Looking for NEW SUV/Crossover

Hopefully we'll be making the purchaze in the next 2-3 weeks. Looks,like it will be the Escape, if the dealer can come to a reasonable price. Got the $30K loan approved by ny bank last weekend.

Now we're just waiting on tbe title for my current car. I hadn't realized tbe bank never sent it to me when I paid the loan off three years ago. Once that's in hand, we'll cut a deal.

Ah, now the fun starts.

I enjoy playing the price negotiating game with car salesmen because generally they are so predictable with their tactics. My favorite is the old "gotta run this by the Sales Manager" ploy as they begin to get up from their chair, at which time I too rise and say something like, "Great, yeah, let's go talk to him" (or the boss or the decision maker or whatever comes out of my mouth). That of course is not part of their game plan and tends to get them a bit rattled and the game is basically over and I end up paying what I want for the vehicle.

Also, I have never not gotten a call from a salesperson a day or two after walking out on him/her because they wouldn't accept my offer. They always give me some variation of the story about how they really wanted my business and really had to fight, argue, whatever hard for me and finally were able to get the powers that be to accept my offer...yada, yada, yada.

Anyway, enjoy the dance!

Made the deal on Sunday and picked the Escape up last night. Shadow Black. 4WD. Most of the bells and whistles. Drives beautifully. Very hsppy with ut.

Ah, now the fun starts.

I enjoy playing the price negotiating game with car salesmen because generally they are so predictable with their tactics. My favorite is the old "gotta run this by the Sales Manager" ploy as they begin to get up from their chair, at which time I too rise and say something like, "Great, yeah, let's go talk to him" (or the boss or the decision maker or whatever comes out of my mouth). That of course is not part of their game plan and tends to get them a bit rattled and the game is basically over and I end up paying what I want for the vehicle.

Also, I have never not gotten a call from a salesperson a day or two after walking out on him/her because they wouldn't accept my offer. They always give me some variation of the story about how they really wanted my business and really had to fight, argue, whatever hard for me and finally were able to get the powers that be to accept my offer...yada, yada, yada.

Anyway, enjoy the dance!

The FORD dealer I went to has all the Rock-Bottom prices printed on another sticker on the door. No haggle. This is WHY I went there. The Honda Dealer would never tell me the price. Instead "we need to get you into the room with Finance, need your license etc.".

No haggle is the only way. I hear the really smart people are able to do no-haggle over the internet.

Forum List

Back