Looks like Humana is next to go

Another huge insurer says it ain't worth it:

Humana expects to bolt Health Care Market following United Health Care exit in 2016

The GOP comes up with nothing, the Dems give us this ridiculous pig of a law.

Thanks folks, great job.

Good. Opens the market for smaller, more competitive insurers.
Or a monopoly..

Not a monopoly, but a big fish gobbling up a little fish. Looks as if Aetna is buying Humana:

Aetna says individual exchange business improved; shares gain

Humana expects to bolt Health Care Market following United Health Care exit in 2016

Thanks folks, great job.

Or a monopoly..

Not a monopoly, but a big fish gobbling up a little fish. Looks as if Aetna is buying Humana:

Yep.

Thanks folks, great job.

Or a monopoly..

Yep.

It's good that Humana's customers won't be left out in the cold.

How's your bank doing, BTW?

Thanks folks, great job.

Or a monopoly..

Yep.

I suppose. But this is why the 'big fish' wrote ACA in the first place. It's a little crass of you to gloat over it, don't you think?

???

Or a monopoly..

Yep.

I suppose. But this is why the 'big fish' wrote ACA in the first place. It's a little crass of you to gloat over it, don't you think?

I'm reporting a news item. I'm pleased that people will continue to have insurance coverage. Neither is gloating.

???

It's a straightforward question, but I don't want you to feel you're "forced" to answer it.

Or a monopoly..

Yep.

I'm reporting a news item. I'm pleased that people will continue to have insurance coverage. Neither is gloating.

Well, you seem pleased to see large corporations using ACA to gobble up their competition.

???

It's a straightforward question, but I don't want you to feel you're "forced" to answer it.

There's nothing straightforward about it. It's a complete non-sequitur. I don't know if you're trying to imply something (and failing), or are just being nosy.

Yep.

Well, you seem pleased to see large corporations using ACA to gobble up their competition.

???

There's nothing straightforward about it. It's a complete non-sequitur. I don't know if you're trying to imply something (and failing), or are just being nosy.

:itsok:

???

:itsok:

Post it again.

Despite the optimism from the Obama administration, an increasing number of insurance and medical experts, like Mount Sinai Health System President and CEO Kenneth Davis, have started to speak up about the problems facing ObamaCare.

“Premiums are going up, deductibles are higher and that’s a problem,” he said on CNBC, reversing optimistic comments he made only a year ago.

“What it’s all about is that not enough healthy people have signed up,” he said, creating a lopsided business model.

Humana latest insurer to have big problems under ObamaCare | Fox News

Despite the optimism from the Obama administration, an increasing number of insurance and medical experts, like Mount Sinai Health System President and CEO Kenneth Davis, have started to speak up about the problems facing ObamaCare.

“Premiums are going up, deductibles are higher and that’s a problem,” he said on CNBC, reversing optimistic comments he made only a year ago.

“What it’s all about is that not enough healthy people have signed up,” he said, creating a lopsided business model.

Increasing the tax penalty for not signing up or levying the tax for single payer are not politically popular, because healthy younger people will be carrying the sicker folks, and those younger folks making money are the same ones fckied over with student loans.

Increasing the tax penalty for not signing up or levying the tax for single payer are not politically popular, because healthy younger people will be carrying the sicker folks, and those younger folks making money are the same ones fckied over with student loans.

The more that people become accustomed to being forced to buy insurance, the more they will come to resent the scofflaws, and the more support there will be for effective penalties. Mandated auto liability went through the same process. It was soft-peddled at first, with modest fines. Now most states resort to serious penalties for defying the law.

The more that people become accustomed to being forced to buy insurance, the more they will come to resent the scofflaws, and the more support there will be for effective penalties. Mandated auto liability went through the same process. It was soft-peddled at first, with modest fines. Now most states resort to serious penalties for defying the law.
I really don't know. The actual market based reform was more on removing the tax expenditures (tax breaks) for employers who provide health insurance, and taxing employers like Wal-mart who don't. And using the money to provide individuals with tax credits, with which they could purchase health care either through insurance or direct purchase, on a dollar for dollar tax cut. But the tea party primaried out any goper who'd suggest this.

Even Paul Ryan was pushing this stuff.

I don't know of anyone who raising a stink over this issue.

Forum List

Back