Looks like Greece is going down

Greece Still Going Broke, Now Faster And With More Broke-Ness

hey, I've got an idea. Why don't we vote for the pubs cuz they've said they're invested in making the rich richer and wanna put the rest of us on a financial diet.

YOU know, The European Austerity Diet.

That way, the US can go broke, stop fooling around with this silly "most powerful nation on the planet" nonsense and then, the pubs can laugh at our stupidity.

Naw, never mind. Ain't nobody dumb enough to vote for such stupidity.

Well, when you consider the country is collapsing due to public employee debt and welfar programs run amock you have no point at all....welll you still have the one under your hat.

I do find it amusing that here you have a country run almost exactly like you want this one to be run and it is failing badly and you want to blame the rich there....here's a clue nimrod...the rich left that third world shithole years ago. They stop in for a visit from time to time but they live in Monaco now.

So what else in new, no natural resource, little manufacturing, unsustainable debt, massive unfunded, and current liabilities. They have no other way out, when one is reluctant to change, their financial future is etched in stone, need to exit the Euro, let their currency float, and except the regression into the abysses of a second tier country. Change takes time and they will change once reality knocks at the door. The Greeks are a strong culture and will adjust as the times require.

hey, I've got an idea. Why don't we vote for the pubs cuz they've said they're invested in making the rich richer and wanna put the rest of us on a financial diet.

That way, the US can go broke, stop fooling around with this silly "most powerful nation on the planet" nonsense and then, the pubs can laugh at our stupidity.

The reason Greece is in trouble is due to programs that took 30+ years to fully developed and create wide spread dependency on Government... Greece takes the first steps to cut from what they can't afford due to an entire system wide economic collapse in their country and you immediately blame a “balanced budget” (not that they have it) as the problem... Do you have any idea how out of touch with even the most basic levels of honesty you are?

Last edited:

The Greeks are trying to fight off the International Bankers who own their Gov't. You should be so brave.

This is coming to America. Soon.

None of this would have happened without the Pub cronyism and corruption World Depression...Great Job, Pubbies.

The EU has tried the austerity route, now they're going to try a little more growth.

5,145 posts and you still have not said anything intelligent… I'd say think about that for a second, but I honestly don't think you can.

I await the predictable "pub" "con$" "Rep created worldwide depression" cut and paste response from you.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Greece is going down because they spent themselves into a hole.

In fact, the whole EU is going down within the next year because of countries like Greece draining the rest of them.

Had they significantly cut their taxes and significantly cut their spending, then perhaps they could have saved their nation. Now it's going to reset. along with much of the world.

Thank you for the clueless and fact-free commentary.

So Greece isnt spending themselves down the drain?

The EU isnt pumping money into Greece and following them in their downward spiral?

Are you honestly saying that if they has only spent if they had it, they would be on the verge of collapse?

What part of what I said was not a fact?

No. They are under forced austerity. Greece has a revenue problem, in addition to being tied to the Euro. They are no longer able to print their own money in order to manage their own economy, so they are at the mercy of the Germans and French.

The Greeks are trying to fight off the International Bankers who own their Gov't. You should be so brave.

This is coming to America. Soon.

False.

yeah you're right, Greece was AWESOME before that, they just did that because.......well I dont know why, but man they ruined a great country didnt they. It was all perfect until 2 years ago. (and you really believe it, that's the sad part)

What Greece needs is a massive spending program on Infrastructure...............

They just need to borrow a few trillion more to reach prosperity...lol

They are no longer able to print their own money in order to manage their own economy, so they are at the mercy of the Germans and French.

Serves em right for selling themselves to the EU. They sold their sovereignty and now they have no control when things are looking ugly. And even if they do leave now, things will get uglier.

Thank you for the clueless and fact-free commentary.

The EU isnt pumping money into Greece and following them in their downward spiral?

Are you honestly saying that if they has only spent if they had it, they would be on the verge of collapse?

No. They are under forced austerity. Greece has a revenue problem, in addition to being tied to the Euro. They are no longer able to print their own money in order to manage their own economy, so they are at the mercy of the Germans and French.
A revenue problem? they don't take in any money?

Greece is going down because they spent themselves into a hole.

In fact, the whole EU is going down within the next year because of countries like Greece draining the rest of them.

Had they significantly cut their taxes and significantly cut their spending, then perhaps they could have saved their nation. Now it's going to reset. along with much of the world.

Yeah, because Ireland cut taxes to the bone (your side spend most of the last decade talking about how the United States should be more like the "Celtic Tiger"), and we see how well that's working out of them.

Also, if deficits caused the crisis, why is Spain slumping big, while Germany is humming along for the time being? Spain was much more financial responsible than Germany in the pre-crisis period.

A revenue problem? they don't take in any money?

Not that it's really that significant to the current crisis, but Greece has a long-running problem with tax collection.

Forum List

Back