Looks like another war or extended conflict on the horizon

DKSuddeth

Oct 20, 2003
North Texas
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=615&u=/nm/20040324/pl_nm/energy_bush_dc_1&printer=1

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Bush is concerned about record high gasoline prices but does not plan to halt shipments for now to the U.S. oil stockpile known as the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, the White House said on Wednesday.

"Like most Americans, the president is concerned about rising gas prices," said White House spokesman Scott McClellan.

The average U.S. retail gasoline price climbed to a all-time high of $1.74 per gallon this week, with prices in California well above $2 a gallon.

A group of House lawmakers, including some from Bush's own Republican Party, have asked the administration to stop filling the Strategic Petroleum Reserve.

Asked whether the Bush administration planned to stop replenishing the reserve, McClellan replied: "No. We need to make sure we have the resources in the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to act in the event of a national emergency, which would be a severe disruption of energy supply."

"We need to make sure we have the necessary supply of oil in reserve," he added.

On Tuesday, Energy Secretary Spencer Abraham said the government will not halt deliveries of crude oil to the nation's emergency stockpile, citing national security concerns.

Democrats have seized the jump in gasoline prices as a political issue, saying that an American family with two cars will spend nearly all of its average $400 federal tax rebate on higher gasoline prices this summer.

McClellan renewed a call for Congress to pass a bill to overhaul U.S. energy policies, which is one of Bush's key legislative priorities.

this is either a continued attempt to force drilling in the ANWR, preparation for another war or conflict somewhere, or advanced knowledge of a terrorist attack inside the US. Just my little conspiracy theory :p:

...Is a war without end until the root causes of terrorism are eliminated. But Dubbyuh and his merry band aren't interested in that latter course of action.

I'm open to hearing arguments against drilling in ANWR. My position is it would be beneficial to America in that it is a huge amount of oil there and would lessen our dependence on the foriegn variety a bit. I also refute the detrimental to the enviroment argument. I cite the first drilling of oil in Alaska and the ensuing pipeline which has neither eradicated or even effected any species in any way and has provided the people of Alaska with much needed employment.

It's not about oil, DK. Oil is only the present scapegoat. It's about Power and Profit like it's always been. Certain politicos like to entertain religion as being their driving force and that argument has been used successfully for as long as history has recorded. Although I am a Christian, I can't stand for this travesty of religious/power/profit manipulation by this administration. I choose to oppose fairy tales and empty or ill conceived promises.

I've stated here before that yeah, you are probably right in some sense about this being about power and profit. I guess America has the power to try and shape the world as it sees fit and until someone else comes along and puts a stop to it so shall it do and profit from it. No difference between America and the other great civilizations of history except that America is not presently colonizing and enslaving people no matter what the left wing activists would like you to believe.

Wouldn't bother me a bit when this is all over to see us back up every tanker that flies an American flag and loot a few billion barrels of oil from that region for a little OPEC payback.

If there were a president Psycho, what would he have done after 9/11? *Nothing is not a valid answer.

Originally posted by OCA
I'm open to hearing arguments against drilling in ANWR. My position is it would be beneficial to America in that it is a huge amount of oil there and would lessen our dependence on the foriegn variety a bit. I also refute the detrimental to the enviroment argument. I cite the first drilling of oil in Alaska and the ensuing pipeline which has neither eradicated or even effected any species in any way and has provided the people of Alaska with much needed employment.

The main reason there is an uproar about drilling in the ANWR is that the republican leadership wants to release drilling companies from liability should any accidents or spills happen, at least cap the damages or something like that.

You're so fucked up on so many levels that I don't know where to begin. Let's suffice it to say that I believe a baloney sandwich could have provided as much leadership as GWB in the aftermath of 9/11. Even a casual look towards comparative leadership would reveal that what I speak is true.

Originally posted by Psychoblues
You're so fucked up on so many levels that I don't know where to begin. Let's suffice it to say that I believe a baloney sandwich could have provided as much leadership as GWB in the aftermath of 9/11. Even a casual look towards comparative leadership would reveal that what I speak is true.

who are you directing that to psycho?

Not you, DK!!!!! Reread the thread. The software here is not up to speed. Let the administrators figger that out.

Try using the quote feature. Do you need written instructions?

Not you, DK!!!!! Reread the thread. The software here is not up to speed. Let the administrators figger that out.

Psycho, I AM a moderator, however, I wasn't concerned with your language. (unless it was directed at me, of course)

just trying to keep the thread straight

Sorry to confuse you but I read threads as they make sense to me. As far as jimnyc's suggestion as whether or not I need written instruction, I do not. I choose to post and comment as if this were the very first time I ever visited this site. I don't control the visible indications of continuity and I don't attempt to correct it in my wordage. Like the very first time I visited here, I just rely on the honesty and intellegence of the readers to make the connection on their own. Can you dig it?

It be nice if anyone was really concerned with gas prices. But im not sure President Bush is yet because he hasnt proposed cutting taxes on gas.

Nor has he expressed any concern whatsoever for competitive gas price consideration or even expressed the slightest concern for alternative energy sources. GWB sucks as any form of a Chief Executive and it's time the American people were made aware of his ineffectiveness and reliance on his puppetmasters. Don't you think?

Nor has he expressed any concern whatsoever for competitive gas price consideration or even expressed the slightest concern for alternative energy sources. GWB sucks as any form of a Chief Executive and it's time the American people were made aware of his ineffectiveness and reliance on his puppetmasters. Don't you think?

Right...just cause he doesnt have oil tax cuts on the table yet doesnt mean he is inneffective. He has done quite a bit already and has my vote easily.

Kerry on the other hand hasnt even earned the votes he already has, they just dont want Bush and thats not a reason you get elected.

I notice you didn't refute one word, just some stupid bullshit which is your usual M.O.(liberal), you are a joke and made a complete ass out of yourself not that you have any self respect and care about such things. Thanks for playing and better luck next time around.

Forum List

Back