Looking for roast duck stuffing.

Mindful

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2014
Here, there, and everywhere.
Give me your personal favourites.

roast-duck-e1512331672534.jpg

Use a std Southern Living turkey stuffing but substitute deli grade pumpernickel bread as the bread/toast base.Huge difference in moistness plus a unique "twang" to the flavor

Something that would go well with the fatty duck would be what I use for fatty veal stuffing and that would be Matzah stuffing, made alot like fried matzah except stuffed into the duck with it's juices instead of fried.
Take a few sheets of matzah broken up in 1-2 inch pieces and soak in water then drain and add an egg or 2 depending on how many sheets you use, season to preference and add the duck juices or some chicken broth and stuff the duck with it. You'll find it's fluffy texture blends well with fatty meats.

• Banned
Something that would go well with the fatry duck would be what I use for fatty veal stuffing and that would be Matzah stuffing, made alot like fried matzah except stuffed into the duck with it's juices instead of fried.
Take a few sheets of matzah broken up in 1-2 inch pieces and soak in water then drain and add an egg or 2 depending on how many sheets you use, season to preference and add the duck or some chicken broth and stuff the turkey with it. You'll find it's fluffy texture blends well with fatty meats.

I never thought of that. Thank you.

Forum List

Back