected to my back! If something happened to this, it would be terrible.....but don't worry, it's not dangerous to point it out to you, have it lit up and easy to see, with no protection on it!" Ugh, that was some horrible writing. Spider Man 3, if I remember right, was just this badly put together mish mash of villains. I never liked MacGuire as Peter particularly. I thought Garfield was much better in Amazing Spider Man. Now, ASM2 desperately needed help, but the first ASM was a pretty good movie.

I am expecting Homecoming to be the best of the Spider Man movies, based on Marvel's recent movie history and how well Spider Man's introduction went in Civil War.

I liked McGuirre better than Garfield (but I am
Prejudiced against Garfield).

I liked Spiderman 2 better since we didn't have to go through the origin story and Dr Oc was a great villain. Spiderman 1 was awesome though. It was new and fresh at the time. I didn't like ASM 1 it was like Spiderman 1 with a different villain that kinda sucked. ASM 2 was just plain horrible. Spiderman 3 was bad but not as bad as advertised. Better than either of the ASM movies

they had to pick a new Spider[-]Man since the previous one has affiliated himself with anti-Semitic slimeball mel gibson.

some steaming pile of "cinema" called "hack[saw ridge]"...

Garfield did Hacksaw Ridge well after he was done with Spider Man. The deal between Sony and Marvel for Spider Man happened in early 2015 ( Marvel and Sony Reach Deal on Spider-Man Movie Production ), Hacksaw Ridge didn't come out until November of 2016. The one had nothing to do with the other. In fact, you could more easily argue that the only reason Garfield was available to star in Hacksaw Ridge is because he was no longer playing Spider Man.

Also, I thought Hacksaw Ridge was a decent movie. Not great, but enjoyable enough, and it led me to read a little bit about Desmond Doss.

Right now the estimates are for Homecoming to have somewhere around a $100 million opening weekend. BOX OFFICE: SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Surges On Friday For A $100+ Million Weekend
'Spider-Man: Homecoming' could have a big $100 million opening at the box office

That's quite a bit less than GotG2, which got $146 million opening weekend. It certainly doesn't look like $2 billion is in the cards if these numbers are right.

True I over estimated. I saw it. I liked it but didn't love it. I liked the original and Spiderman 2 better

Right now the estimates are for Homecoming to have somewhere around a $100 million opening weekend. BOX OFFICE: SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Surges On Friday For A $100+ Million Weekend
'Spider-Man: Homecoming' could have a big $100 million opening at the box office

That's quite a bit less than GotG2, which got $146 million opening weekend. It certainly doesn't look like $2 billion is in the cards if these numbers are right.

True I over estimated. I saw it. I liked it but didn't love it. I liked the original and Spiderman 2 better

Homecoming had a bigger than expected Friday, so now estimates for the weekend are up to $125 million.

I haven't seen it yet. I won't for at least a couple of weeks yet. I might go see it in 2 weekends, otherwise I'll end up waiting for DVD. I don't go to the movies much.

and hopefully you haven't PAiD to see that hack job...you ARE aware of what a Boycott List is, right?

Toby was better. Garfield was too pretty to be Peter Parker. Not buying that Garfield wouldn't have been popular in high school....or that he was a science nerd for that matter.

Homecoming had a bigger than expected Friday, so now estimates for the weekend are up to $125 million.

I haven't seen it yet. I won't for at least a couple of weeks yet. I might go see it in 2 weekends, otherwise I'll end up waiting for DVD. I don't go to the movies much.

I might be the only one but I thought it didn't meet expectations. Still a good movie and Keaton was awesome. Some of the funniest one liners in any superhero movie!

Toby was better. Garfield was too pretty to be Peter Parker. Not buying that Garfield wouldn't have been popular in high school....or that he was a science nerd for that matter.

I never took prettiness into account. :p

I might be the only one but I thought it didn't meet expectations. Still a good movie and Keaton was awesome. Some of the funniest one liners in any superhero movie!

I sometimes feel like the only one who doesn't consider Spider-Man 2 the best of the movies. :lol:

I sometimes feel like the only one who doesn't consider Spider-Man 2 the best of the movies. :lol:
I like the first one better.

I well over-estimated this movie, but then again I didn't expect Marvel to isolate and turn off huge segments of the population by SJW commentary throughout the movie.

Not to mention how much they destroyed the Mary Jane character. One of her key traits was her red hair, but OK I can easily live with her ethnicity getting changes. But then they turn the popular, athletic, witty and positive attitude character into an unattractive, strange, SJW, comedic side kick loner. Bad move marvel.

Forum List

Back